Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Hooters Saturday at 6pm., I'll be there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Saturday, 6:00 at Hooters?  I'll be there.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey Jolly, if you happen to remember, would you bring that manual for the Mossberg with you?  But if you forget no worries, it's really not a big deal.  Thanks man.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:44:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll remember.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Hooters, Saturday at 6pm, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Hooters at 6pm, I'm there.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:03:44 PM EDT
[#7]
How about Chuck-E-Cheese, instead?  

I will be there.  :-)  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there.

In the meantime I need to clean out the favorites menu
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'll be there.

That is one of my all time favorites... Viking Kitties rule!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be there.

That is one of my all time favorites... Viking Kitties rule!

I don't know about this you two.....I'm sort of having a hard time with the whole "Right wing, gun toting wackos" liking "Viking Kitties" thing.......
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:28:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Also cleaning out some links

Ok, really, that is just so wrong, I had to share.  

As for Viking Kittens, they are a CLASSIC... right up there with All your Base, Hampster Dance, Crazy Frog and The Badger Song!  
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Not trying to be a wet blanket here, but has anyone checked out the thread in the M16 section (under the AR-15 tab - still need to learn hotlinking) regarding the ATF's view on getting SOT/07 FFL, demo letters, taxes, etc?

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Not trying to be a wet blanket here, but has anyone checked out the thread in the M16 section (under the AR-15 tab - still need to learn hotlinking) regarding the ATF's view on getting SOT/07 FFL, demo letters, taxes, etc?

Well, this thread in the M16 section certainly seems to be a wet blanket. It basically says no new MG's which means we cannot convert our existing ones, except when using existing converstion kits made before the 86 ban that are themselves approaching 5 to 6k in price.

I quote:
"Q: How do I make a semi auto gun into a machine gun?
A: Generally, you don't, unless you want to spend the next 10 years in prison and pay a $100K fine. No new machine guns can be made, as per the 1986 ban. We have to keep trading the ones already out there. But with certain platforms (M16/HK/and others), there are registered conversion devices (that themselves are considered MGs and were also registered with the BATF before the 1986 ban) that you can "put in" a semi-auto weapon to make it into a MG. These conversion devices are in the $5K-$6K range and going up at the same rate as registered-receivers (semi-auto's converted to MGs and registered with the BATF before the 1986 ban) and domestic factory MGs that were legally registered with the BATF before the 1986 ban and foreign made MGs that were registered with the BATF before the 1968 ban."

Basically all the LLC does is get us out of having to have someone sign off on the transfer of the MG. It in no way allows us to make what I consider to be "affordable" MGs. Bummer. As much fun as they are I don't think I want to spend 6k a pop on each MG. If not more.

Way to go Doc!! Now I'm bummed!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:21:36 PM EDT
[#14]
That would appear to be conflicting info (read BUZZKILL) but then what makes DENNYSGUNSso GD special then
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Please understand, I've dumped enough rounds through various subguns & assault rifles (true meaning) to be deeply hooked on full auto.  The rules are convoluted, so I don't pretend to know how it all works.  I'm just cautious about the possibility of inadvertently commiting tax fraud, then losing my medical license (and thus, my career) due to an unconstitutional but binding felony conviction.

Again, my understanding is limited.  Someone please correct me where I'm wrong in this stuff.
It had been my understanding that an LLC was useful in locales where it was impossible to find a CLEO to sign off.  Mind you, many people can qualify for the title CLEO, and coroners have even done the signoffs.  The Boise area shouldn't be that tough to find a willing CLEO, according to reports I've heard from folks going the NFA way here.

I'm hopeful, but cautious.

ETA: Dennysguns appears to be a fairly established dealer/SOT.  With a demo letter, he can make post-sample weapons and/or sell them to .gov or LE customers.  The trick is that the ATF is reportedly now checking up on demo letters for legitimacy as well as allowing only one sample of each model on hand, despite the number of demo letters.  I happen to know that one of the largest law enforcement agencies in the area already purchased a bunch of new M4s and MP5s from a dealer, thus establishing a good relationship with that dealer for future business.  AFAIK, they are not soliciting additional demonstration models at this time.

