Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Wyatt and I will be there; he is going to compete.  Looking forward to seeing you guys.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Wait....don't I get that for March?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now you gotta win again. The previous winner absconded with it and left the state.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Now you gotta win again. The previous winner absconded with it and left the state.
View Quote

Well son of a biscuit....
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 10:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

You get it for the day and then fate will decide if it goes home with you. Fate or malfunctions.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:30:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wyatt and I will be there; he is going to compete.  Looking forward to seeing you guys.
View Quote

Glad y’all can make it and we’ll have a backup mini bike to fix targets
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 12:52:44 PM EDT
[#8]
My truck is still in the shop. It was supposed to be done yesterday, now it looks like Saturday.  Anyhow.... I may be very late.  I’ll be there in time for some brass rainbows, camping and drinking.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#9]
What time is everyone planning on getting there?  Figured I'd come early to help setup or whatever is needed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Yatzee Squirrel:
What time is everyone planning on getting there?  Figured I'd come early to help setup or whatever is needed.
View Quote

I plan to get there around 12-1pm. Others may arrive earlier. Even once people start showing up we will still allow a little time to check zeros or zero weapons, hitting what you’re aiming at is nice.

Redwolf went for some range work last weekend, fixed a bunch of stuff and left a canopy for us to cool off under, so be sure to thank him.

Jlarge donated 500rnds of CCI 22lr for the winner.

To answer a previous question of yours RE round count: planning on 10 rifle and 10 pistol for each stage. Hopefully we can do 5+ stages for everyone so at least 100rnds if you don’t miss. That’s why I’m doing 22lr.

Coords if you don’t already have the location. There should be a small sign out front. It’s between the bridge and power line easement, check the satellite image if you’re unsure.

(33.4655273, -83.4677948)

Let me know if anyone has any last min questions.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll be there around 11-12 to confirm zero and setup canopies and tables.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I plan to get there around 12-1pm. Others may arrive earlier. Even once people start showing up we will still allow a little time to check zeros or zero weapons, hitting what you’re aiming at is nice.

Redwolf went for some range work last weekend, fixed a bunch of stuff and left a canopy for us to cool off under, so be sure to thank him.

Jlarge donated 500rnds of CCI 22lr for the winner.

To answer a previous question of yours RE round count: planning on 10 rifle and 10 pistol for each stage. Hopefully we can do 5+ stages for everyone so at least 100rnds if you don’t miss. That’s why I’m doing 22lr.

Coords if you don’t already have the location. There should be a small sign out front. It’s between the bridge and power line easement, check the satellite image if you’re unsure.

(33.4655273, -83.4677948)

Let me know if anyone has any last min questions.
View Quote

Awesome thanks for the update.  I'll probably plan on around 12 or so then and it sounds like I have plenty of ammo packed then.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 11:50:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:12:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
hitting what you're aiming at is nice.
View Quote
Listen, the joke was funny the first 100 times! I know I can't aim with a rifle
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:34:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:28:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Just left, I’ll be there about 1230ish
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#18]
y'all have fun storming the castle.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Great seeing everyone who came out.... Thanks for putting it together.  Sorry for skating so early, had to get back to reality.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Was good seeing y'all again. Sorry I left early...family duties.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:58:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Attachment Attached File

These got left at the range. If they're yours, you should go claim them.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That was great fun. We gotta get back to doing this once a month again. I made top 5 this go round so that was nice.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157261/PXL_20210606_122028004-1969342.jpg
View Quote

Congrats again to Nick....aka the 2nd place kid!  
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 3:11:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Reality is merely an illusion.

Good to see you again crayon eater.
View Quote

Ditto....did you get what I left on your rearview?
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_1619_JPEG-1969374.JPG

These got left at the range. If they're yours, you should go claim them.
View Quote

Those would be mine. Guess I'll be making a trip back to the range soon.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#27]
How did it go down at the after-party with the Malort? Haha
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

It turned out that it tasted bad.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:19:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It turned out that it tasted bad.
View Quote

It’s got an after taste that just stays way too fucking long.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 7:09:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

It’s got an after taste that just stays way too fucking long.
View Quote

That's how you know it's working!
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who brought that?? We drank that weekly back home in Chicago. I have 5 bottles at my place, and give it to everyone at work.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:45:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Who brought that?? We drank that weekly back home in Chicago. I have 5 bottles at my place, and give it to everyone at work.
View Quote

