Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 1:07:43 PM EDT
Hello all, I've been lurking this forum for a couple of weeks now and have noticed that some of you go to Charlie Elliot range. My present cell phone service does not get a signal out there. Was wondering if anyone's does and if so what provider do you use.
Reason of course is to sneek off from work to shoot a few rounds.

Dirt: Hello
customer: I require your services
range:   KABOOM
customer: What was that?
Dirt:    What was what?
customer: sounded like an explosion
Dirt:    I didn't hear anything
range:   KABOOM, KABOOM, BLAM
customer: There it was again!
Dirt:    What?
customer: That sound! Are you deaf?
Dirt: Must be on your end.
Dirt: I don't hear a thing.
customer: Nevermind, just come as soon as you can!!

TIA

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
SprintPCS, to my knowledge, doesn't get a reception out there.

Skytel pagers don't either.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:28:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome Dirtalert!! Glad you chimed in, you sure picked a lively day to introduce yourself. Don't let them scare you too much.

Back to the topic. Nextel is sorta out there. I can get a so-so connection in the parking lot, have not tried at the benches. Join us next shoot, we are getting together for a Gun show  next(?) week.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks reject and ByteTheBullet. I'm on T-mobile. It is not good there either. My pager is verizon and I think it worked there but can't remember. Just a big pain to leave there after setting up just to get back to phone. I'm on call all the time. Stolen moments are all I get!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm on call all the time. Stolen moments are all I get!

I feel your pain.

me = slave to the pager
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Stolen moments are all I get!

Ahhh, the sweetest kind.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah it would be my fluck to get pages out there with no way to answer them!
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 2:10:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My Nextel is one of the radio/phone/pager kind. Talk about wearing a leash. Poor coverage is a know problem which can sometimes be nice.

On-call sucks.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm good to go on my southern linc, not the best but have ok service there.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:13:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey, Dirtalert.  Welcome to the insane asylum.  

I'm on Cingular and the service is okay.  Depends really on cloud cover I've noticed.  On a real cloudy day you might have to walk around the parking lot to get a decent connection.  If you come out to play and get paged, I'm sure one of us will have a phone with service.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:55:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks everyone for the replies and warm welcome. Guess I'll switch to one of the mentioned carriers. So so service is better than none.

Have a good, safe 4th!
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I get cell phone usage there. I have Cingular. It works fine there.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#12]
My Sprint phone was also working.  In the very lower limit, though, almost no signal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top