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:57:44 PM EDT
[#16]

I'm hopeful, but cautious.

Werd
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#17]
No need to be apologetic sleepdr, this is new territory for all of us. Well except AZ and Ar10er.

I don't have a medical license at stake, but nonetheless, a felony conviction of *any* kind is not very high on my list of priorities!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#18]
You know, we do live within the 9th circuit, home of the Stewart decision.  There's nothing illegal about filing a form 1 for a DIAS or LL, citing "personal collection, not for sale or transfer" as the purpose, and including several court decisions saying either that 922(o) or the ATF's decision not to process new MGs are improper interference since this would not be used for interstate commerce.

Remember that 922(o) was that bit added to the FOPA '86 at the last minute, hastily agreed on with a voice vote by the dems.  Questionable at best, dirty politics in my view.  The FOPA was otherwise a good bill, so it'd be lunacy to trash the whole thing.  That pesky section ended hope of any privately owned MGs made after 1986.

My bets are:
Worst case: they deny the form.
Next to worst: they deny but refund the $200. (Betting on this one)
At least someone there's thinking: they sit on it until the 9th hears the case again.  The SC didn't hear it on appeal, but sent it back to the 9th for review.  Too bad, since Alito has stated that section 922(o) oversteps .gov power to influence commerce (if I read correctly).  This could take years.
Best case:

Alternatively, maybe I'll start working nights at Taco Bell and just save up for an NFA toy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll take your word for it Doc as I haven't looked into it very much (ok, not at all).

My alternative path would be to just meet everyone at Hooters, eat, eye-ball the gals, go home and just shoot AZ weapons if and when he lets me. Cause as it sits right now, FA's are a bit rich for my blood.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My alternative path would be to just meet everyone at Hooters, eat, eye-ball the gals, go home and just shoot AZ weapons if and when he lets me. Cause as it sits right now, FA's are a bit rich for my blood.

Not at all an unpleasant idea; mrs sleepdr has a meeting @ 6pm, so I'm free to come along.  Again, all I've done is read up on this stuff.  AZ and ar10er have the actual experience, so I'll defer to them and keep my fingers crossed that something workable presents itself.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Yes and that's why I mentioned that we need to be in buisness and actually selling items to be legit.

As for tonight guys I can't make it after all.  If you guys want to hash out what you can tonight and then we can pick up at tomorrow's shoot for those that are going.  My appologies.

Things that came to mind to discuss:
Can AR10er's LLC name be changed and if so what's the procedure and cost?  
If not then what's the procedure for forming a new one?  
What's the yearly maintenance fees?
Does he have a Local DBA or what ever it might be called in these parts?  
Does the name on the DBA need to be changed as well or do we need a new one?

Can someone take notes and post them up after the meeting as well please.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:41:22 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, this thread in the M16 section certainly seems to be a wet blanket. It basically says no new MG's which means we cannot convert our existing ones, except when using existing converstion kits made before the 86 ban that are themselves approaching 5 to 6k in price.

I quote:
"Q: How do I make a semi auto gun into a machine gun?
A: Generally, you don't, unless you want to spend the next 10 years in prison and pay a $100K fine. No new machine guns can be made, as per the 1986 ban. We have to keep trading the ones already out there. But with certain platforms (M16/HK/and others), there are registered conversion devices (that themselves are considered MGs and were also registered with the BATF before the 1986 ban) that you can "put in" a semi-auto weapon to make it into a MG. These conversion devices are in the $5K-$6K range and going up at the same rate as registered-receivers (semi-auto's converted to MGs and registered with the BATF before the 1986 ban) and domestic factory MGs that were legally registered with the BATF before the 1986 ban and foreign made MGs that were registered with the BATF before the 1968 ban."

Basically all the LLC does is get us out of having to have someone sign off on the transfer of the MG. It in no way allows us to make what I consider to be "affordable" MGs. Bummer. As much fun as they are I don't think I want to spend 6k a pop on each MG. If not more.

Way to go Doc!! Now I'm bummed!!

