Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:11:59 PM EDT
The crappie are biting in full force. Bass and catfish swim right by a wounded minnow. Water is still pretty cold. Beautiful day for it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 4:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
They were biting!

Thanks again, that was a very good time today!

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 5:51:20 PM EDT
[#2]
You do know that a BIG bag of crappie filets would go real nice with our shoot next weekend.
You know this right?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
And the fishfry is when?I'll bring the slaw.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't wait for next month.

Catch and keep trout season opens (hatchery supported)

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:36:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I may bite the bullet and get a "fry daddy" this summer. I hear lots of good things about crappie fillets...never eaten sunfish myself. You southern folks sure do eat some strange stuff.
ETA: Anyone know how much power (AC) that a frydaddy uses? My genny will do 5500 W, will that be enough for a small one?
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 1:41:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Can't wait for next month.

Catch and keep trout season opens (hatchery supported)

Fuggin A!

I feel sorry for the trout in Wilson Creek, Armstrong Creek, South Mountain, and even up on Laurel 'cause I'm coming loaded for bear with everything I can think I'll need - including my own rock to stand on if necessary!
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:25:32 PM EDT
[#7]
your  5500 watt Generator is capable of delivering 45 amps of power at 120 volts simple rule is :

Watts Divided by volts = amps.

most likely the spec'ed 5500 watt rating is surge wattage. constant duty will be closer to 4500 watts. Either way you generator will do more than enough to run the "Fry Daddy" it only draws 10-12 amps. That amperage is based on my personal "Fry daddy"

Now having said that, you can goto wally world and buy a propane powered rig that comes with the a burner, stand, pot, strainer and usually a thermometer and matbe some cutting knives for about $40. all you'll need then is a grill sized propane tank, oil and the Fish!

I use mine to melt lead(different pot), deep fry fish and to deep fry turkey's (huge pot).

Basic burner setup

This is melting lead.

sorry no pic of me cooking anything

HTH,
Jason
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top