Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 2:18:55 PM EDT
When I was at the range yesterday I got to see an old Remington pump action .22 that belongs to an old guy I know that has had it since he was a kid. He made the mistake of letting one of the guys that works in the rockpit and fancies himself a gunsmith do a rebluing job on it. Yuck was all I could say. But it does not stop there. He returned the rifle minus the front sight, “sorry…I lost it,” he said, and it’s now a non-feeder as well.

I tried but I could not get the magazine feed tube to close properly. It did not make any sense to me or was not working right. It was probably put together incorrectly too. Holding it closed did no good either as the cartridges were jamming further back just in front of the receiver. It was a real mess.

I tried looking online for an assembly or user manual to try to help out to no avail.

Does anybody have one or know how they are supposed to go together?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear that, that sucks big time. Sorry I can't help you out here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried finding it on the remington website, but they used to offer instruction manuals.  I used it to get one for my SportMaster 241 (made in the late 30's).  I can't seem to find it on their site...

They do have a list of gunsmiths who work on the old stuff and sell parts:  

www.remington.com/support/repair_services/specialty_parts_dealers.asp

You can try their online help...

ETA:  FOUND IT!  LINK TO MANUAL REQUEST PAGE
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if a manual request will cut it, but worth a shot. Pardon the pun. When I get home tonight, I'll try to locate me GPC catalog to see if it has a diagram.

Also, I do know of a place that I can get guns hot tanked for a decent price. They must be taken apart.

Also, sorry to hear about the hack job. TF do you have the owner's contact info?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll second Nox's advice on GPC... your best bet, IMO.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]

The owner is Glocklady's poppy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Protect the future of a quality arm, name the dickhead that fucked up the 121... so others will know not to trust him.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Protect the future of a quality arm, name the dickhead that fucked up the 121... so others will know not to trust him.

+1
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 10:05:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Well no schematic in the GPC book or on-line. However they do have this.

www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=0860z121
www.e-gunparts.com/product.asp?chrProductSKU=82550D

They do have the front sight in stock.

I'm still searching for a schematic. Also, let me know if you want to try to get the blueing a bit better. I've done a few cold jobs that look pretty good. Please let me know, I'd like to make this right.

It truely pisses me off when I see this kind of shit going on!

Nox
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Nox and TangoFoxTrot

I would like to make this right for my dad before he gets back, which will be at Easter. This old rifle has alot of history for my dad, it was the first rifle he saved for and bought when he was a teenager. The guy who told him he could fix it up for him is marrying into the family in the spring, needless to say he won't be touching anyone else's guns

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks Nox and TangoFoxTrot

I would like to make this right for my dad before he gets back, which will be at Easter. This old rifle has alot of history for my dad, it was the first rifle he saved for and bought when he was a teenager. The guy who told him he could fix it up for him is marrying into the family in the spring, needless to say he won't be touching anyone else's guns

Very sad story and I wish I could help.  But given the fact the dickhead that fvked the rifle is almost family, it is his responsibility to fix the problem he caused.  His ass should be on the internet finding the front sight and his wallet should be open to a qualified smith who can fix the feeding  problem... IMO, YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Any chance there is a gunsmith here with an assembly diagram?  
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 12:09:51 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm still searching TF.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:27:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:23:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, this is supposed to be the same as a 121 but has a slightly different barrel on it. The model #12 is the earlier version of the 121.

Remington Model #12 Schematic

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#15]
thank you guys
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Bring it to Speed Steel on Sunday.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bring it to Speed Steel on Sunday.

ok I will, thanks Nox
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top