Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:44:50 AM EDT
Is anybody going to the Pontiac Siverdome gun & knife show this weekend?

John
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
yea, me and a bunch of my buddies will be there, sad this is the best the state has to offer.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah I'm going, if anything for it's probably going to be the last gun show at the silverdome, cuz folks its going to come down real soon! and the whole area is going to be developed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:32:09 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm going, hopefully i'll find some 5.45x39 and some 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
i'm going, hopefully i'll find some 5.45x39 and some 7.62x39.

i'm sure ammunition store will be there.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:33:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I quit going about two years ago. The only thing I ever bought there was a dog leg A2 mount and two range bag's from a guy in Plymouth. The mount ended up beaing Leapers and the bag have been going strong.

The AR part guys are crazy expensive and downright rude.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Dont waste your time and 7 dollars.

Rich
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:35:44 AM EDT
[#7]
All of the migunshows.com shows are pretty much the same vendors and the same stuff over and over.  It's kind of like a carnival that just travels from town to town.  I have been a few times, and keep telling myself I won't go again.  About half of the time I somehow end up going back and I kick myself all the way home because it really was a waste of $7 and the prices and selection pretty much suck.

Good luck to you if you decide to go.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Go for the ammo and you'll be happy. After all these years of the same old shit gathering dust, it's not like people should expect to be dazzled. If people would go to these shows with the expectation of buying high end gear, you'd see it there. No small fish is going to sit on $15,000 worth of ACOG display scopes so that ghetto rats with Beef Jerky grease on their dick-skinners can finger fuck them for free.

Dave
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#9]
well your in luck then, this year its 8 bucks to get in. sad thing is, do you know of any better shows in the state? +1 on it being like a carnival, thats pretty funny.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Not going this year.

I'll wait for it to come to Burch Run and save a few bucks on admission.

Besides I get the honor of working thes weekend.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I did the Mason Show two weeks ago with a neighbor. We rented a table for $20.00 Bucks, Priced our guns ( personal, not dealers) to sell and sold 7 of the 9 long giuns we had by the second day. Wedecided to bring our holsters and accessories we had collecting dust for the final day and sold out those in a few hours. Funny thing was we were told we had some of the best looking rifles and shotguns at the show and had them priced fairly.

Some of the dealers are good, others are just insane. Out of all the show's I've done in MI I find this one the most appealing, and the only one I will go to.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:04:02 PM EDT
[#12]
We won't have to worry about the Gov't shutting down gun shows in the future.The quality of them will continue to degrade into "beany baby", jerky and jewelery shows to the point where guns and deals will no longer be found. For me personally, going to a gun show is about two notches above a root canal. But them I'm an old fart who remembers when guns shows were just that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:25:48 AM EDT
[#13]
OH!! For the days of Bill Goodman's gun shows!!! Back in the 70's and 80's where I would either sell 10 guns or buy 10. Most guys that used to set up weren't dealers and wanted to Buy,Sell,Trade. Now its the same people same guns. Thought the Midland show is probably the best but some of the the same dealers are showing up there too!!!! Just greedy people like the rest of society.
But sometimes its a good way to spend a cold winter's day, what else can you do for $5-8 bucks ??? Certainly not see a movie or maybe even have a good breakfast. Grab a friend and go especially if he or she has never been to one before.Took my galfriend to Mason in November she really enjoyed the show as she never saw so many guns before. I have an old friend that goes with me sometimes and we make a day of it. Many of the people there love guns and you are in your element. Enjoy!!!Am I going this weekend??? No!!! I'm going Duck Hunting but maybe the next show?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:27:09 AM EDT
[#14]
For those of you in S.E. Michigan check out the Ohio shows they are somewhat better!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:02:35 PM EDT
[#15]
The  Burch Run show was a nice show compared to some of the others I have been to but I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I have heard nothing but negative things about the Silverdome show, so I never bothered to go.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I went last year and found several deals.  The Silverdome show is tons better than the ones I go to in Kentucky.    

KY shows are $6 for Parking and $9 to get in.  Mostly swords and german Lugers.    I am hoping to find a flat top AR upper myself and a sight tool.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:06:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I've bought several guns off the floor from private sellers the past couple of years.  Looking for a FAL or lefty bolt gun on Saturday.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:15:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going.  Anyone know if there's a parking fee?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm gonna skip this one - I'll be headed to the Birch Run show though.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Pretty good show this time. Too bad I left my 2 ar mags that I bought at the Ranger Sales table....DOH!
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Nice Show free parking...

Ranger (Model 1 sales) had deals on uppers.  Not many people walking around with stuff for sale.  Noticed more flea market stuff this time.  Picked up some mags, gun blueing and a knife.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#22]
I thought this was a lousy show.  Not even close to their advertised 1000 tables.  More flea market crap than guns, knives or ammo.  Already looking forward to the Louisville show in February.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Ummm this show SUCKED!

