Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2006 9:14:47 PM EDT
suppressor (and NFA and Class3 and women and..) ignorance.

WS4LIF's group buy on the 9mm/.45 cans has really perked my interest.  I'd like to do some DD though about legalitys and mechanics of "cans" in general.  I've been searching here on this site but I'm not finding everything I need.  You know some noob questions like "methods of mounting the can to barrels" or "which forms do you fill out for these" and very basic things like that for us virgins.

Could some of you all donate some urls/site for me to read up on and maybe learn a thing or two?  I'd appreciate the help.

Mac

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:18:00 PM EDT
[#1]
heres a start

link
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:23:35 PM EDT
[#2]
It's easy and I can help with what you need.

The cans are threaded just like your AR15 is thread.  Most of the time it's the same threads, 1/28.  If it's not, there are plenty of adaptors out there.

You will fill out a form 4 along with a conplicance of self form (signiture form basicly).  You will call up your local sherief department and tell them you need a form 4 signed.  You meet with them, they sign the form 4 and you get two sets of fingerprint cards.  You then get two passport photo's taken and you put it in an envelope to the nfa/atf with a $200 check....then wait till the dealer calls you.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:17:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It's easy and I can help with what you need.

The cans are threaded just like your AR15 is thread.  Most of the time it's the same threads, 1/28.  If it's not, there are plenty of adaptors out there.

You will fill out a form 4 along with a conplicance of self form (signiture form basicly).  You will call up your local sherief department and tell them you need a form 4 signed.  You meet with them, they sign the form 4 and you get two sets of fingerprint cards.  You then get two passport photo's taken and you put it in an envelope to the nfa/atf with a $200 check....then wait till the dealer calls you.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like the paper work part is straight forward.  How's Sheriff Gordon on signing form 4s?

What about adaptors or threading pistol barrels for these.  My plan was to use it on a G21 or a P220.  What type of threading or modifications would I require be able to use it then?
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like the paper work part is straight forward.  How's Sheriff Gordon on signing form 4s?

Lt. Black signs for Sheriff Gordon. Last time I went (Wednesday) I was in and out in 20 minutes. That included getting some more fingerprints done.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I had 5 sets of finger print cards done....told them I wanted the bulk pack
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Lt. Black is a good guy.  At first I had suspicions but I saw him on the 1st for the second time.  He's much more relaxed than when I first met him while Lt. Fischer was indoctrinating him to the position.  He's an ol' pro now.... even if he said there's some exotic loud stuff being shot at TCGC, like the .44-70  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top