Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 2:03:59 AM EDT
Hey anyone have this and any info would be great on how well it works. I'm thinking of getting one because it's cheap. (AR to 22LR conversion drop in kit).
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a M261 (army) conversion.  Just take out the bolt, replace with the M261 bolt, put the mag insert into a regular 20 rnd mag, load with .22, slap in, charge, set to fire and squeeze trigger.

before putting away, I replace the .223 bolt and blast a mag through to clean out the .22 gunk.

did that help?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I just want one.. LOL  
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Ciener kit. Swap the bolt, load the 30 round mag, shoot. Then swap back and shoot a few 5.56 rounds. Pretty much just like munkalido's post. The kit and a red dot are great for chasing a tin can around. Add a colapsible stock, and the kids have a comfortable firearm to shoot. Mine make me take mine out a couple of times a month. (Like they really have to twist my arm to take them shootin'.)
Keep in mind that the forward assist won't work with the kit. My son had the bolt not close all the way and was pushing on the assist like mad. I had to tear it appart and show him WHY it wouldn't work, before he believed me that it had no effect. Oh well, at least he has a good grasp of mechanics, even if he has to see proof.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to have one and liked it for the most part. Definitely not 100% reliable, but works well enough with the right ammo. I regretted selling it and looked for another--ended up with a custom built .22lr upper that has a DPMS barrel and bolt. Works better than the factory DPMS upper I had.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Well from what i see the Ceiner kit looks like the best option for Hi Cap mag. and the DPMS version just looks like same kit with different mag. Not sure but I do like the DPMS kit because their mags don't look like 10/22 mags sticking out the bottom. but only 10 rounders
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Not sure of the length of the ceiner style mags but you could possibly use a 30rd 5.56 mag carcas with some modding.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top