Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 11:16:06 AM EDT
How are these shipped or who ships these kits to us?
Does any one or shops have theses in Hawaii.

If not think a homebrew will do?

Phosphoric Acid - Active ingredient in Navel Jelly Rust Remover found at chem. supply house

Powdered Manganese Dioxide - heavy, dark gray powder found at chem supply house

Water - Distilled water is better but not necessarily required for good results

Steel Wool - One Biscuit

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I know a backyard redneck way to do it with alkaline batteries, if you feel like cutting a  bunch of them open.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#2]
That black stuff in the middle must be the Manganese part.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, when I get home Ill find the link online regarding the battery method, my work computer doesnt allow me to access forums.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool
Got a POLish  AKMS UF and will need the receiver parked.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 1:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I think when we start this build party, I am going to park the reciever, rivet to the trunions, then gunkote over the reciever and rivets.  I want to leave the factory finish on my gun as much as possible since it is a new kit, never fired.  If I can match the look of the factory finish with gunkote then that is how I am going to do my reciever, I just hope the oven doesnt hurt my night sights.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top