Guys guys guys, when you are a 07 FFL C2 manufacturer you can make ANY and as many new machine guns as you want.   Trust me on this as I've researced it thoroughly and discussed with a good friend of mine back in AZ that IS an 07 FFL C2 manufacturer.  That other info is for the general layman that wants to build his own machine gun which does not include us.  How do you think Colt and FN can build brand new M16's if the '86 ban stopped ALL new manufacture?  What the demo letters are for is to transfer post sample (that's any machine gun mfg after May of '86) to another ClassIII dealer.  Pre Sample guns (made prior to May of '86) do not need a demo letter period.  I can explain all this later in person but please believe me, I have researched this through.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:49:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Guys guys guys, when you are a 07 FFL C2 manufacturer you can make ANY and as many new machine guns as you want.   Trust me on this as I've researced it thoroughly and discussed with a good friend of mine back in AZ that IS an 07 FFL C2 manufacturer.  That other info is for the general layman that wants to build his own machine gun which does not include us.  How do you think Colt and FN can build brand new M16's if the '86 ban stopped ALL new manufacture?  What the demo letters are for is to transfer post sample (that's any machine gun mfg after May of '86) to another ClassIII dealer.  Pre Sample guns (made prior to May of '86) do not need a demo letter period.  I can explain all this later in person but please believe me, I have researched this through.

+100

This is all correct guys.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:54:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Yes and that's why I mentioned that we need to be in buisness and actually selling items to be legit.

As for tonight guys I can't make it after all.  If you guys want to hash out what you can tonight and then we can pick up at tomorrow's shoot for those that are going.  My appologies.

Things that came to mind to discuss:
Can AR10er's LLC name be changed and if so what's the procedure and cost?  Yes, but I think we should start new, I will explain at the meeting.

If not then what's the procedure for forming a new one? It is not hard, again, explain at the meeting  

What's the yearly maintenance fees? $100
Does he have a Local DBA or what ever it might be called in these parts? see above  

Does the name on the DBA need to be changed as well or do we need a new one? we will just start new

Can someone take notes and post them up after the meeting as well please. I guess I will play secretary, this time.

Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:29:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Guys guys guys, when you are a 07 FFL C2 manufacturer you can make ANY and as many new machine guns as you want.

Now this sounds better!!

As for all those other postings..............I'm completely innocent!! It was all Sleepdrs fault...He started it!!  
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#26]
I just want to SBR my AR15.  I've found some useful info here.www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/53006KTOC.html
I'm still unclear about having an actual business and about renewing an LLC if it's neccessary.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I just want to SBR my AR15.  I've found some useful info here.www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/53006KTOC.html
I'm still unclear about having an actual business and about renewing an LLC if it's neccessary.

If all you want to do is have an LLC to do your transfers with just form a non for profit LLC, (not for business).  Then do your Form 1 to make the SBR and use the LLC information for engraving the receiver and filling out the Form 1 for the ATF.  You will have to sign the form as a officer of the LLC but that's it.  No figerprints, no background check, basically no waiting.  I understand that Boise is pretty good about doing the sign offs, what this does is also protects your family if you want to pass down any NFA items you have without them having to go through the BS of transfering items.  Make anyone you want an officer of the LLC and they have legal rights to possess any of the LLC's assets.  You can pass down your NFA goodies through generations this way.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:11:25 AM EDT
[#28]
We should probably meet soon and finish our discussion. On the table this time would be the up coming gun show (as well as a myriad of other things).

To quote AZ from the #11 shoot topic (which we've taken off topic) "Tables are $50 each, I have their flyer at home. A group table would be a good idea. I'm sure we all have items laying we want to sell off."

AZ also pretty much verified that if the LLC is dissolved we have to give back/destroy/sell everything still in inventory.

So when/where do we want to meet? Thursday 6pm at Hooters? I got tired of music blaring in my ear while I was trying to hear what was being talked about at the far end of table. But if everyone wants to try Hooters again thats fine. Also I'd just as soon not meet on Saturday nights.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Saturday nights are generally bad for me, as well.  

I would prefer someplace a bit more quiet, too.  I got tired of hearing Spiff whining about not hearing the people at the end of the table... :-)  

Round table (or Idaho Pizza company) off Fairview, has a back area that we could meet in, assuming on one else was there.  The Idaho Pizza Company off Overland is the same way.  

