Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:29:15 PM EDT
It came into Dixie Ammo Dump the other day.

Legal bring-back from Afghanistan.

Built on a Martini-Henry action, chambered in .303 Brit.

I wanna shoot it......BAD.............

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I wonder how the recoil is on that?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:57:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that is COOL.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Video of the punny recoil please.

S  L  O  W     Motion Purty please.

7m
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I doubt we'll actually fire it.  It's not a true M-H action, it's an Afghan-made copy, probably hammered out of old railroad track or somesuch.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:22:29 PM EDT
[#6]
These guns are dangerous.  There are made specifically for the tourist trade and there is some speculation that the makers are hoping some dumb GI will try to shoot it.  You can get more info from the experts on the martini henry forum over at forums.gunboards.com.  The breach block on a martini action headspaces on the knuckle area at the top rear portion of the receiver.  There is very little metal left there now so the strength is much less than it should be.

In the bottom pic.  of my MKIV you can see how much metal should be there and my rifles were made to fire black powder rounds of much lower pressure.

Link Posted: 9/11/2010 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#7]
there is so much crap like that in the stan, its rediculous. They'll actually destroy good, matching rifles, to piece together something in hopes of selling it. I saw so many old English flintlocks, that had they been original, they would have been worth a ton. But, they'll pull actions and barrels off and put them on some gay cut piece of wood, etc.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#8]
put that sucker in a pistol vice and pull the trigger with a string.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
put that sucker in a pistol vice and pull the trigger with a string.

and post the video of the ensuing carnage.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Most likely a Khyber Pass gun?

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:22:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Let Joe shoot it-  He will shoot anything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#12]
There's another one exactly like that at Sullivan's in Cumming. It's pretty cool. He has a second one, but I forget what caliber it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top