Why do you hate your co-workers so much?
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We love it back home. And love watching southerners drink it

Malort was always the shot that bartenders would give you for free and take with you to be nice and get an extra tip.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I tasted that shit all the way home...2 hours later!
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:40:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like y’all had a blast! Provided I’m not up to my elbows with work, I should be able to make the next one.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's how you know it's working!
View Quote

I’m torn on wanting to drink it again at Cola
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:36:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#39]
@southerncross - what was the electronic earpro we were talking about AND do you have a link / name for that IR Bazooka you were using?
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Had a great time and was really impressed by how well everyone ran those stages. It was really nice seeing a few of you again and meeting others from the HTF community!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 8:36:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Had a great time and was really impressed by how well everyone ran those stages. It was really nice seeing a few of you again and meeting others from the HTF community!
View Quote

It's great to show how much practicing in a dynamic environment can help. I'm still pretty far from the trophy, but while I thought I was decent at shooting at my first one of these, I placed deeply into last place. I've slowly seen myself rise to average. This series has really helped me identify weaknesses and work on them. I still have a long road of improvement ahead, but I get a little bit better each time. Keep practicing, keep coming to these, and you'll surprise yourself.

Also I just want to thank Emu for providing such a great place for the Georgia HTF. I can't say enough about how wonderful it's been to be able to use it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Htf events are fun.  Get off the couch and go to them.   You’ll learn something, other than you’re about to be poor.  

The NV play time was much fun!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:23:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You’ll learn something, other than you’re about to be poor.  
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I had a great time as usual, these events only keep getting better. Thanks for being 2 sec slower than me for my last 2gun IHTFP, now I can retire while I’m up.

Big thank you to Emu for allowing us to run around shooting all day and into the night and just being an overall great host. We really appreciate it.

Thank you to Redwolf for getting these started a few years ago and doing the hard behind the scenes work.

Thank you to GAHUNTER for his range improvements, specifically the concrete tables and new seats.

These events are free to attend as well as range use, donations are greatly appreciated though and can be placed in the box by the electric fence/gate. These donations are for maintenance and continued improvements.

A little photo dump, unfortunately I didn’t take any pictures during the day or the actual 2 gun event...

Improvements to shooting benches

Attachment Attached File

Enlarged hardwood seats
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#47]
I brought it just for you @Proto3 ...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#48]
It always does my heart good to see the range being utilized and enjoyed! I'm all for any sort of event that anyone wants to put together out here. I hate that I haven't been able to show up for at least the campfire on the last few events that have taken place out here. My medical affliction just refuses to turn loose of me, so it can be pretty difficult for me to head out there, especially if I've had to do anything else that day.

Fingers crossed that this won't last forever!!!

In the meantime, I hope y'all will continue to plan things for out here. Speaking of which, I'd say someone ought to start coming up with a date for the next RedWolf Challenge. I'm thinking that we should put the responsibility of planning the next shoot on the shoulders of the current trophy holder. That'll keep folks from trying so hard to win! Unfortunately the current winner is moving out of state, (and I don't recall seeing a vote on the forum asking our permission to leave! ) so maybe the "honor" of planning the next one ought to fall upon the #2 winner this time..... Just a thought.  

These are a LOT of fun, and a GREAT way to network within the GA HTF. You can really get to know folks. Especially after a few libations around the campfire!
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It always does my heart good to see the range being utilized and enjoyed! I'm all for any sort of event that anyone wants to put together out here. I hate that I haven't been able to show up for at least the campfire on the last few events that have taken place out here. My medical affliction just refuses to turn loose of me, so it can be pretty difficult for me to head out there, especially if I've had to do anything else that day.

Fingers crossed that this won't last forever!!!

In the meantime, I hope y'all will continue to plan things for out here. Speaking of which, I'd say someone ought to start coming up with a date for the next RedWolf Challenge. I'm thinking that we should put the responsibility of planning the next shoot on the shoulders of the current trophy holder. That'll keep folks from trying so hard to win! Unfortunately the current winner is moving out of state, (and I don't recall seeing a vote on the forum asking our permission to leave! ) so maybe the "honor" of planning the next one ought to fall upon the #2 winner this time..... Just a thought.  

These are a LOT of fun, and a GREAT way to network within the GA HTF. You can really get to know folks. Especially after a few libations around the campfire!
View Quote

@IHTFP08 You're being called out!

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:02:33 PM EDT
[#50]

Good job
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top