Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:35:08 AM EDT
Daddy Likey:

For Sale Ad

What do you think?

Accountant
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Nautical blue exterior on mushroom leather and upholstery.  Standard options according to the datacard are:

Luggage nets on backs of front seats
Multiple contour backrest, driver and passenger (lumbar adjustment, I think)
Driver's airbag
US speedo from factory (US car, it seems - slug and gas guzzler!)
US version (just as I suspected)
Becker Mexico Grand Prix radio
Anti-theft system
Automatic climate control
Heat-insulating glass
Elimination of first aid box and warning triangle (typical of all US cars)
Built for '87 model year
Front seat heater

It's low miles, but not super-low, and without knowing the maintenance history or seeing if the exterior and interior are as clean as the photos make 'em, it sounds over-priced.  You can find better for less.  And honestly, if I'm considering any car with that 5.6L V8, it's going to be a Euro-market car, not a US - considerable power difference, negligible fuel economy difference.

That, and I hate "mushroom" interiors.

Edit: And the wheels look like ass, too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Nautical blue exterior on mushroom leather and upholstery.  Standard options according to the datacard are:

Luggage nets on backs of front seats
Multiple contour backrest, driver and passenger (lumbar adjustment, I think)
Driver's airbag
US speedo from factory (US car, it seems - slug and gas guzzler!)
US version (just as I suspected)
Becker Mexico Grand Prix radio
Anti-theft system
Automatic climate control
Heat-insulating glass
Elimination of first aid box and warning triangle (typical of all US cars)
Built for '87 model year
Front seat heater

It's low miles, but not super-low, and without knowing the maintenance history or seeing if the exterior and interior are as clean as the photos make 'em, it sounds over-priced.  You can find better for less.  And honestly, if I'm considering any car with that 5.6L V8, it's going to be a Euro-market car, not a US - considerable power difference, negligible fuel economy difference.

That, and I hate "mushroom" interiors.

Edit: And the wheels look like ass, too.

The wheels were the best part!

ETA: Do you know of any Euro's for sale?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice pimp grill too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Not a Mercedes but this is nice too..........based on the asking price I would guess that it is stolen!

For Sale Ad

Accountant
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Nah, the block's probably toast.  Alusil/Nikasil issues, I believe.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What does that mean in English?

The motor is ruined due to..............................
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go here.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I just read that this puppy has the Supra's Inline-6......minus the turbo, but you can get it w/ a 5 speed. Hmmmm..........

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:30:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go here.

Thank You! I will now quit looking at all 5's w/ V8's.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Some SCs has the same motor as the Supra, but not all.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Not a Mercedes but this is nice too..........based on the asking price I would guess that it is stolen!

a.im.craigslist.org/Iq/ii/kXpgnmu0okTTVpAeYgFAAj9igDLW.jpg

b.im.craigslist.org/uM/4K/qdsoOdX3PM443byCELLJEm9VVFRk.jpg

For Sale Ad

Accountant

With that being the V-12 it has the alumisil block in it.  Thing is with the 8 series, their reputations were so tarnished by the V-8's that the whole series became a red headed step child, kind of like the TR-7 killed the TR-8
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:54:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Is there a way to know if it has the Supra motor?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Sorry, it's not a Merc, so my knowledge ends there.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:03:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I believe SC's Inline 6 use Toyota's 2JZ-GE engine, the same thing used on NA Supras from 1993 to 1998.

So...the_reject has a extensive high end German auto expertise...hmm, let me take a wild shot...MB technician?

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:45:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are 2 different SC from lexus.  There is the SC400 which is the same V8 that is in the Lexus LS400.  That engine is bullet proof.  Well know for well over 400K miles.  This is not avaliable in a manual transmission.

The SC300 has the V6.  Basically the same as the supra.  This is avalable in auto and manual.  Still a good car but no where near that of the SC400.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:54:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are 2 different SC from lexus.  There is the SC400 which is the same V8 that is in the Lexus LS400.  That engine is bullet proof.  Well know for well over 400K miles.  This is not avaliable in a manual transmission.

The SC300 has the V6.  Basically the same as the supra.  This is avalable in auto and manual.  Still a good car but no where near that of the SC400.  

Hey Guys,

I hope you two have been doing well! How are the little ones?

True, a V8 will outperform a 6 cylinder, but if you change the oil and don't let it overheat, a Straight 6 will run forever. Throw in a 5 speed and rwd......and the car is about bulletproof.

Accountant
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:41:30 AM EDT
[#18]
The normally aspirated Supras commonly have huge aftermarket turbos added, and generate 7-800 horsepower. The most I've seen is 1100hp in a streetable Supra.

Point is, the straight 6 is capable of enormous power.

see hereSupra-750HP

Just an example of what's out there with sixes. A Lexus SC with the same engine would be some sleeper!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:45:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey Reject,

Which company do you use for shipping cars?

I thought I had read somewhere that you had a vehicle shipped to you.

Accountant
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm using Streamline Auto Transport.  They are a transport broker - i.e., they take the information and a deposit of earnest money and post the details where many trucking companies can see it.  Once a company says they'll do it, Streamline makes sure all their paperwork and insurance is in order and up to date, then sends you a contract to sign and return.  The car is picked up, shipped, and delivered COD - cash, money order, or cashier's check.

So far, my car is still in New Hampshire because of a paperwork SNAFU with a new pick-up date of the 22nd.  However, I can say that Streamline's customer service is truly exceptional.  The proof will be in the pudding when the car shows up, but the prices are extremely competitive - it's costing me seven and change to have the car shipped from New Hampshire, and many of the other larger auto shippers were wanting a minimum of $1100.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top