Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 12:45:42 PM EDT
OK, Boomstock II attendees, which brake was louder the CETME or FAL?  
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Dunno which was louder, but the FAL was certainly more fucking annoying.  In addition to the skull-beating, teeth-rattling noise, you had the flesh-peeling, nerve-wracking concussion blast if you were sitting next to it.  It's the only damn thing that made me flinch the entire day.  I almost lacked the concentration to ignore it.

But at least the FAL didn't jam, from what I saw...  
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Dunno which was louder, but the FAL was certainly more fucking annoying.  In addition to the skull-beating, teeth-rattling noise, you had the flesh-peeling, nerve-wracking concussion blast if you were sitting next to it.  It's the only damn thing that made me flinch the entire day.  I almost lacked the concentration to ignore it.

But at least the FAL didn't jam, from what I saw...  

You must be referring to Mark's FAL as mine is the carbine and wouldn't be near as bad.  

That whole CETME/last round/jam thing has me a little intrigued.  I can't help but wonder what HK did to keep this from happening in their rifles.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I would say that big dildo-looking brake on the FAL. The CETME blast was nowhere near as bad.
But no blast was as bad as the breeze thru ARH's armpits! (fvckin' sweathog!)

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would say that big dildo-looking brake on the FAL. The CETME blast was nowhere near as bad.
But no blast was as bad as the breeze thru ARH's armpits! (fvckin' sweathog!)

~ s0ulzer0

Bastard.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#5]
MINE, AK74 from either side!! What do I win? I even wore a shirt that camoflagued sweat! That's two for two!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
MINE, AK74 from either side!! What do I win? I even wore a shirt that camoflagued sweat! That's two for two!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

I would SO take an AK over those goddamn FALs...
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 6:11:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I would say that big dildo-looking brake on the FAL.

ALL YOUR DILDOS ARE BELONG TO US!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top