Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 8:40:34 PM EDT
Last Friday I went up Lolo pass road to get a Christmas tree.  We found some good nobles about 100' up a bank.  It was really steep and I had to cut a path in 3-4 feet of snow with my hands(left the wee shovel at home) and move a bunch of snow before I could climb further.  After clearing a nearly 100' snow path, which took 2 hours, I settled on the closest tree to me.  My tree looked better from the road but I was tired and all wet so it had to do.  I cut it and noticed that it was bigger than I thought and had some bare spots.  I hucked the tree downhill and trimmed it to fit in the truck.  Here are some pictures of the tree.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow!  That's awesome.  Why'd you go clear up Lolo pass?  Or is there a pass here in Oregon called Lolo Pass and I've just not heard of it?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
don't you mean "Holiday Tree"?  someone might get offended
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Wow!  That's awesome.  Why'd you go clear up Lolo pass?  Or is there a pass here in Oregon called Lolo Pass and I've just not heard of it?

I grew up about 1 mile off that road. SPent many summers in those hills! This time of year it is very nice up there...as you can see!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Patty,
Lolo pass curves around the West and North side of Mt. Hood. Goes from 26 to 35 by Dee and Parkdale.
there's a spot to go shooting on the South end of it when it just enters the national forest. Not my favorite spot to shoot for safety reasons.

Nox
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I only went up mayble 4 or 5 miles up lolo pass road.  For refrence my brother is 6'5" and that's him holding the tree.  Here is a map for patty maps.yahoo.com/maps.py?&addr=&csz=Zigzag,OR.  

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]
You call that tree hunting?  Here is a video of our tree hunt last year...  Large file so it takes a while to load.....

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You call that tree hunting?  Here is a video of our tree hunt last year...  Large file so it takes a while to load.....

www.z3bigdaddy.com/Quickstart/ImageLib/xmasshootavatar.jpg

I brought the 870 incase I needed to quickly "harvest" a tree.  If I had some slugs and a scope I could have sniped the tree from the road .
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:21:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That looks like a hotel room, what is the story behind that pic?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:05:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Patty,
Lolo pass curves around the West and North side of Mt. Hood. Goes from 26 to 35 by Dee and Parkdale.
there's a spot to go shooting on the South end of it when it just enters the national forest. Not my favorite spot to shoot for safety reasons.

Nox

Thank you!  I had no idea.  I was thinking pass between Washington and Montana.  Beautiful area.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:56:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

musicman.net/treefire.jpg

That looks like a hotel room, what is the story behind that pic?

It's a burn room. You seee these things about smoking in bed, how fast a Xm-as tree can go up, etc. Usually hits the local scare news around middle of December.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks good, I love going in the woods and choppin' one down.  
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Cape_Hunter,  since you lived up Lolo pass did you go to Sandy High School?!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Thank you!  I had no idea.  I was thinking pass between Washington and Montana.  Beautiful area.  

That's not a pass, that's Idaho.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is the Christmas tree at our house.  It's a little frosted from being outside for 9 days.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:48:57 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

www.z3bigdaddy.com/Quickstart/ImageLib/xmasshootavatar.jpg

z3bigdaddy that was awesome! Now that's the way Christmas Trees should be cut down!!

Great looking family too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top