Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 9:03:59 AM EDT
My wife and I have an 85 Corolla that belongs to her since college. It's our "workhorse" because it's a hatchback and the back door allows for carrying lots of big things around.

Anyway... yesterday it showed signs of age. The radiator top cracked and started leaking water.

Anybody knows where to get old Corollas' parts? As the car is old I think a junkyard would be the best option?

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:55:49 AM EDT
Mrs. ByteTheBullet's 90 civic's (plastic)radiator top did the same thing. Had it replaced, been working fine ever since...knock on wood. If it is also plastic, I would recommend a new one over a 'well loved' one.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 9:57:47 AM EDT
Yeap. It's plastic. So it's possible to replace just the top?
Any recommended shops in north Atlanta?

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:22:45 AM EDT
For the honda, they said the whole thing had to be replaced. The shop we use is honda only...sorry.

ByteTheBullet (-:
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:27:16 AM EDT
I thought everything would have to be replaced. Found one, via Internet, that seems to fit at Auto Zone for $130. I'll stop by and check. I can replace the stuff myself. Just a matter of finding a new (or reliable) older one.

Damn thing is that I could get several rounds for that money...

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:09:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:36:39 PM EDT
Great!! If I don't find it there I'll not find anywhere else!
Thanks much!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:49:35 PM EDT
Talk to Rusty or Gary @ www.buyasianparts.com. I'm seeing costs of about $100 for a new radiator from them, depending on how your Corolla is configured. They are local guys in Dunwoody and are great guys to deal with.

If you have a euro or jap import, I strongly recommend them. Donna and I get all of our Merciless-Benz parts from them.

Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:52:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:48:59 PM EDT
Awesome! Thanks much!

I imagine I can find car "lowers" and "uppers" there as well?

Top Top