Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 2/16/2006 5:50:42 PM EDT
I am looking for a place to fish and maybe camp a few nights. I dont want something with hundreds of people in a park. Just some place secluded to camp at.

I am looking for a place to fish, Lapeer, Macomb Oakland Wayne, Monroe or Livingston area. Now I know some of you dont want to give up any good fishing spots. I am looking to take a girl I have been seeing for awhile. She has never been fishing.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 5:03:03 AM EDT
Winter camping and ice fishing or would this be in the spring / summer?

Pinckney Rec Area in Washtenaw and Livingston Counties comes to mind. Not sure if they have anything other than rustic camping, but there are areas that are pretty secluded, and a number of lakes to fish. I have fished Silver Lake and Joslin Lake, and have been out on Patterson, Round, Watson, and Halfmoon. I know Joslin and Silver Lakes have public access, Fourmile Lake is nearby and has public access I have fished there.

Brighton Rec Area has modern campgrounds and a couple of lakes to fish / swim in.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:40:45 AM EDT
Holly Rec Area is one of my favorites for Metro Detroit. Closer to Flint actually. Right off I-75. Camp sites are pretty seperated but it does get alittle busy on the weekends. We ususally go during the weekdays. Couple differenet lakes and beaches.
Check out http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:36:37 PM EDT
Anyone have anything to add.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:07:50 PM EDT
Seven Lakes State park between Holly and Fenton. If you have a set of oars you can fish my private lake, has a ton of bass. Less than 2 miles from the park.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 1:01:35 AM EDT
Jerry I may be getting in contact with you.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:28:16 PM EDT
Good fishing around chelsey and manchester.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:13:15 AM EDT
Sixgun357, Check out Sleepy Hollow State Park, not only good fishing but you can also hunt.
Craig

areas.wildernet.com/pages/area.cfm?areaID=MISPSO&CU_ID=165
Top Top