Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:35:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets do it again next week.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The wife & I had a good time.  Thanks to everyone for bringing some good things to eat.  Thanks Michael for hosting.  It was good to see some of your mugs again and meet new folks.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Well glad it was a hit, just wish I could have done more than stand around on the phone talking with work.

I didn't get a chance to say the Mac and cheese should have gone in the oven for a few minutes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks to Michael and his family for hosting this fine event. It was great meeting new people and watching everyone have a great time passing some neat guns around. The food was great. I wish something like this could happen more frequently. This is the most exercise my guns had gotten in quite a while.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well glad it was a hit, just wish I could have done more than stand around on the phone talking with work.

I didn't get a chance to say the Mac and cheese should have gone in the oven for a few minutes.
View Quote
You know, I thought that it may have been a bit underdone. 

It was still good, thanks for bringing it. 
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:49:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I second this motion...
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 6:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to Michael for hosting, and to everyone else for being so welcoming. Its weird living where people like where they live, and I can see why. Great to meet you all
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 7/15/2017 7:46:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks to Michael for hosting, and to everyone else for being so welcoming. Its weird living where people like where they live, and I can see why. Great to meet you all
View Quote
I second all this, especially how welcoming everyone has been. It's great to live somewhere where people are proud to be from. It's something I'm very familiar with, and consider it great hospitality!

Thanks to Michael and to everyone that brought food and good conversation. It was fun.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Had a great time. It sure is fun to listen to you all. Thanks to Michael and family for hosting.

You guys really are a fun group to hang around with.

It was also good to see how many cans were in attendance.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I also forgot to thank Dave for letting me shoot the "Giggle" gun.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:40:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Had a blast and I'm ready for the next one!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:11:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
You are most welcome sir!  That's the reason I built it, to have some fun.  Thanks for helping put some patina on that that little can to.

Thanks to all of you that were able to attend.  It's always good to see all the old faces and to meet the new ones too.  As always, thanks to all the folks who provided the food and cold drinks.  It was plentiful and delicious.  

Let's do this again........maybe when it's a bit cooler?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You are most welcome sir!  That's the reason I built it, to have some fun.  Thanks for helping put some patina on that that little can to.

Thanks to all of you that were able to attend.  It's always good to see all the old faces and to meet the new ones too.  As always, thanks to all the folks who provided the food and cold drinks.  It was plentiful and delicious.  

View Quote
It was a pleasure talking old guns with you

I never get to do that in real life.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Guys: It was great to stop by for lunch, sorry I had to slip out quietly to be in Pleasant Hill by 14:30. Anyone wants those extra tickets for the Puppy Jake event, just IM me and I'll get them to you.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:15:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Guys: It was great to stop by for lunch, sorry I had to slip out quietly to be in Pleasant Hill by 14:30. Anyone wants those extra tickets for the Puppy Jake event, just IM me and I'll get them to you.
View Quote
I didn't get to speak to you more, and I regret that. Puppy Jake is a great organization. I know at least one person that has one of your pups, and I think 2 others that have helped train them. It's truly a great thing you guys do. I work for the VA and everyone knows you guys and has a very favorable opinion of you guys. 

I'd like to attend - I'll pm you if I'm able to. I hope so- it sounds like a blast. 
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've shot a good amount of FA, back in the days we were talking about. But yours definitely left me with a smile on my face. Thanks again for turning it loose with us ??
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 4:01:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 7:26:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Enjoyed meeting you all.

Short vid of the giggle gun.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 1:37:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
What's your involvement with PJF? There's a chance we've met at some point. My store donates a lot of food for the dogs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Had fun!  To anybody I was talking about our pistol/2-gun/3-gun matches too, you can find more info here: https://www.facebook.com/IowaOOPS/
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:40:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Enjoyed meeting you all.

Short vid of the giggle gun.
View Quote
Every video ended the same way yesterday after shooting that gun. With a BIG SMILE!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:08:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Had a good time.  Hoping next time won't take another 3 years.   Good food & shooting guns what a awesome Saturday afternoon.

Good to see new people & others I already knew.

Joe
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:00:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to more of you folks.... Was still busy trying not to pass out.

And HOORAY! No one shot my uprights! (So I'm guessing you were all too chicken to shoot at it )  Don't worry, I hit it twice the next day
[#25]
Double Tap
[#26]
Triple Tap?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Pew pew pew
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:05:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
As it was with you.  That's why these get-togethers are so much fun.  Next time I'll bring the Car 15/XM177/Commando.  It has a giggle switch too!

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
As it was with you.  That's why these get-togethers are so much fun.  Next time I'll bring the Car 15/XM177/Commando.  It has a giggle switch too!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've never shot an M16, that would be cool
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What's your involvement with PJF? There's a chance we've met at some point. My store donates a lot of food for the dogs.
View Quote
I'm on the Board of Directors and spend a lot of my free time raising money for the Foundation.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:58:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
hell yes...
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#34]
i was kicking this around, and honest to goodness there's no reason we can't get back on the calendar right now and get a date in the pipe...

can i assume another saturday is best?  i avoid sundays, as i keep those for church and family...
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:30:32 AM EDT
[#35]
What about a 'Fun 2-gun' or Yammer and I were discussing bringing back Smack the Smiley-esque competition for a charitable cause?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Can we get another night shoot?  I missed the last one and still kick myself.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
i was kicking this around, and honest to goodness there's no reason we can't get back on the calendar right now and get a date in the pipe...

can i assume another saturday is best?  i avoid sundays, as i keep those for church and family...
View Quote
Saturdays work for me for the most part.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 10:00:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Can we get another night shoot?  I missed the last one and still kick myself.
View Quote
This sounds interesting!
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What about a 'Fun 2-gun' or Yammer and I were discussing bringing back Smack the Smiley-esque competition for a charitable cause?
View Quote
Sounds like a good time to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top