Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2003 11:22:07 AM EDT
Okay how many Alaskans have snow on the ground today?  I awoke to a couple new inches of snow this morning.  I will bet that it will be here until Spring.  Looks like the time of the year for shooting is over and now the reloading season has started.  I hear that Fairbanks is stil warm if not hot.  I know that AK_Mike will enjoy his time away from Barrow this month.

I will be back in Anchorage the begining of the year.  Anyone up for a winter shoot?  No plans now but maybe something to keep in mind.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Hehe... The AR15.com "Freeze Your Ass Off" Shoot...  Details to follow...

Sounds good to me.

We got a light snow just for my birthday on the 20th.  Long gone now. (Anchorage)
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 12:48:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn.  Thanks articbear for telling me what I have to look forward to when I get back.

At least no snow here in Fairbanks yet, and only two days did it rain in any manner.  Way above average temps when I got here at the beginning of the month.  Will drop off my paperwork for the shooting club when I get back, then gotta get my 3 shooting matches in so I can get that coupon for a DCM Garand!
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]
AK_mike
We will get you set up for those matches so you can get your Garand.  I did the same last year for mine.  Spent some money up grading it and WOW!  You will have to take it out and run it for awhile.

Be ready for some snow and cold when you return.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I came back, I saw the snow, I am now officially unhappy.  Hate it all the way to the bank.  If you want to know what the hell I am doing in a place like this, hating it so much, look at the pics I post of some of my finer firearms elsewhere and you may understand.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:05:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome back.  A couple of days ago we set a record.  The most snow in a 24 hour period since 1922.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#6]
As that snow covered my tennis shoes, I truly lamented forgetting to bring back my boots.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top