BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 1:07:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Asado is an Argentinian steakhouse in Orem.  They primarily make steaks or other Argentinian entrees and sandwiches but they have some burgers that are outrageously good.  Highly recommend anyone in the area (or just passing through) give them a try!
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I went to Wasatch High School and frequented that place quite often. Strange family who owns it.
View Quote
When did you graduate?  I wonder if you know my cousins...
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not a burger, but if you guys are ever in South Salt Lake, try the Soup Kitchen on 33rd and Main. Soup Kitchen is a local chain and they all serve different food, so be sure to hit the 33rd location. Try the California chicken sandwich and tell me what you think.

*** They close at like 4 PM and are only open weekdays, so if you don't live or work in SLC, then disregard.
View Quote
There’s also one in Sugarhouse on 1100 E. I love their tomato soup with an sks sandwich. Been going there for 20 years.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Behold, the McQuadruple. I challenge you to steer me in the direction of anything finer, for $3.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/7/2018 3:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Behold, the McQuadruple. I challenge you to steer me in the direction of anything finer, for $3.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/209321/IMG_20180906_132947-663384.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/209321/IMG_20180906_133717-663391.JPG

View Quote
That looks like winning right there...
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/209321/IMG_20180906_132947-663384.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/209321/IMG_20180906_133717-663391.JPG

View Quote
Interesting!  I wonder if they will put bigmac sauce on a burger if you request it?
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 2:00:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I just waited 30-40 minutes in the most packed In-n-Out drive through I've ever seen just to get a mustard fried 3x3 based on suggestions in this thread and I hate to say it, but if you people think that's good eating, y'all are outta your minds.

As I'm eating the burger, my wife points out the fact that I was biting into the wrapping paper. I stopped to look and thought hmmm.... The paper and the onions have the same texture and taste roughly the same.
Link Posted: 9/8/2018 4:38:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just waited 30-40 minutes in the most packed In-n-Out drive through I've ever seen just to get a mustard fried 3x3 based on suggestions in this thread and I hate to say it, but if you people think that's good eating, y'all are outta your minds.

As I'm eating the burger, my wife points out the fact that I was biting into the wrapping paper. I stopped to look and thought hmmm.... The paper and the onions have the same texture and taste roughly the same.
View Quote
I am sorry you were mislead. To me in and out is the lowest acceptable burger. Gotta try lucky 13 and cottonbottom inn. Best chain is crown burger with their mushroom Swiss. Not a fan of Astro burgers pastrami burger. Ice burg has a decent burger but go there for the shakes. Artic circle burgers are not in the realm of acceptable and I do chicken there or shakes only. I need to hit up leatherbys and try their burger. They are always slam packed.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Triple double, protein style. Burger was meh, fries were like salted polystyrene.

Attachment Attached File

@DarkCharisma
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Triple double, protein style. Burger was meh, fries were like salted polystyrene.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/209321/IMG_20181109_144201_jpg-733424.JPG

@DarkCharisma
View Quote
I'll fight all of you
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 11:06:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I'll fight all of you
View Quote
In-N-Out is hot garbage.

Burger Bar in Roy anyone? Now there's a burger however big you want it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

In-N-Out is hot garbage.

View Quote
I’m gonna have to look this place up.

Has anyone eaten at the busy bee on state?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Best Burger in Riverdale was awesome, saddened me to see it closed, Shooting Star is great
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#15]
We're getting a Shake Shack in Sandy.

One more chain to try out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:06:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Since moving from north Texas, I have been sorely disappointed with the eateries in UT.

Lucky 13 was decent, and if it’s the best around, that’s a sad state of affairs.

Cotton Bottom Inn?  Bland AF.

I’ve already considered opening up a burger joint here and straight cleaning up.  UT has a lot of awesome stuff but the food ain’t one of them.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 3:04:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Since moving from north Texas, I have been sorely disappointed with the eateries in UT.

Lucky 13 was decent, and if it’s the best around, that’s a sad state of affairs.

I’ve already considered opening up a burger joint here and straight cleaning up.  UT has a lot of awesome stuff but the food ain’t one of them.
View Quote
Please do. On the Lucky 13 front, how would you improve it? Like, serious, honest ideas, what would you do?

