Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2003 6:09:12 PM EDT
I have not hear from anyone lattely.  I know that it has been cold up here (-28) but has no one in Alaska done anything lately?  While woring a couple nights ago I got to watch a Polar bear feeding on a seal.  This was pretty cool, as long as I was warm in my truck.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 1:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Just doing my time you know where, Arctic Bear.  I didn't get down to join up with the shooting club, thought I would wait till it was closer to summer.  I got a couple of the DOD boys some rifles.  I brought back a crappy AK-47 copy for one, and for the other I brought back a Yugo M48 Mauser.  We love those Mausers, his was the bottom model, cheapest, but still all matching and nice enough.  I also traded him a CZ-97B pistol (.45ACP) for my unfired FAC HK91 copy - the one with the US Aluminum receiver with scope rail on top.  When it got warm enough (for him) we went to try the rifles out.  It was snowing like a muther.  We had fun with both rifles, but by the time he gave me the Hk91 copy, it was single action.  The bolt was not coming back into battery.  He had unfortunately used shredder oil to lube it before I could hand him some decent weapons grade oil.  It was way to viscous.  We didn't fire the AK-47.  I didn't bring back ammo for that and we didn't want to pay Barrow prices.  Hey people, did you know .223 goes for $17/box up here in Barrow?  Needless to say, we import what we shoot. EIEIO.

Oh, I also shot my Norinco 1911 I brought back - in .45 and a lot of .22LR using my Ceiner conversion kit.  Also got a Ruger Single Six .22lr revolver back from Ruger (busted parts) and shot that too.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#2]
AK_Mike
Well you let me know when you want to join the club and the first year is on me.  During the winter they have airgun shoots at the old high school. I will be leaving Barrow the middle of next month for several weeks.  It will be nice to relax for a while.    
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 5:27:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet there are no gun clubs or FFLs in Delta Junction
Link Posted: 11/18/2003 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh there are FFL's to be sure, just small timers is all.  This state has way too many FFL's.  I read at one point we had a 1:10 ratio of FFL's to non per capita...

Edited to say:  That was before the "crackdown" however.  These days, there are a lot less, but still many.  Just ask around when you get there.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 12:00:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Arcticbear.  Just working down here.  Hasn't been much to report but my overtime hours and a few surprises left for another time
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:25:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I would love to be out at the range - Too many projects I want to wring out - work and family obligations out of state....  I'll be at work another month, and then out of state 3 weeks, back to work.

See ya'll in February, if nothing else comes up.
Link Posted: 11/21/2003 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#7]
2 of 5 of us at work have C&R FFLs.  A good dinner topic is what AIM or Century has on sale.

One of the other guys will eagerly buy whatever we order for ourselves.  Just need a regular FFL at work so I can buy some of that REALLY neat stuff, like the 49.95 1911 frames from Gunparts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top