Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2017 6:41:45 PM EDT
Edit 9/2: Looks like the Washington Examiner reported on the 31st it was getting shut down.  There's a thread in GD about gas running out in NE GA right now as well with other people in other states checking in saying it's getting hard to find as well.  

GD thread.

Washington Examiner article.

The Colonial Pipeline that supplies gasoline, jet and diesel fuel from the Gulf Coast and all the way north to Washington, D.C., will soon be shut down amid flooding and shuttered refinery capacity in the wake of Hurricane Harvey.
View Quote
Probably nothing in the grand scheme and we very well may not feel it in Middle TN at all.  Who knows.  Thought it interesting it's still getting reported though.

Original post:
Fill your cars and cans up now.  It's in the press so everyone is probably going to freak out again. It's already gone up $.25/gal since the news hit in the M'Boro area.

WKRN out of Nashville's article.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Fill your cars and cans up now.  It's in the press so everyone is probably going to freak out again. It's already gone up $.25/gal since the news hit in the M'Boro area.

View Quote

Where does it say "closing"?  All I see is that they plan to be able to pump from west of LA by Sunday (hopefully), but have continued to keep the pipeline operational east of the Houston-area...

"The Georgia-based company remains able to operate its pipeline from Louisiana to states east and northeast of there, though deliveries will be “intermittent,” the company said."
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:17:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where does it say "closing"?  All I see is that they plan to be able to pump from west of LA by Sunday (hopefully), but have continued to keep the pipeline operational east of the Houston-area...

"The Georgia-based company remains able to operate its pipeline from Louisiana to states east and northeast of there, though deliveries will be “intermittent,” the company said."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've modified the article. When I first posted that article the headline stated as much. Either they're trying to get in front of a run on fuel or Colonial's operator changed their language.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They've modified the article. When I first posted that article the headline stated as much. Either they're trying to get in front of a run on fuel or Colonial's operator changed their language.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2017 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Cost me about $4.28 a gal this morning so I won't bitch too much if there's a price increase when I get back to TN.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 4:15:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Cost me about $4.28 a gal this morning so I won't bitch too much if there's a price increase when I get back to TN.
View Quote
Where in hell you buying gas for that price?  Kalifornication land?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:00:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Québéc.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 12:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like the Washington Examiner reported on the 31st it was getting shut down.  There's a thread in GD about gas running out in NE GA right now as well with other people in other states checking in saying it's getting hard to find as well.  

GD thread.

Washington Examiner article.

The Colonial Pipeline that supplies gasoline, jet and diesel fuel from the Gulf Coast and all the way north to Washington, D.C., will soon be shut down amid flooding and shuttered refinery capacity in the wake of Hurricane Harvey.
View Quote
Probably nothing in the grand scheme and we very well may not feel it in Middle TN at all.  Who knows.  Thought it interesting it's still getting reported though.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Québéc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Québéc.
Dammit I wouldn't figure it was that high in Quebeck except at the marina, hell it jumped to about $2.80 for 100% gas in both Sparta and McMinnville.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top