Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2003 12:09:08 PM EDT
Hi y'all

I was at the gun show at Chilhowie Park put on by Mike Holloway and there was a sign that said no one less than 21 years of age admitted to the gun show. I was pissed. I asked the woman selling tickets why the sign was up there and she said "because you had to be 21 to buy a gun". I told her she was wrong and got into a nice little debate about it. I still went to the gun show. Let's let Mikey know that we don't appreciate the fact that he is cutting out the youth of America from shooting sports, which is the future of the right to keep and bear arms. And the fact most of the solders fighting in Iraq to keep us free, so he can have his gun shows, are typically 18 or 19 years old.

Here is the contact info

Mike Holloway

PO Box 18230, Knoxville, TN 37928-2230
      Phone: (865) 281-9764    
      Fax: (865) 687-5678
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
i think the holloway shows are getting really bad not many vendors at all any more i rember when they filled both levels
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The signs have been up the last few times, but there are still plenty of children and teenagers around.  I think it was a legal issue.  You can get in if you're with someone over 21 maybe?  The people at the door didn't really know the exact rules when I asked.  It would be interesting to get their official response though...
Link Posted: 10/12/2003 4:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont go to shows anymore especially his after a run in with one of his vendors and Mr Halloway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top