Just a few other suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Yea, it was loud and distracting.  ;)

We might be able to use the community room at the Eagle Library.  I'll look into that.  However, it's aweful big and I think we really would be better off somewhere else.  If we're going to get serious about this then we really need to be able to communicate (no distractions by food/beer and hooters).
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:47:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Sharies?  

much less atractive waitresses that are waitresses.
much more quiet, although I did like the YMCA rump-tittie-rump conga line that came through.
Chocolate milkshakes instead of mugs pitchers of beer.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#32]
No love for the Satruday night meetings huh?  Damnit, I wouldnt be able to do Thursday (this week anyway, other Thurs might work)...unless I showed up late.  But whatever the works for the majority.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#33]
From a discussion in GD:

How a Lightning Link works.

How a DIAS works.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
From a discussion in GD:

How a DIAS works.

Looks like someone already has the wheels turning!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 2:48:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
From a discussion in GD:

How a DIAS works.

I looked that up right after our meeting.  Looks simple enough.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Looks like someone already has the wheels turning!  

Normally I don't go to GD very often because it's a zoo, but damn today was boring.

Have to agree with JR, it does look simple, especially the Lightning Link.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#37]
If you guys want to get serious, this could be us in a few years.

FFL/SOT fun
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#38]
We can use the Eagle Public Library community room.  It's huge and does have an overhead projector if we need that kind of thing.  We can reserve the room ($25 deposit that will be returned when we leave).  We have to stay within their normal hours.  Also, it's not suposed to be for business.  But we can consider this club talk for now.

We can also use the Idaho Pizza Company at State and Glenwood.  They have two big rooms that we can reserve.  No charge for this.

I propose we meet either Wednesday or Thursday night(s).  What time works?  6:00 too early?  7:00?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
We can use the Eagle Public Library community room.  It's huge and does have an overhead projector if we need that kind of thing.  We can reserve the room ($25 deposit that will be returned when we leave).  We have to stay within their normal hours.  Also, it's not suposed to be for business.  But we can consider this club talk for now.

We can also use the Idaho Pizza Company at State and Glenwood.  They have two big rooms that we can reserve.  No charge for this.

I propose we meet either Wednesday or Thursday night(s).  What time works?  6:00 too early?  7:00?

Thursday at 7 sounds good to me.

Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:44:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Thursday at 7 works for me also.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Thursday at 7 works for me to. I can't make it Wednesday night, I have school.

I would also vote for the Idaho Pizza Company at State and Glenwood as a meeting place........it's my favorite pizza!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 10:44:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Isnt it passed your bedtime Spiff?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

FFL/SOT fun

A little manipulation going on I see.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Thursday at 7 will work for me as well.  Mmmmmmm, pizza...
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Isnt it passed your bedtime Spiff?

Not anymore JR, it's the next day!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FFL/SOT fun

A little manipulation going on I see.

So it would seem!! But now thats it's been brought up, I suggest that we make something like that for our first offering......to be tested in the desert of course.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 11:10:29 AM EDT
[#47]
FYI, one of my friends back in Phoenix is getting a Minigun very soon.  He's going to be a sales rep for a certain company that I cannot mention at this time.  He said he'll be traveling with it and would love to bring it to Boise and let us play with it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't fool with us like that that AZ.  Saying this is much worse than telling JR that you're moving back to Arizona.  A minigun??  Are you serious??  I just might have to cheat on your uzi.  

Oh, and I'm in!!  I might have to hit about 5 Wallmarts to get the ammo this timeYou sir, are my hero!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Don't fool with us like that that AZ.  Saying this is much worse than telling JR that you're moving back to Arizona.  A minigun??  Are you serious??  I just might have to cheat on your uzi.  

Oh, and I'm in!!  I might have to hit about 5 Wallmarts to get the ammo this time

You sir, are my hero!

Walmart won't do it, you'll have to buy some surplus belted ammo my friend.  And I don't fool around when it comes to playing with fullauto's...  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#50]
So where are we meeting? Eagle Public Library or Idaho Pizza on Glenwood?
Page / 3
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top