Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/19/2006 2:10:50 PM EDT
My new toy got to the Georgia dealer last friday. I got the paper work from him at the beginning of the week. Sign off took one day. Sent it off today. Now for the second leg of the journey. I asked the dealer how it looked. He had no idea said the factory seal was still on the box. How can someone keep a gun since before 86 and never open it. More than I could do. Guess I will see if the move helped on the time line.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:42:38 PM EDT
I'll bet they bought a bunch and just stashed 'em away some place safe. How much did it cost in '86 versus what you paid for it? "Hmmm, I think I'll buy a stack of these and see what the value does in 20 years."

I'm guessing you bought an M16. I don't know what the prices are or were, but I'm guessing it's somewhere in the neighborhood of this...

$500 in 86?
$15k in 06?

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong (as if I had to say that). If you'd bought GE stock you'd have tripled your money. Looks like it has split four times. I presume the prices in the chart are split-adjusted.

How many other investments grow by a factor of 30 in 20 years. Wish I'd been a gun nut in '86. Don't think I could have afforded more than one or two in E4 pay.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:20:25 PM EDT
Just a 9mm MAC. They are still the best buy in a subgun. Probably 3 or 400 when new and only 3000 now. The quickest I saw go up were the Vector UZIs. They sold for 3000 and went to 6000 shortly after they sold out. Almost doubled in a few months.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:59:02 PM EDT
Sounds like fun. I guess you'll be buying your 9mm in bulk.

Congrats too.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:36:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By birdbarian:
Sounds like fun. I guess you'll be buying your 9mm in bulk.

Congrats too.

Fixed it for you! I assume you haven't met j3_?!?

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:15:13 AM EDT
Don't think I have, but I'd like to. Are we ever gonna do a group shoot again? Now that I have an EBR, I want to go hang out w/ my brothers and sisters. Hope to get time off from Mrs. Birdbarian and the little barbarians to do the low light shooting class. I was bummed I could not attend the last time he did the defensive pistol class.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:03:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/20/2006 1:28:32 PM EDT by ByteTheBullet]
Start a shoot thread, anyone can. Try to pick a date that is not too hot, not too cold, not too rainy, at a range with no range nazis, rambo rangers, and what else, oh yeah, a nearby hOOters! Thats all. Simple.

Is Charlie Elliott really THAT bad? Come on. FOP is great too! There has got to be a happy medium somewhere!

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 7:51:52 PM EDT
How about HERE? Ask j3. We have a really good time.
Top Top