Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2006 7:03:21 AM EDT
I read in the news here that TN and GA were badly hit by storms and tornadoes.   Everybody OK?
Take care.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Power came back just about an hour ago.  The wind noise was real messy.

1 survivor here + 4

ok, let's do a quick GA gang head count.  ONE.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Parts of Marietta are torn up. A building collapsed about a block from the Big Chicken. Roofs are damaged, stop lights are out, debris is scattered all over the roads......but we are alive and well.

Accountant +1 doing good!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:44:47 AM EDT
[#4]
It's raining.

That is all.

Hope everyone's alright
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:27:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Good to go here, I grabbed shoes, two torches, two jackets, .40 cal, and some pants before heading for the basement last night.   Thinking I might just have to bust a cap in the "nado if it came my way.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#6]
We had a storm last night?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1

Why does Cobb and surrounding area always get pounded?  

I've lived in Gwinnett for 24 of the last 30 years.  I only remember a few times when we've had tornadoes, etc.   We had a microburst or something go over my neighborhood a few years ago.  Damaged some roofs, but that's about it.  I heard it coming and was trying to literally drag my wife out of bed.  She wasn't waking up or moving.  I heard the doppler shift as something went past so I just crawled back in bed and went to sleep.  

p.s. Hope I haven't jinxed us.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:59:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like those of us close to the coast are going to get ours this evening.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it rained last nite. Yup the ground looks wet.

Seriously, there were some thunder boomers last nite sometime. The deck has tree trash on it. Gotta get the missus to sweep it off.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I woke up at 4am (I never wake up from storms). I got half way out in to the family room before I realized the power was off. There was that much lightning. I could see fine from it. It finally stopped and about 30 seconds later the power came back on.

I left the back window to my 4Runner down.

Still went to the gunshow today. (BTW, I did see new RRA M4gerys for $750- not too bad)

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#11]

line of heavy rain jusr came through SAV -- no sirens.  As a layperson looking at the weather maps, it looks like Brunswick may get nailed soon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]
It woke me up early this morning.  The way it sounded outside made me wonder if i should head for cover.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, I couldn't sleep so I took my bike out. Almost ran into the storm. That was lightning like I have never seen. I decided to turn around and head back, got home just as all hell broke loose.

don't ask why I was out on my bike at 4am.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:16:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Good to go... I think the worst of it went around me.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Why does Cobb and surrounding area always get pounded?  

Karma? Just kiddin'... I have known some great people who were from Cobb.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:18:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Lots of wind,rain and the power was out for about 4 hours.
Some trees did not survive on some streets close by, but no injuries here.

ARH

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 8:03:37 PM EDT
[#17]
We had wind rain...it split us in Acworth..went North and South
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:12:15 PM EDT
[#18]
We're OK. We moved away from ATL.

How are you?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
We're OK. We moved away from ATL.

How are you?

Glad everybody is OK.

Seattle is a nice place.   Rain can be a bit overwhelming sometimes (like the 36 consecutive days in Jan/Feb) but overall I think it's worth it.     Besides that the place is outstanding for outdoor activities from Spring until Fall.  

Where are you now and how's life treating you?

Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Had two tornadoes in Polk County/ Rockmart. Nothing too severe however, I was working in it and could here the tornadoes. Scary, shit flying all over the place.

That said all is well and noone got hurt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top