Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2017 12:00:54 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 1:58:04 AM EDT
[#1]
First I heard of it, and I live a mile away. I'll go by there tomorrow.

I liked the shop, but some of their latest hires were not knowledgeable, and they became pretty disorganized.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
like I said it's something that I heard but there seem to be a lot of buzz around town about them being forced to close by the ATF.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#3]
They are open for business.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:46:54 AM EDT
[#4]
glad to hear that!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up a can from them in January. 
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Went in yesterday, all firearms and suppressors were locked up in the back, not for sale.

Oak Grove kept a computer inventory, not a bound book.... They got hit with ransomware, and decided not to pay. I was told they are rebuilding their inventory list one serial # at a time, and the ATF told them not to sell until they are done. They self reported the incident to the ATF, ATF never even came by.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Any more word on this. They are still closed. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any more word on this. They are still closed. 
View Quote
Just stopped by today and talked to Nick.  They are open during the week but no guns or suppressors are out or for sale.  He said they should be back up and running any day now.

I'm waiting to buy my suppressor from them, so I went to ask about a few.

Good place that I've bought a bunch of stuff from.  Always treat me well and don't act like they're too good for me like another store in town...hoping this hasn't hurt them too bad.

SM closed, Baron's Den closing...really hope they come back strong!
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 1:34:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Two months go by, no guns or suppressors for sale. Always "any day now" ... I'm starting to think I was fed a line of bullshit.

I'm going in tomorrow for parts, I'll ask again.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Two months go by, no guns or suppressors for sale. Always "any day now" ... I'm starting to think I was fed a line of bullshit.

I'm going in tomorrow for parts, I'll ask again.
View Quote
I just want to know for real because I was waiting to buy my suppressor through them.  I'll buy offline if it's going to be awhile.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Just visited them. They are still shut down. In the words of the clerk, "the ATF are dragging their feet."
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like a load of shit at this point. 
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#13]
We are going on 2 1/2 months now, how are they going to survive this?

Looks like I will be making Mazama's my go to gunshop now. Too bad, I liked Oak Grove.... It was nice having a decent shop in my neighborhood.... I never could bring myself to like SM
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:33:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
We are going on 2 1/2 months now, how are they going to survive this?

Looks like I will be making Mazama's my go to gunshop now. Too bad, I liked Oak Grove.... It was nice having a decent shop in my neighborhood.... I never could bring myself to like SM
View Quote
I've been wondering the same thing.

I agree, Oak Grove was the best in town.  Had the best prices and actually treated you like a person.  SM were a bunch of jerks...hate to say it, but they treated me like a second rate citizen.  

The only two experiences with Mazama they treated me like they couldn't care less about me.  Once was when I wanted to make my first handgun purchase...didn't buy from them because of how they treated me.  Gave them a chance for my second purchase...same thing.

I'm hesitant to go to them again, but I might have to for my suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:39:33 AM EDT
[#15]
I hear commercials for Gun Runner on the radio but I never see it mentioned, is it lame or what?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I hear commercials for Gun Runner on the radio but I never see it mentioned, is it lame or what?
View Quote
Never been there...I think it's on 99 just before Junction City.  I think my brother in law went there once and said it was good.  I'll check with him again tomorrow.  He lives out there.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:45:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Can I recommend Gun Pro Shooting Supplies in Springfield?  I have been using both Oak Grove and Gun Pro for years.  I prefer Gun Pro.  Neil, the owner is super nice and always has reasonable prices.  He'll typically work with me on stuff if necessary.  I always thought Oak Grove was disorganized.  Also, I didn't like seeing peoples NFA items handed out to customers to look at.  Those are paid-for items that should not be touched unless by the owner or the shop staff. My two bits....
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the owner of Gun Runner, he is active politically, and has a new shop that will grow, hopefully. I stop in now and then, but have not bought a gun from him.

Having said that, their gun inventory is sad and small, and their reloading supplies are overpriced.

I go to Gun Pro regularly, it is a nice little shop. It is my go to place for .22. The owner is nice, and helpful. His prices are pretty good, but his inventory is quite small, and is usually more on the budget end.

I want Oak Grove back, they had some cool shit come through their shop, it kept it interesting.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:36:55 AM EDT
[#19]
I need to check out Gun Pro.  Good suggestion!  I also want to see Oak Grove back.  I need a Sig soon and they had great prices.  I also was never treated like second class there, which I appreciated.  I agree though...shouldn't be passing out other people's items for viewing.

