Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 12:28:15 PM EDT
I was not included in the layoff at this time. Took 3 days for the process, as employees were called in one at a time. Cut back comes from maufacturing being sent overseas. Wife said I might have to sell some guns if I lost my job - I'm still rolling on the floor laughing!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Some bright bean counter thought this would be a good idea, I'm sure. Glad you didn't get the axe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
What do you do, Deuce?

I'm on my way to Durham to work in that industry.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:36:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey duece, I'm a Wilsonian, and know some folks at Merck.  Glad you weren't affected.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Not knowing where Wilson is, is this the plant northeast of Durham?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What do you do, Deuce?

I'm on my way to Durham to work in that industry.

Pharma or medical devices?

I'm working in Durham at the moment.

Good dodge this time deuce03, hope you can keep it up. If Merck continues the current pharma manufacturing pattern they'll continue to send work overseas so you better not count on being lucky next time.

Course, they could wind up bringing it back when the quality goes down hill and the FDA says "NO". Trust me it happens.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:01:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

No, this one is east, think intersection of US 264 and I-95. Least ways I think that's where it is.

You are thinking of the new vaccine plant in Treyburn, North of Durham up on I-85ish.

Let's see I think the state of NC paid around $60million for that one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wife said I might have to sell some guns if I lost my job - I'm still rolling on the floor laughing!

Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Devices.

Oh? Where?

Course, they could wind up bringing it back when the quality goes down hill and the FDA says "NO". Trust me it happens.

Ain't that the truth.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:50:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, this one is east, think intersection of US 264 and I-95. Least ways I think that's where it is.

You are thinking of the new vaccine plant in Treyburn, North of Durham up on I-85ish.

Let's see I think the state of NC paid around $60million for that one.

That's right, it's right near 95/264
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Devices.

Oh? Where?

Ain't that the truth.

Durham Bulls Ballpark area. So close I can watch the game and smell the hot dogs from the office.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I know where that is. We won't be all that far apart...
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:22:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Durham Bulls Ballpark area. So close I can watch the game and smell the hot dogs from the office.

I go by the park every morning on my way to the airport. Many Many scantily clad chicky snacks on a hot summer day in that area.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:47:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I go by the park every morning on my way to the airport. Many Many scantily clad chicky snacks on a hot summer day in that area.

Oooooooo! Good information to have!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I married the right woman. She told me I will never sell my guns for anything. The day I had to sell my dirt bike was just as much of a bummer for her as it was for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top