Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 12:14:49 PM EDT
Does anyone know where it is possible to shoot out to around 1000 yards/meters in GA?  I have been at Ft. Benning for a year and haven't been able to find any long range opportunities in the area.   My .260 needs to steck its legs!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Not near you nor 1000 yds, but they have 800 yds.

http://www.gunsitehills.com/
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Been 5 years since I was at Benning, but I know here at Stewart they'll open up one of the red clouds and you can fire out to like 800 I think (obviously registering POWs).

Strong point shooting complex has 400 and they're maybe 30mins from Columbus.

I've been out of the area for a while though
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
This place in http://teamnsa.com/ranges/ in Cusseta has a 1,000 yds range, but I don't know if it's open to the public.
They do have a PRS  match there in November. http://precisionrifleblog.com/2016/12/12/2017-prs-match-schedule/
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Arena Training Facility is spectacular, give them a call.  In its previous incarnations it wasn't open to the public, except for matches and events.    Not sure if that still holds true.  

Not Georgia, but not far from it, is Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN.  Amongst the multiple ranges on the facility is a 1,000yd range with steel targets.  ERTC is open to the public.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 12:09:47 AM EDT
[#6]
If you're at Benning look into Core in Baker, FL.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I would look on Snipershide. there are a few new ones in central AL. There are also matches around where you can shoot out that far. Ft Gordon has 900yards and is open to the public.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 12:20:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would look on Snipershide. there are a few new ones in central AL. There are also matches around where you can shoot out that far. Ft Gordon has 900yards and is open to the public.
View Quote
Gordon is only open to the public after a bunch of BS paperwork with Base.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Gordon is only open to the public after a bunch of BS paperwork with Base.
View Quote
This. Not worth the headache.Enter your zip code here
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Cmp range is 600 and looks nice.
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/20/2017 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I went to the cmp range today. What a place. Everyone should take a day to check it out. It's absolutely incredible.

There are some quirks with the big black dot target shooting but overall I was blown away.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 1:22:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Close to Benning, I'd look at CORE. I'm in the Canton/Woodstock area and travel to SC to shoot out to 1300yds. It's not very dynamic and has limited positional setups, but it's at least some decent distance.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I went to the cmp range today. What a place. Everyone should take a day to check it out. It's absolutely incredible.

There are some quirks with the big black dot target shooting but overall I was blown away.
View Quote
cmp is like a country club. very very nice...

however, when i went there it was to shoot an fopen 6mm dasher setup with a march scope. i went to alabama for a wedding and took the rifle and spent a day at the range. the setups are really nice. controlled centrally by a guy with a computer management system. however i am used to aiming at 1 minute of angle target and hopping to get in the ten ring (3 inches) at 600 yards. so i look through the scope and there's this big 3 foot (I think) circle. the only way to deal with this was to set the reticle hash marks on the edges of the circle, left, right , top bottom and use that to try to hit the center. the day was fairly windy so that added to the issues. bottom line its not somewhere i would go more than once for the type of shooting i do.

its designed for service rifle and for that it is very good.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:02:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

cmp is like a country club. very very nice...

however, when i went there it was to shoot an fopen 6mm dasher setup with a march scope. i went to alabama for a wedding and took the rifle and spent a day at the range. the setups are really nice. controlled centrally by a guy with a computer management system. however i am used to aiming at 1 minute of angle target and hopping to get in the ten ring (3 inches) at 600 yards. so i look through the scope and there's this big 3 foot (I think) circle. the only way to deal with this was to set the reticle hash marks on the edges of the circle, left, right , top bottom and use that to try to hit the center. the day was fairly windy so that added to the issues. bottom line its not somewhere i would go more than once for the type of shooting i do.

its designed for service rifle and for that it is very good.
View Quote
I asked and they will hang a different target for a fee if you make a reservation. Not sure of the cost.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Arena Training Facility is now doing open range days, to include their 2,500yd Unknown Distance Range.  

https://www.arenatrainingfacility.com/public-range-events
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Arena Training Facility is now doing open range days, to include their 2,500yd Unknown Distance Range.  

https://www.arenatrainingfacility.com/public-range-events
View Quote
Thanks for the heads up!
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Years ago I had the chance to get the lease on a place with 1200+ yards already cleared on a big power line.  It was a big lease payment and I passed on it.  

If it comes up again, I'd think long and hard about making a HTF club.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I asked and they will hang a different target for a fee if you make a reservation. Not sure of the cost.
View Quote
thats interesting. when i was there i let several of the range guys shoot my rifle and i asked them if they could do something like that. they understood the issue but were not sure how to do it.

the day i was there there was a service rifle match and for some reason, they did have to go down range more than once to verify a shot at 600 yds. I dont know how they were doing it since i didnt pay much attention but i assume that they had something behind the targets (paper?) that they were using. that was the only time the range went cold. since the targets can be raised and lowered from the control booth and the targets register hits via sound (i think thats how it works) there is no reason for going cold and working the pits.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Swainsboro, ga.  Cool acres?
I've not been , but told a friend and he went couple times
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#21]
May be a long shot, but have you considered talking to the guys at the AMU?  They have a 1000 yard range shared with the sniper school.  There's a new 1000 yard range with electronic targets being built near Chattanooga, but it's not open yet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone up for heading to Arena for the 18-19th?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:00:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Anyone up for heading to Arena for the 18-19th?
View Quote
I’m hosting a come-all shoot there on Nov 11-12, on their 2,500yd Range.   We’ll keep the steel maintained, all y’all need to do is come and shoot. Steel targets from 100yds to 2,500yds.  

Sniper’s Paradise Fall 2017 Rendezvous, Nov 11-12, Arena Training Facility
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Swainsboro, ga.  Cool acres?
I've not been , but told a friend and he went couple times
View Quote
This. I live a few miles away from the range. The 50's have an impressive report when firing. Always wanted to go to watch when the big guns are on the line. I don't have enough glass on my rifles to be effective.
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 7:25:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Arena Training Facility has posted some open shoot dates for their 2,500yd range.  Check out their website.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top