Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 12:41:06 PM EDT
any good info around here or on the net on how to use mil dots (that is easy to understand)

also,what would be better to buy mil dot,moa or bdc marked ?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I am no expert but if you get a mildot scope try to get one with MIL adjustments.  Mine has moa adjustments and it just complicates things a little.

you could check out these sites:

Has info-
http://www.mil-dot.com/

Simulation to get the idea-
http://www.shooterready.com/lrsdemo.html
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The book "Ultimate Sniper" has in depth explanations, formulas, and pretty much anything else you wanted to know about it......I think its kind of pricey though
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Take Joe at Creekside's Precision Rifle Class.  You'll learn all about mil-dots.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#5]
The Army taught me. Forgotten a lot of it now, A LOT. But, I can still range, and I understand MOA stuff. Mildots with MOA isn't hard to figure out. You just have to understand the relationship.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:40:36 AM EDT
[#6]
When is the next time Joe is having one of these classes? I would be interested.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Check the calendar on the website.  I think he offers them every couple of months.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 9:56:06 AM EDT
[#8]
I also have a Precision/Sniper Rifle school called Precision Applications, LLC.  If you are interested in one-on-one Instruction on mil-dots and a whole lot more, drop me a line.
Link Posted: 9/16/2010 9:17:41 AM EDT
[#9]
i would love to take time off work to do that but i will never happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top