Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 11:34:27 AM EDT
Got a rock island officer that i keep in the truck as a back up "truck gun". If someone steals it i am not out much anyway, I carry a kimber ultra  and i keep winchester ranger +p ammo in it and winchester szx ammo in the rock island but i would like to put the ranger +p ammo in the R I A would it be safe to do so ?        

*edited*
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
got a rock island officer that i keep in the truck as a back up "truck gun" if someone steals it i am not out much anyway i carry a kimber ultra  and i keep winchester ranger +p's in it and winchester szx's in the rock island but i would like to put the ranger ammo in the R I A would it be safe to do so ?

Periods and commas are our friends. +p ammo is fine for most good gun manfuactures  if you only have to shoot three or four rounds for self defense. Over use of it is another thing
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
got a rock island officer that i keep in the truck as a back up "truck gun" if someone steals it i am not out much anyway i carry a kimber ultra  and i keep winchester ranger +p's in it and winchester szx's in the rock island but i would like to put the ranger ammo in the R I A would it be safe to do so ?

Periods and commas are our friends. +p ammo is fine for most good gun manufactures  if you only have to shoot three or four rounds for self defense. Over use of it is another thing

Sorry i usually proofread before I post.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Will it hurt just to test fire a few rounds to see if it works?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:54:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Even if you shot +P all the time, it shoudn't be an issue. Just change the recoil spring at the mfr recommended interval.

I think the only issue is with old guns which weren't designed around the +P pressures.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Got a rock island officer that i keep in the truck as a back up "truck gun". If someone steals it i am not out much anyway,

Yeah, you're not out much. Just the next guy that comes along and gets shot by your weapon because you have this cavalier attitude that once it's out of your sight, you're not responsible.

Don't leave guns in cars! And if you absolutely, positively have to, then get a car safe!

And yes, +P is fine.

Az
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Got a rock island officer that i keep in the truck as a back up "truck gun". If someone steals it i am not out much anyway,

Yeah, you're not out much. Just the next guy that comes along and gets shot by your weapon because you have this cavalier attitude that once it's out of your sight, you're not responsible.

Don't leave guns in cars! And if you absolutely, positively have to, then get a car safe!

And yes, +P is fine.

Az

well for your info i do not leave it in veiw and it is also well hidden if you can find it in my truck ill give you twenty bucks
*edit* ok i have got to soapbox i cant let it go... are you so liberal minded to think that i would actually leave my gun for some thug to find ? hell no, in fact it has been broken into before and they didnt get it. most "thugs" will not have or take the time to look around,
they skim over your shit and got to another car most of the time they miss the good stuff *rant over*
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:27:37 AM EDT
[#7]
shot a two full mags last night no problems to report. shot one mag at normal rate of fire and the one mag dump.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
+p ammo is fine for most good gun manfuactures  if you only have to shoot three or four rounds for self defense. Over use of it is another thing

+1 on this advice.... The reason is the higher chamber pressures from +P as well as additional abuse of the mechanicals in your firearm... Just because it survives a test firing of several rounds does not constitue "safe" for sustained, moderate or even occasional/rare usage.... Some handguns are rated for +P ammunition and are rated that way as they are built to take the additional abuse (eg HK USP 45 is rated for +P+)....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top