Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 7:38:43 PM EDT
Just curious about all the gun stores in GA that don't mind you having a concealed weapon while browsing around. I know Bullseye in Lawrenceville doesn't, Dixie Ammo Dump in Hoschton encourages it. Clydes in Athens doesn't mind. I was at 400 J&L today and had my pistol on me, no signs in the front so I was assuming it wasn't frowned upon.

Figure some guys would like to know where they don't have to take their sidearm off to go shopping. The firing lane in Athens will give you a firm talking to if you even think about doing it there, same with Franklins. Tucker gun is the same way
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You have to make your rules based on your lowest common denominator.  

We don't mind so long as you aren't fingering the damn thing the whole time.  Big rule is don't touch it and for Gods sake don't take it out.  Treat it like its your Johnson.  

I do find it hypocritical to sell personal defense products and then refuse to let your customers actually carry those products in your shop.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

We don't mind so long as you aren't fingering the damn thing the whole time.  Big rule is don't touch it and for Gods sake don't take it out.  Treat it like its your Johnson.  

I do find it hippocritical to sell personal defense products and then refuse to let your customers actually carry those products in your shop.  

amen to that.

Panells in woodstock/canton does NOT let you carry inside.

Nicks guns....well....if you OC they will yell at you for being an idiot
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#3]
What's with all this talk about gunshops that don't allow it?  I thought that's why it is called concealed carry.  I have carried in all the shops you guys have mentioned without ever thinking about it.

Really the only places I go where I will take it off and leave it in the car (which I don't like doing) is my kids school and the post office.  

I fly almost every other week and as long as I am not flying into new york or chicago I generally take it with me then too.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I do find it hippocritical to sell personal defense products and then refuse to let your customers actually carry those products in your shop.  

Amen,

If you CC or keep it holstered I could give a shit but why does it always turn into a gun show in my shop??

Hey man, what are you carrying? Hold on and I will show you as soon as I unload it.....

Can you say accident waiting to happen

That is why I have a sign on my front door!!

TD
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The ones that allow you are the ones that don't know. Keep it hidden. Thats where it belongs.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:32:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, if there is a sign on the front door that says "No Loaded Guns", then I feel it necessary to comply.

Just like Taco Mac at the Mall of GA says they don't honor the concealed weapons permit, and not to carry in their restaurant, yada yada. So I don't. I'm fat and like their wings, so I'll leave it in the car.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:41:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, if there is a sign on the front door that says "No Loaded Guns", then I feel it necessary to comply.

Just like Taco Mac at the Mall of GA says they don't honor the concealed weapons permit, and not to carry in their restaurant, yada yada. So I don't. I'm fat and like their wings, so I'll leave it in the car.

You can choose to "comply".  But I would only comply if compelled by law,  and their stupid sign means nothing to me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:54:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can choose to "comply".  But I would only comply if compelled by law,  and their stupid sign means nothing to me.

Agreed.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:55:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I was in a pawn shop in SE Atlanta one day that has a no carry sign on the door.
A guy comes in asking about holsters. Clerk offers some to him. Guy pulls gun from waistband ( or somewhere down there).
Clerk goes for his oc sidearm and I start moving toward a safe spot, out from behind the guy and out of line with the door, which wasn't easy in that shop.
It reminded me of the time I walked out of the rest room almost into the middle of a barroom brawl .
I heard a pop and something I think was a piece of beer bottle hit me on the cheek ( one of the active participants was holding a broken bottle), so I decided to step back a bit and keep the bathroom door open in case I needed to retreat as there really wasn't any other place to get out of the line of fire.
I'm not always the best at paying attention to my surroundings, but those two times I was on the ball.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:11:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Most of the gun ranges and gun stores I go to all have signs about "No Loaded Guns In Store!"  and only allow you to have loaded guns on the range.  I had asked about their rules when I see their sign and they tell me that it isn't because they are afraid of getting robbed at gun point, it is for their own safety and their customer's safety from other inexperienced people.  

