User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How far is it from parking to the actual shooting area?
View Quote
Around a hundred yards or so. But we can drive right up to our shooting points. I normally park my truck a few yards behind where I'm shooting and use the tailgate as a table for all of my crap.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 11:55:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Late to the party... but is there a need for anything else?

I'm going to try and make it before 0900, but I don't think I can stay much past noon.
Link Posted: 10/4/2017 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Late to the party... but is there a need for anything else?
View Quote
See OP...working on an update right now.
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll bring some steel.  I have an 8" plate for rifle and a few for pistol.

2 AR's and ammo, pistol, etc.

A couple or three flintlocks and ammo.

Miscl. targets, stapler, etc.

I am going to try to get there by 9 or 9:30
Link Posted: 10/5/2017 9:59:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow I forgot to check in on this and didn't realize it was so soon. I've been wanting to get to a HTF shoot but I don't know if I can make it. Any idea how late you guys will be out there? I'm about 2 hours away and would rather not wake up at 0700 to drive out.

Sorry if I missed it, but do I need to worry about any kind of payment or paperwork for the range?
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:42:44 AM EDT
[#6]
@2apatriot, I have the range reserved all day, till 10p, and will stay out there as long as anyone wants to shoot.
It's free to attend and the only paperwork is everyone will have to fill out a waiver when we get there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#7]
@Motor5 Okay it looks like I am in. My friend is coming and my brother may be. He only needs to be 18 to sign the waiver right? We can bring water and gatorade for everyone, as well as chips and some hotdogs to pitch in. Let me know if you would like us to bring something different. I don't know if the range has throwers set up for skeet but I have a clay thrower if we need it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 7:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Hotdogs are a case of beef from sams club (80 dogs)

Hamburgers is a case of beef from sams clube (48 burgers)

American yellow cheese..

32 hotdog rolls and 32 hamburger rolls

Yellow mustard, relish, and ketchup and spicy mustard.

A large bag of Lays Potato chips from Sams

A large bag of Doritos chips from Sams..

Ill bring a large pot for the dogs and pan for the hamburgers

Do i need to bring charcoal or is there a stove ?

Anything else guys ?

I'll be dropping off my wife at work since she will not be able to come.. ill be there around 8-8:30...
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@Motor5 Okay it looks like I am in. My friend is coming and my brother may be. He only needs to be 18 to sign the waiver right? We can bring water and gatorade for everyone, as well as chips and some hotdogs to pitch in. Let me know if you would like us to bring something different. I don't know if the range has throwers set up for skeet but I have a clay thrower if we need it.
View Quote
Yeah man, 18 is gtg.
The trap club has throwers, but I doubt they're left out...if you want to shoot clays, go ahead and bring your thrower.
It sounds like all of the food stuff is set up, thanks to cviss...if you want to bring Gatorade, that would be awesome!

@cviss, I know there are outdoor grills there but I've never used them, whether or not they have gas or charcoal...???
There's also a full kitchen there as well...I'm sure we can figure it out in the morning.
I can't imagine what else needs to be gotten.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#10]
@cviss you probably should bring some charcoal.  There is a kitchen but not sure if they leave all that stuff unlocked or not.

I have a small camp grill that runs off a small propane bottle that I could bring if you want.  I also have a big gas burner (like for a fish cooker) that I could bring with some propane.  Just let me know.
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok ill pick up some coal at walmart on my way out..

if yes if you want to bring the small camp stove with propane that would be awesome thanks..
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I ill bring a roll of paper towels and box rubber gloves also..

I already packed a low pot for the dogs and pan for the burgers...

along with a cutting board, two knifes, thongs and spatula for the burgers..
Link Posted: 10/6/2017 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#13]
cviss, Scott, et al...can't thank you enough. Y'all are awesome!
Having said that, I'm going to bed.
See everyone in the A.M.
If anybody needs anything, I'll be up at 0500...feel free to give me a buzz or text.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#14]
It was a pleasure to meet all you guys.. Once again AR15 shows how well these forms are..

I hope to see you guys again..
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 7:16:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Same here. I had a blast.  Many thanks for those that put this together.  Let's do it again at some point.
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#16]
What a great day guys!  Enjoyed meeting all of you.     
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 12:11:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Thanks again for hosting this. Sorry the boy and I headed out early. Next time we’ll plan on less rain. 
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 8:28:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for coming out everybody...It was great getting to meet everyone and playing with everyone's toys.
@cviss, again, I can't thank you enough for cooking for everyone!

We should definitely do it again...when it's not raining, maybe.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#19]
@Motor05 thank you for setting this up. We had a blast and hope to do it again too. @cviss thank you for cooking lunch for us all. And thanks to the guys who let me shoot their cool toys, I don't know you screennames.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 2:06:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Another good time with afrcom members in the books. The target set-up was great. We will have to do it again sometime.
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 3:06:28 PM EDT
[#21]
You all are welcome..

I have an awesome time..

To sit, chat, shoot and eat with fellow shooters..

..and we had the special guest "The Machine" himself we were able to party with him..

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top