Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 4:48:29 AM EDT
A friend of mine and I are buying a few FALs from ORF. I figured id ask who they have on file here in Atlanta already. They gave me the name of this " place "...well they want $35 each....figure ill just find a cheaper place and wait on the whole transfer.
 Oh yeah im gonna get the carbine with moly coat in OD green over the phosphate finish.

Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:02:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I think Bernie's will do the transfer for $25.  You also might try local pawn shops.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:17:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah i thought 25 was normal and 20 was a good price. Kinda nervous about a pawn shop owner knowing anything about it. Thats only because I personally know some and ...well. you dont want them to know if you got anything expensive.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:22:04 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a pawn shop down in Lilburn that I used that did $15 transfers...

After s0ulzer0's experience trying to get a transfer through Bernie, I stay no to that route.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Forsyth County Pawn (Cumming)= $20.00.
Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have found several pawn shops on the south side that will do a transfer for $15.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:41:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Of all the FFLs that I know of in my area, the cheapest is $38!!!
Now I could spend $10-$15 in gas driving to one further from my home that may be cheaper, but why hassle with all the trouble and spending the money anyways?

ArmaLiter
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#7]
38bucks????
 Now that is crazy !
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#8]
reject, what happened to s0ulzer0 at Bernie's?  I don't remember that story.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:26:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Try the Bullseye indoor range in Lawrenceville, they just did a transfer for me and charged $20

VSP
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
reject, what happened to s0ulzer0 at Bernie's?  I don't remember that story.

I'm sure he'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it boils down to Bernie refusing to complete the transfer because he didn't have a copy of the other store's FFL.  Which he doesn't need to complete a transfer on his end, only if he's sending a gun to them - not receiving.

I don't recall exactly how much convincing it took for s0ulzer0 to rescue his new toy from the evil clutches of Dr. Bernie, but he was pretty livid about it for a while.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks, reject.

VSP, that's a good thought.  Bullseye is a good store.

Edited because my brain farted.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#12]
A guy I shoot with in IPSC does transfers.  His name is Andy Gazaway.  I think he charges $25.  He is in Roswell.  He's one of the good guys.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Think im going to get it at Adventure Outdoors, they do it for $25. That way anyone in the Atl area can buy weapons from Ohio Rapid Fire since OA's FFL will be on file
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Go see my buddy Chris over at Mr. Pawn in Lilburn.  He'll do transfers for $10.  He'll also order anything you want and he's pretty competitive on price.  The shop is in the strip mall at the corner of Beaver Ruin (I hate the sound of that) and Hwy 29.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#15]
10 bucks you say? Im might have to check that out. Looking forward to this FAL.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
38bucks????
 Now that is crazy !

No... that is free-market economics.

If he charges $38, you can bet he either:

1)  has customers who pay $38, or

2)  doesn't want to handle transfers on items he didn't buy/sell and has intentionally priced himself out of the market so as not to be bothered with it.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 1:09:18 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Go see my buddy Chris over at Mr. Pawn in Lilburn.  He'll do transfers for $10.  He'll also order anything you want and he's pretty competitive on price.  The shop is in the strip mall at the corner of Beaver Ruin (I hate the sound of that) and Hwy 29.

Seconded.  This is where I bought my Swede M96, and they handled the transfer on my Mosin Nagant M91/30.  Just couldn't remember the name.  Bernie's wanted $25, and their paperwork took over 3 weeks to arrive at the other FFL.  So I told Maria I had cancelled the order after I had arranged the delivery to Mr. Pawn - who's FFL was already on file.  A few weeks later, s0ulzer0 got stymied by Bernie and swore he'd switch to Mr. Pawn for transfers.

Great guys, really friendly, and some cool finds in there every once in a while.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I think that GACOP will do them for $10 or $15 in Newnan.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Hell when I lived in CO they wanted 10 dollars or so plus 5-10% of the price.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:50:12 AM EDT
[#20]
So crazy things never happen in free economics???

Maybe excessive would be a better word to use.

Quoted:

Quoted:
38bucks????
 Now that is crazy !

No... that is free-market economics.

If he charges $38, you can bet he either:

1)  has customers who pay $38, or

2)  doesn't want to handle transfers on items he didn't buy/sell and has intentionally priced himself out of the market so as not to be bothered with it.

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I don't know where you are, but I can get you $10 at two places in Calhoun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seconded.  This is where I bought my Swede M96, and they handled the transfer on my Mosin Nagant M91/30.  Just couldn't remember the name.  Bernie's wanted $25, and their paperwork took over 3 weeks to arrive at the other FFL.  So I told Maria I had cancelled the order after I had arranged the delivery to Mr. Pawn - who's FFL was already on file.  A few weeks later, s0ulzer0 got stymied by Bernie and swore he'd switch to Mr. Pawn for transfers.

Great guys, really friendly, and some cool finds in there every once in a while.

If a noob's opinion is worth a damn!

Another vote for Chris at Mr.Pawn. Did a transfer last week from an individual out of state. Charged 10.00. Highly recommended.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Not really, but you can pretend!  
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pay no heed to this malcontent!

BTW, welcome, Dirtalert!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:10:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Welcome to the board Mr Dirt.

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#27]
you Ga. yankees quit fussing over $10.
it is commonly known that everyone in the atlanta area makes $175K or better.

on a serious note if you drive to brunswick i know a guy that will do them for $25.

gas from atlanta to brunswick and back  $75
transfer                                $25
lost pay for day off of work                                   $400

out of traffic for a day           priceless
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#28]
We were charging $10 but I think David was going to go to $20. I haven't worked at the store much this summer. I've been spending my off days with my boys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top