Bullseye in Cumming was telling me they had to replace the glass on one of their display canses because some dumbass shot a hole in it when trying to show them an "unloaded" pistol that he wanted to sell.  Other stores had similar experiences with people pulling out loaded guns out of cases, holsters, etc that they swore were unloaded.   So they told me the sign was to make people rethink about if their gun is loaded and potenitally check their guns in their cars rather than in the store to keep people from getting hurt.

I am very safe with my guns and check the chamber multiple times before declaring it safe.   I have seen many gun ranges with hundreds of bullet holes in the ceiling, so I know for a fact that there are plenty of stupid people out there that shouldn't be handling guns without having someone walk them through proper usage and saftey measures.  How you shoot the celiing is beyond comprehention to me as you should be aiming perpendicular to the ceiling.  Even with rapid fire, I never hit more than 12 inches high on my target.  

Some of the military and police locations I have been to with my job all require you to drop a magazine on your firearm (police or soldiers) and shoot the gun into a bullet capture device.  They don't even want to take the chance of someone unloading their firearms indoors where people are, so I can see the point that gun stores have about keeping guns hidden if CC and don't touch them while in the store.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Unless there are metal detectors, concealed means concealed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:25:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't really mind the unloaded gun thing for that reason stated above you don't know but you may have a pollock with an "unloaded gun" but if i am carrying concealed it will stay that way that is the point of concealed.If you are open carrying then pop out the mag and lock the slide back if you need to you can reload faster than you think.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:27:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I do find it hippocritical hypocritical to sell personal defense products and then refuse to let your customers actually carry those products in your shop.  

This.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:35:52 AM EDT
[#14]
KEEP IT CONCEALED AND GO ON ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS THEY WILL NOT STRIP SEARCH YOU AT THE DOOR
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:12:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do find it hippocritical hypocritical to sell personal defense products and then refuse to let your customers actually carry those products in your shop.  

This.

It was a damn iphone. give me a break.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#16]
So why not have a designated safe area where a patron can unload a handgun, aim it into a barrel full of sand to show clear THEN finger fuck it all they want?

7mm
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So why not have a designated safe area where a patron can unload a handgun, aim it into a barrel full of sand to show clear THEN finger fuck it all they want?

7mm

+ 1 on that i hate having to unload and load in the parking lot i feel vulnerable not to mention it is not a safe practice

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

7mm

I wouldn't want to go in a gun store where idiots are finger Fucking guns. Half of those people end up pointing that shit at othe customers!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

7mm

+ 1 on that i hate having to unload and load in the parking lot i feel venerable not to mention it is not a safe practice

Venerable? As in....trained and decorated people should be given more leeway to not need to load and unload? Or did you mean vulnerable? Serious question.

Because you trust someone more...would you give them more privilege as store policy?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#20]
I live by a simple policy:  I don't support businesses that don't honor my rights.  "No gun" sign on door = I don't go through the door.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:22:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

7mm

+ 1 on that i hate having to unload and load in the parking lot i feel venerable not to mention it is not a safe practice

Venerable? As in....trained and decorated people should be given more leeway to not need to load and unload? Or did you mean vulnerable? Serious question.

I think he mean vulnerable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

7mm

Why would somebody need to unload a handgun and handle it in a gunstore? It makes more since to have it unloaded before you get in the store, correct?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:47:19 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The ones that allow you are the ones that don't know. Keep it hidden. Thats where it belongs.

Except for those who open carry of course...

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not really sure about all this. Seems like most of yall go against the businesses wishes by carrying when asked not too. I guess I keep mine in the car out of courtesy. Kind of like parking in the handicap spot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or to the law.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

First, it's not up to a store to "honor" you carry license.

Second, what they don't know and all that.

Third, you knowingly spend money at a place that doesn't like you having guns?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:58:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

7mm

Why would somebody need to unload a handgun and handle it in a gunstore? It makes more since to have it unloaded before you get in the store, correct?

If one is taking a gun to the store to be worked on or sold, I would think it would not be that person's carry gun for that trip, so it would already be unloaded.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I like wings and good beer. Period. The bank doesn't like me having guns in there either, guess I should quit keeping an account.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Good thing my bank doesn't have a no guns sign.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Good thing my bank doesn't have a no guns sign.

bwahahah  nice responce.

granted I havent been to manu banks but I dont remember many denying my rights.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

7mm

If one is taking a gun to the store to be worked on or sold, I would think it would not be that person's carry gun for that trip, so it would already be unloaded.

