Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2017 8:54:15 AM EDT
I received this in an email today.  You may want to weigh in.

https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqextranet/EsurveyForm.aspx?__cid=IA03DY&__sid=100125&__crop=15484.27137033.5322931.1495428
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 1:37:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Just replied to his email survey a few minutes ago.  It will be interesting to see how much they listen.

Link Posted: 10/8/2017 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I replied as well.  I also sent him, Grassley and Ernst told them they need to seriously consider new leadership in both House and senate.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#3]
From his website:

The legal sale of bump stocks
October 10, 2017 Survey
As the investigation into the Las Vegas attack continues, law enforcement officials note that an accessory called a bump stock was used by the attacker.

Adding a bump stock to a rifle increases the fire rate for a rifle - the number of rounds that can be fired per minute - to a fire rate similar to a fully automatic rifle. As you may know, fully automatic rifles are illegal to purchase under current federal law.

I recently cosigned a letter asking the agency responsible for enforcing federal gun sale laws - the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) - to review the legality of bump stocks and similar accessories.

Bold is mine.

Couldn't find any results on the survey.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 4:46:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Anything Obama did or BATFE did under the leadership of Obama needs to be looked at.  The question then becomes did they do what they did intentionally knowing it would likely be abused and their intent being advancing gun control restrictions?  
Under Obama's BATFE we have seen 1. Bump Fire / Slide Fire stocks  2. Tannerite a two part explosive detonated by bullet impact and capable of being an initiating explosive for an IED  3. triggers that fire once when pulled and a second time when released. 4. shotguns with a barrel shorter than 18 inches.  Now I understand we all like our tools and our toys but you really have to ask WHY NOW why at the point when we know New World Order wants to alter our form of Government are we seeing these items allowed.  Please question: was this done intentionally to push forward gun control.  We know if we loose our guns we loose our country,  so everything that Obama did he did for a reason and none of it was in our best interest. So Pro 2nd Amendment I am but I'm not a fan of these Obama era changes because I question the intent.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything Obama did or BATFE did under the leadership of Obama needs to be looked at.  The question then becomes did they do what they did intentionally knowing it would likely be abused and their intent being advancing gun control restrictions?  
Under Obama's BATFE we have seen 1. Bump Fire / Slide Fire stocks  2. Tannerite a two part explosive detonated by bullet impact and capable of being an initiating explosive for an IED  3. triggers that fire once when pulled and a second time when released. 4. shotguns with a barrel shorter than 18 inches.  Now I understand we all like our tools and our toys but you really have to ask WHY NOW why at the point when we know New World Order wants to alter our form of Government are we seeing these items allowed.  Please question: was this done intentionally to push forward gun control.  We know if we loose our guns we loose our country,  so everything that Obama did he did for a reason and none of it was in our best interest. So Pro 2nd Amendment I am but I'm not a fan of these Obama era changes because I question the intent.
View Quote
That's a bit of a stretch.

The ATF "allowed" bump fire stocks because there was no reason not to.Still one round per action of the trigger.

You go down the path you are on with your thinking,and you can question any mag that holds more than a few rounds or semi autos in general...................
Link Posted: 10/27/2017 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
It would be less of a stretch if there had not been other questionable BATFE issues like Fast and Furious.  I am a bit concerned about the tannerite as I suspect the car full of it found in Las Vegas was intended to be an initiating explosive for the JP8.  But then I believe there is a 90% + chance Justice Antonin Scalia was murdered and they really thought the second amendment would die with him. I see the left screaming for "common sense gun laws"  but  I see how the left has intentionally handicapped HR 218 LEOSA.    Who in their right mind would not expect the wording of LEOSA  to read "Police, on duty or off duty or QRLEO may not be excluded from any No Carry Zone open to the public for the protection of the public."  

Quote Christopher C. Shaefer BATFE Deputy Assistant Director : "It should also be noted that this Federal Law does not superscede or limit the laws of any State that permit private persons or entities to prohibit or restrict the possession of concealed firearms on their property...."  Quite simply the deck has been stacked against the Police.  My conclusion is that there are no common sense gun laws other than the Second Amendment. But in spite of that just like the confederate statues issue my question is --- WHY NOW?  What is the Intent?
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top