Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey TF, will you hate me if I show up shooting a semi auto Sten gun??

That woudl be cool

I think we need to convince gunkata to bring a sling shot and a spear, what do you guys think?

Do they make those out of carbon fibre?

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:57:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Like this:
stenguns.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/BSA3horizontalRS.jpg

While it's not a BattleRifle at least it's period correct so it meets the Band of Brothers WWII seal of approval. But if they have a mover at 150+ yards you might be sorry about the non-rifle choice.

I remember reading a story by Jeff Cooper about a team of British special forces that parachuted into Austria with only Stens. The partially forested area they landed in was not important enough for German troops to guard, so they had old Austrian WWI veterans conscripted for the duty. They mostly had old bolt action hunting rifles not much different from what they used in 1914-18. After a couple of hours of battle in the forest and forest edge the old grey haired Austrians emerged without a casualty. The British were all dead. The best commando training in the world did them no good. A subgun is no match against a battlerifle once you get beyond pistol range.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 3:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like this:
stenguns.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/BSA3horizontalRS.jpg

While it's not a BattleRifle at least it's period correct so it meets the Band of Brothers WWII seal of approval. But if they have a mover at 150+ yards you might be sorry about the non-rifle choice.

I remember reading a story by Jeff Cooper about a team of British special forces that parachuted into Austria with only Stens. The partially forested area they landed in was not important enough for German troops to guard, so they had old Austrian WWI veterans conscripted for the duty. They mostly had old bolt action hunting rifles not much different from what they used in 1914-18. After a couple of hours of battle in the forest and forest edge the old grey haired Austrians emerged without a casualty. The British were all dead. The best commando training in the world did them no good. A subgun is no match against a battlerifle once you get beyond pistol range.

Word.

I will likley shoot it just for kicks more then anything. Pretty sure I will be the only one there with one. Maybe an enfield.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Randy should allow anyone who has a boltaction battlerifle to also use a period correct subgun at their discretion, as long as they carry both on them for all four stages. I think it can be safety done.

I also think handguns should be limited to designs available before 1945 or it bumps you out of the Classic class. No plastic.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top