Larry, I wish that were the case. I've had more than a few "unloaded" guns have brass fly out of them when I breached them. We rarely buy them because at that point I'm going to lowball the shit out of them because of their inadvertent attempt at killing someone in my shop.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:04:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or to the law.

And, to my knowledge, that is the case at all Taco Macs
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:47:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I live by a simple policy:  I don't support businesses that don't honor my rights.  "No gun" sign on door = I don't go through the door.

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:35:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

7mm

I think he mean vulnerable.

THIS
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#35]
I've always thought those signs applied to the people bringing guns to the shop to shoot at the range, trade, sell or have gunsmithing work done etc....  I've never really took the sign the mean they don't want you carrying concealed at their place of business.  

Ok, well maybe I did in the past, but when I learned the laws I started carrying inside.  I'm still unclear on whether or not signs carry weight after SB 308.  If they see my gun printing and ask me to leave, I'll do so and most likely never return, especially if they were an rude about it.  Until then I'll keep it concealed and that's where it will stay.  If I take a gun into a shop to do business, I'll clear it at home before I ever walk out the door.

I completely understand why a shop wouldn't want people finger banging guns and ammo at the same time!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:42:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because I like wings and good beer. Period. The bank doesn't like me having guns in there either, guess I should quit keeping an account.

There are other places to get wings and beer.

My bank doesn't have problem with it.  Find another bank.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Taco Mac can take their sign in the butt.  No guns, knives, blah blah blah.  I'll carry my pocket knives and ccw everywhere that there isn't a metal detector or that I'm not going to be frisked upon entering the place.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Panells in woodstock/canton does NOT let you carry inside.

I carry every time I go in there and every other gun shop.  How are they supposed to know unless like Hippiekicker says, you finger the thing or open carry?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:52:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've always thought those signs applied to the people bringing guns to the shop to shoot at the range, trade, sell or have gunsmithing work done etc....  I've never really took the sign the mean they don't want you carrying concealed at their place of business.  

Most of the shop owners I've asked agree with your assessment above.
They don't care about your concealed weapons, as long as you leave it alone and don't get it out or mess with it.
The unloaded part is for guns that will be handled in the shop.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Taco Mac can take their sign in the butt.  No guns, knives, blah blah blah.  I'll carry my pocket knives and ccw everywhere that there isn't a metal detector or that I'm not going to be frisked upon entering the place.

The real fun is carrying into places that do pat you down, and getting away with it.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

What sign?  There was a sign?  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I ALLOW me to carry inside..............
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the example of Taco Mac, it's much more than simply a business deciding they want a "gun free" restaurant. One of the owners of the group that owns Taco Mac (sans a handful of privately owned locations) is on the board of directors of the Georgia Restaurant Association, a group that worked diligently against the last two gun bills passed (SB 308 this year and HB615 in 2008). Specifically, they wanted you to go to JAIL if you carried in a restaurant that serves alcohol.

I love chicken wings and beer too. But not as much as I love my right to carry a gun, so I choose not to put money in the pocket of the dudes that want to put me in jail for doing it. YMMV

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:12:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the example of Taco Mac, it's much more than simply a business deciding they want a "gun free" restaurant. One of the owners of the group that owns Taco Mac (sans a handful of privately owned locations) is on the board of directors of the Georgia Restaurant Association, a group that worked diligently against the last two gun bills passed (SB 308 this year and HB615 in 2008). Specifically, they wanted you to go to JAIL if you carried in a restaurant that serves alcohol.

I love chicken wings and beer too. But not as much as I love my right to carry a gun, so I choose not to put money in the pocket of the dudes that want to put me in jail for doing it. YMMV

Hmm, I wasn't aware of that. Looks like I'll be going to Wild Wing Cafe instead. Smaller beer selection, but better wings.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#45]
All of them, as far as I am concerned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top