Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2017 3:22:34 AM EDT
I went today, figured I'd take a chance.  Last gun show I went to in CO was a small venue at the county fairgrounds probably a year and a half ago, the first one they had put on.  They didn't even fill the joint, and it was how everyone describes gun shows (haven't been to one since the '90's).

Well, actually the last one I went to was the hot rods, gatz & prepper show at Thanksgiving Point--which I think I just want to block out of my memory.  

Anyway, I overheard a passerby telling someone else in shock how much they thought the show this weekend didn't suck.  Sure, there were overpriced items and junk sellers (and beanie babies), but the show was so large you could safely ignore it and still see plenty of stuff.  There were definitely a few deals to be had, tables with reasonable ammo cost ($200/1k 9MM).  I actually found a rifle I've been trying to find for years.  Would have spent more, but overspent the intended budget on the rifle.    I've been looking for a couple double-rifle soft cases for the range, they had some cheap ones that didn't look bad.  One booth actually had some really decent looking ones from a brand I don't know.  The guy said they were made in the USA, but I have no idea.  I discovered Stealth Gear as well, and ordered a holster as I need one for a carry gun.  Wanted one of their OWB holsters for another gun, and they actually had them at the show, but I kind of balked at $150.  Miwall Corp had a yuuuuge booth full of ammo and they were quite busy.  I have ammo, so I didn't even look because of how busy they were.

One booth did have a $370 LCP next to a $260 LCP.  I giggled.

I have pretty much written off shows, but recently went to Autorama and found out that place is pretty big.  I fully expected to be disappointed, but I was there a lot longer than I thought I would have.  I also may have scratched the itch for gawking at gun stores for a while.

ETA:  One booth was quite entertaining.  A gentleman was selling adapters for Maglite "solvent traps" or whatever.  Not sure he was even calling them that.  He had very cleverly found a Wix fuel filter that was appropriate size & shape.  I walked by a couple times, and he was pulling out the solvent trap internals and telling people how many cleaning patches the internals would withstand (around 7k, don't remember exactly).  I was impressed, but did not make a purchase or even talk to them.

They had some nice knife makers too.  Kind of wanted one of the fixed blades from one vendor (and there were a few), but again spent too much on other stuff and didn't know anything about them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:37:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I was going to go, but said fuck it. Not putting up with the hassle. Glad you found your rifle.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I went some years ago and wasn't really impressed. Might be better now a bit though since it's a buyer's market at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

ETA:  One booth was quite entertaining.  A gentleman was selling adapters for Maglite "solvent traps" or whatever.  Not sure he was even calling them that.  He had very cleverly found a Wix fuel filter that was appropriate size & shape.  I walked by a couple times, and he was pulling out the solvent trap internals and telling people how many cleaning patches the internals would withstand (around 7k, don't remember exactly).  I was impressed, but did not make a purchase or even talk to them.
View Quote

That's interesting. Do you have any idea the booth name or where it was located?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:18:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's interesting. Do you have any idea the booth name or where it was located?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't seen many of the filters that would withstand CENTER-FIRE cartridges.

Rimfire YEP.  But not center fire.

There are plenty of YouTube videos to further ones research.

I quit paying $9 (Mil Discount) to walk thru a crowd and see over inflated prices.

The EE offers GREAT deals as well as GUNBROKER.

For Ammo: KSL and Utah Gun Exchange

Your Mileage May Vary though.

~Will
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:41:50 AM EDT
[#5]
There's a bakery based out of Heber I think, maybe Kamas? It has a German name, I want to say Volkner's? Or maybe Volkenmakers?

Anyway, every damn gun show I've been to in the past 10 years has resulted in a purchase of baked goods from that bakery along with a feeling of regret for time wasted.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:42:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Regarding Solvent Traps

Its a relatively new ATF decision and who knows, maybe Trump appointees will eventually reverse this asinine policy but I wouldn't play with fire by giving business to anyone selling those.

But I own cans so I already have that covered.  I guess for somebody new to suppressors there might be some appeal.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top