Please don't just say "Add Flavor" or "make it better"
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:50:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
That sucks to hear. I used to love that shithole, haven't been there forever.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Please do. On the Lucky 13 front, how would you improve it? Like, serious, honest ideas, what would you do?

Please don't just say "Add Flavor" or "make it better"
View Quote
I’m not a chef so I wasn’t scrutinizing each bite and considering what spices/flavors it lacked or would improve it.  I do remember that while eating I was thinking “OK, this is better than other UT burgers I’ve had but have had better from Kincaids/Tommy’s/Chubby’s/Fred’s/Cupps/my own charcoal grill”

It’s been some months and I’d have to go back and really analyze the burger to give you a real answer.

Sorry for the non-answer.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 1:15:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Slackers in Torry is way good.
And a 2nd vote for Ray's in Green River.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I am sorry you were mislead. To me in and out is the lowest acceptable burger. Gotta try lucky 13 and cottonbottom inn. Best chain is crown burger with their mushroom Swiss. Not a fan of Astro burgers pastrami burger. Ice burg has a decent burger but go there for the shakes. Artic circle burgers are not in the realm of acceptable and I do chicken there or shakes only. I need to hit up leatherbys and try their burger. They are always slam packed.
View Quote
Crown and Astro are virtually indistinguishable. I don't see how you can love one, and hate the other. I actually prefer Astro, however I rarely get a pastrami there. It's always a Bacon Chee, and they're sublime.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Hires Big H is good, I think the downtown location is the best of the 3.

Barry's in Spanish Fork is always good

TC's in Fairview will always be excellent after Elk Hunting for a few days.
I have always kind of like Paces in Bountiful and Layton pretty basic.    But they turn up the syrup in the Cokes, that makes it worth the stop
I have tried Burger Bar in Roy.  Its never hit me as great but ok.

There used to be place in Cedar City that served a great Green Chili Cheeseburger.  Cant remember the name but its been closed awhile.

The Purple Turtle was ok, I have a friend that thinks it is the best.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 11:38:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Burly Burger at the mouth of Weber canyon has very good burgers and excellent fries.

Agreed - In and Out is garbage.  5 Guys is the best "chain" burger for my pallet.

cheers

tire iron
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 1:57:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Dylans in Kaysville is pretty good, Their Santa Fe burger with fried egg and Jalapenos is my goto there.
Burger Stop in Layton is also really good.

Quoted:

I'm sorry you have literally no taste.

In-n-Out isn't beating out gourmet burgers at the likes of Lucky 13, but to put it on the same level as McDonalds is purposefully ignorant.

Lucky isn't fast food, either.
View Quote
In-n-outs burgers are ok at best and their fries absolutely suck.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 2:05:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

In-N-Out is hot garbage.

View Quote
I love that place.  I always want to try the exotic meats but their regular burgers are so good I can't make myself do it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 8:28:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I had the Ring of Fire at Lucky 13 not long ago.

Pretty decent grub.

Buns left a lot to be desired though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2019 5:40:59 PM EDT
[#28]
I went to Lucky 13's this week. It's a good decision, every time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2019 1:34:39 AM EDT
[#29]
has no one in this thread been to the garage grill in draper?
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:00:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
How fat are you?

Our food is fine lol
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Guys I have to amend my recommendation of Asado in orem.  Took my mom there for mothers day and dear god, wtf did they do?  I know they expanded to a larger space but did they have to americanize their menu while doing so?

Not worth the drive anymore
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 10:50:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
has no one in this thread been to the garage grill in draper?
View Quote
Yeah but I always get the sushi nachos.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#33]
CHOM burger in Provo is good and not expensive.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:28:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How fat are you?

Our food is fine lol
View Quote
Real fat, like 175 lbs fat.  6’, 10ish % bodyfat.  I don’t like to brag but you asked.

Just cause I’m in great shape doesn’t mean I don’t know what good food tastes like.
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 2:37:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Crosscut grill in Price. Try the burger with Burnt ends and slaw. But ask for BBQ sauce, you’ll want it. Also, get the onion rings instead of fries if you like them.
Link Posted: 6/26/2019 11:15:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Bell’s Deli gets my endorsement.

Bell is no longer around btw, it’s owned and operated by a little Asian lady named Kay. She bakes cookies every day and cooks everything herself. The sign out front says “best burger in Utah”. I wouldn’t go that far but it’s pretty good and Kay is a sweet gal.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top