Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 12:14:59 AM EDT
I have contacted ATF and have received both applications can someone walk me through it to verify im doing everything correctly, I will leave getting my fingerprints till I go on leave. I can get a class three option on an FFL cant I? All help appreciated, thanks for your time, Hooahhug.gif
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I am still working on mine.  You need to get your regular 01 FFL first, then deal a while before going for your SOT.  You have a much better chance of getting your SOT approved if you have a regular FFL for a while, and do some selling.  This shows the BATFE you are serious and not just in it to get guns for yourself.

Instead of a Class III SOT, I suggest getting an 07 (Manufacturer) FFL and a Class II (Manufacturer) SOT (SOT = Special Occupation Taxpayer).

With on 07/02, you can MAKE NFA devices, instead of just dealing them.  A Class II SOT also has all the rights as a Class III.

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 5:51:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top