Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2017 5:03:20 PM EDT
As an out of stater, can I open carry? I have read the laws. I know the restrictions of open carry, however it's not a clear answer wether or not someone from out of state can open carry.

Thanks in advance for any help!

PS I have my CWL so no biggie if I can't OC
I'm just curious.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Any person who is physically in a state is bound by the laws of that state.  We don't have laws that allow or forbid open carry so to speak, so you can't be charged with anything pertaining to open carry in and of itself, even as an out of state resident.

With that said, you could conceivably carry in the "wrong place" and could be harassed and maybe even have the slimmest chance of being charged with coming armed to the terror of the people, or as you noted, you could be charged for possessing a firearm at certain locations if you were not paying attention or did not read or understand the list properly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the info! Just to be safe I will carry concealed as my license is gtg in NC. I am going to be out in the mountains and since bear season is coming around I want to be able to carry on the trails(for protection not hunting). You guys are great! Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you for the info! Just to be safe I will carry concealed as my license is gtg in NC. I am going to be out in the mountains and since bear season is coming around I want to be able to carry on the trails(for protection not hunting). You guys are great! Thanks again!
View Quote
Where in the mountains? As for bears you really have nothing to worry about
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top