Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 6:49:50 AM EDT
Got my "appointment" scheduled with Paul Fitzgerald to discuss my "eligibility" for a CCW (I'm a story county resident displaced in NE by Uncle Sam).  I'm thinking that using the C&R I have will help me with him--according to his website, collectors who carry high-dollar-value items across the state meet his criteria.  Given that a single vet bringback rifle can bring upwards of $3k-$4k at a gunshow with the proper paperwork (or more) I'm hoping my case is strong.

It's just nice to know he places more value on money and objects than the lives of the people he's supposed to protect.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It's just nice to know he places more value on money and objects than the lives of the people he's supposed to protect.

+1

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Linn county sheriff is the same way, you must carry large amounts of $ to be able to carry.  The restriction will even say must have $500+ to carry.  My plan was to buy a glock and roll up $500 and put it in the grip.  That way any time I carry I will have the $.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the tip David.  I'll definitely keep that in mind when I go in.

Of course, all I would have to do is put a couple of my SKS's in the trunk whenever I travel if he were to put that restriction on me.  
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top