Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2017 1:08:24 PM EDT
I think the local sheriff harassed me this morning while trying to get fingerprints for two suppressors.
Total of four cards is what I wanted. I got them eventually but they wanted to hold them until I came back with paperwork from the gun shop.(notification I assume)

1) are you required to get the fingerprints done at the sheriffs office?they told me I had to.
My understanding of qualified person would mean me if I had a pad and some blank cards. The deputies said that the fingerprint cards are not available and only for LEO use.

2) he kept asking for my notification packet to put in my file. I haven’t submitted anything to the ATF yet. Is this something they are doing to cya? They also made a fifth copy of my fingerprints and copy of my drivers license.

What is legally required to notify your county sheriff?

Me thinks I got violated but interested to see what you guys say
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't done one since the rule change, but I know there's a lot of suppressor dealers that have their own fingerprint equipment, so there should be no need to do it through the Sheriffs office unless your dealer doesn't have the ability.

There is some type of notification required, but I dont know the details. It may be as simple as sending them a copy of the forms. 

What county are you in?

@BigWaylon, our local NC suppressor guru. 
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 5:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 6:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#4]
thats what I was afraid of. they didn't need to take my DL copy or another set of prints to keep--but at that point I figured
I'd just shut up and finish up.

Sucks but live and learn
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#5]
fyi I'm going through fuquay gun

They said the same thing, cleo gets a copy of form 4 and thats it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top