The only thing worth buying was some horseradish!
This was a FLEAmarket and nothing more.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:42:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I pretty much agree with jyogi, although i did score some nice RPK mags and some decent mag pouches. I dont think i'll be visiting many gun shows anymore, its sad really. I didnt find any ammo at all worth buying, internet prices with shipping is cheaper than these people.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:39:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Didn't go this year but in years' past I seriously doubt that they had the amount of advertised tables. I believe a couple of years ago they said that there was 1200-1500 ????tables. Last year it was 1000 but I didn't think so. I do believe that the Birch Run show had more tables.

Why lied to the public ??? It just pisses them off.

I have a pretty diversed interest in firearms from ARs, WW2 rifles, muzzle loaders, nice bird guns and I also look for sporting collectibles at the gun shows. If you are just looking for that one specfic item it is very difficult and frustrating!!!! The Antique Arms Show in Novi is pretty good but you won't find much AR stuff there.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Well I did not think it was all that bad, I picked up a couple things I have been looking for and saved a couple hundred.
SM
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:51:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Same dealers - same stuff. I did buy 500 rounds of ammo. I drove 2 1/2 hours to get there, I should no better by now.

Chinook3
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#28]
It was like a gun show only there wasnt many guns and the prices were real high
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 12:03:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Why do dealers feel the need to jeck up thier prices so high at gun shows. Is it they feel if they could just sell to one or two suckers then they made thier money. A year or two I was at a gun show and there was a guy selling a used 10/22 for $299, he was talking to customer and saying "I dont care what you can get a new one for at walmart I am tring to make a living here." Its this kind of talk that gives these gun shows a bad rap.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:02:37 AM EDT
[#30]
many of you guys make  a good point about the jerky and shit, but as far as mi shows, i thought it was ok. bought some stuff, made a few deals, talked to alot of people and had a pretty good time.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:22:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
many of you guys make  a good point about the jerky and shit, but as far as mi shows, i thought it was ok. bought some stuff, made a few deals, talked to alot of people and had a pretty good time.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you buy and waht kind of deals did you make?  I actually managed to not go as I promised myself, but I am curious what others found and considered to be good deals.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:30:46 AM EDT
[#32]
as someone else said ranger was doing some pretty good deals, bought a 20" ss and pistol kit, found a mint mak 90 under 300, not to bad, picked up some pretty cheap small parts and mag kits. was a little disapointed in the lack of mags and or high prices. a few people selling stuff at ok prices, but there was alot of mall ninja and fle market shit as well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:30:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey ms329,

My buddy and I must have been the booth right across from you, we were the ones with the MaxPedition and Specter Gear stuff. We have had a great time at these shows, we'll be at the Grand Rapids show in a couple of weeks. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here since we aren't advertisers on ARF yet (soon, we're still small!).

I hadn't been to any shows for a number of years, that don't seem all that different now. I still enjoy wandering around and looking at all the stuff, I bought a few things. Funny thing is the guy next to us was selling knives and had another seller come over and yell (literally yell) at him about having his prices too low! We decided that we would have all of our prices 10% lower then on our website, it just makes good business sense to me.  We had people look at some of our stuff and get "sticker shock", I think many have gotten used to the low price crap at these shows. Also, I enjoyed having things that nobody else did there, and having good quality stuff is cool too (adding Tactical Tailor at GR).

Hope to see you all there. -CT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#34]
The goobers were shocked at your prices, because they aint used to seeing real gear prices. I was almost bummed out I wasn't able to go, but it sounds like the same old crap.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Hey ms329,

My buddy and I must have been the booth right across from you, we were the ones with the MaxPedition and Specter Gear stuff. We have had a great time at these shows, we'll be at the Grand Rapids show in a couple of weeks. I'm not going to go into a lot of detail here since we aren't advertisers on ARF yet (soon, we're still small!).

I hadn't been to any shows for a number of years, that don't seem all that different now. I still enjoy wandering around and looking at all the stuff, I bought a few things. Funny thing is the guy next to us was selling knives and had another seller come over and yell (literally yell) at him about having his prices too low! We decided that we would have all of our prices 10% lower then on our website, it just makes good business sense to me.  We had people look at some of our stuff and get "sticker shock", I think many have gotten used to the low price crap at these shows. Also, I enjoyed having things that nobody else did there, and having good quality stuff is cool too (adding Tactical Tailor at GR).

Hope to see you all there.
-CT

Wow, very cool- are you guys going to be at the Birch Run show this month?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 12:22:12 PM EDT
[#36]
IM to you MM37

-CT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top