Maybe I'll do my suppressor through Gun Pro...
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:39:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Is Gun Pro class III? I didn't think so, but maybe they are now. The little gunshop in Creswell has a pretty good selection for their size, and is class III. They are a PWS dealer, so I go in there now and then to finger the rifles. The owner seems pretty knowledgeable about black rifles.

Mazamas has a Silencershop automated kiosk.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:25:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is Gun Pro class III? I didn't think so, but maybe they are now. The little gunshop in Creswell has a pretty good selection for their size, and is class III. They are a PWS dealer, so I go in there now and then to finger the rifles. The owner seems pretty knowledgeable about black rifles.

Mazamas has a Silencershop automated kiosk.
View Quote
Ah, I didn't think about that...I want to use Mazama, but again, my two experiences there were pretty bad and I don't know if I want to go back and try again or not...
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:35:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Have you been there in the last year? They hired several newer guys that have been ok whenever I have been in.

In the past, I got the feeling like they could have cared less if I bought anything.... lately they have been much better.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Have you been there in the last year? They hired several newer guys that have been ok whenever I have been in.

In the past, I got the feeling like they could have cared less if I bought anything.... lately they have been much better.
View Quote
That's good to hear.  I haven't been in for a couple years now, so I should probably go in.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 3:00:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone checked with Oak Grice lately??? Anything new?
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 2:43:43 PM EDT
[#25]
What I heard recently is that there was discrepancies between their records and their actual inventory.  It's too bad, I liked their store and purchased several things there and did a couple of consignment sales as well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 5:17:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Talked to them today and they are still not fully up and running.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Anything new from these guys? 
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#28]
The more I read about the whole gun store business, the more I can't see it as a good choice for a business.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:02:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anything new from these guys? 
View Quote
Was just wondering the same thing...I haven't heard anything new, but haven't called in a bit.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#30]
So... they have a printed list of firearms with prices, that you are welcome to buy, but cannot see or touch. You can go to their FFL buddy, who they will transfer it to, who will then sell it to you... or they transfer it to you thru their FFL buddy.... I forget which but who cares.... and you can view the firearm then.

Cases and racks are empty, save for a few handguards and optics.

I tried to get another local gunshop owner to spill the beans on these guys, but he wouldn't bite.

On another note, Baker's Boots will no longer be selling guns. Meh.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I wonder what they are doing with all the stamps people are waiting for. 
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So... they have a printed list of firearms with prices, that you are welcome to buy, but cannot see or touch. You can go to their FFL buddy, who they will transfer it to, who will then sell it to you... or they transfer it to you thru their FFL buddy.... I forget which but who cares.... and you can view the firearm then.

Cases and racks are empty, save for a few handguards and optics.

I tried to get another local gunshop owner to spill the beans on these guys, but he wouldn't bite.

On another note, Baker's Boots will no longer be selling guns. Meh.
View Quote
Dang...so with SM, Oak Grove, & Baron's Den closing, out options for Eugene shops are Mazama???   Sheesh...guess my hand gun purchases will move to Bi-Mart.  Suppressor will have to be through Mazama and the SS kiosk.

This is a bummer...
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#33]
See the pattern? What's left, Cabelas, till corporate decides its unfashionable to sell guns. Next step, close all ranges....I got a roll of Reynolds Wrap.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Buddy just picked up his can from oak grove. They had to go to another dealer as they can't do transfers due to a " paper work " problem. 
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Dang...so with SM, Oak Grove, & Baron's Den closing, out options for Eugene shops are Mazama???   Sheesh...guess my hand gun purchases will move to Bi-Mart.  Suppressor will have to be through Mazama and the SS kiosk.

This is a bummer...
View Quote
Gun Pro Shooting Supplies.  I love those guys
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is a bummer...
I just did two lower transfers there. Neal is a good guy. 
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 3:13:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
What are there transfer fees?  Looking to pick up a handgun off GunBroker...
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:58:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
25 each. Includes background check. 
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah he's a class act.  They're always friendly to me when I go in there.  Ammo and gun prices are always super fair, and he can order pretty much anything you want.  Plus it's cool that he was an Olympic pistol shooter, so he actually knows what he's talking about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top