Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 10:47:36 AM EDT
Met two of the local N.C. ARFers today at the Pinnacle range. My memory is as short as something else these days and I can't remember their names. But, seeing as how I was really pissed off at myself for blowing up 2 Oehler skyscreens just before they got there, I hope they will forgive my memory lapse the next time I see them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's this range located in Pinnacle? Is it a membership only range? I'd like to meet and shoot with some Arfcommer's  sometime. It's been a while since I've made the trek to Uwharrie. Got any directions/ information on this range to share? I live in Mount Airy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Met two of the local N.C. ARFers today at the Pinnacle range. My memory is as short as something else these days and I can't remember their names. But, seeing as how I was really pissed off at myself for blowing up 2 Oehler skyscreens just before they got there, I hope they will forgive my memory lapse the next time I see them.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was Wardog, machira, or Joe(I can't remember his handle). They seem to be the regulars up there.

Big_Cheese, it ain't far from you, maybe 20 minutes or so. It is a membership only range. IM me
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 2:12:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Wished it was ole WarDawg.... :(      But it wasn't......... I haven't been to the range  to shoot my rifles since we went   jmzd4  . Been working and working and working. But If they got the dern thing open I might and praboly will go this comeing weekend. I have a K98 and a Persian 98/29 Mauser that needs to be fired. I also got an AK back from InRange about a week ago. They all have never been fired by me......... The few weekends I have off it always rains right before and they have the rd closed.... Hope everyone is doing good.... WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey all,

Im not a member at that range, but have two good friends who are. In fact, I may be up there shooting this Saturday if the weather is good. Will be bringing my Colt HBAR for certain. I live in Winston.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey all,

Im not a member at that range, but have two good friends who are. In fact, I may be up there shooting this Saturday if the weather is good. Will be bringing my Colt HBAR for certain. I live in Winston.

Can you make Sunday mornings?????

Who are your friends that are members, maybe we know the same people.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#6]
PM Inbound!

And no, I can't make Sunday mornings. Saturday is my only free day of the week.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:26:27 PM EDT
[#7]
If it doesn't rain and close the road I'm probably gonna be there Saturday and Sunday. Got the replacement screens for my Oehler so I need to see if I can actually chrono some rounds without murdering anymore screens :(
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I might be there in the Morning. I will have a Red  Ball cap on with two Mausers and a Side folding AK.. Wardawg
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#9]
wish I could make saturdays. kids always seem to have something going on
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#10]
My friend with the membership and I will be there if the road is open. I'll be weighing an  OD green baseball cap with the 75th Ranger DUI symbols on it. Kind of a short geeky looking fellow with a reddish  goatee. Will probably have a Mosin Nagant with me also.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:27:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I went at 10 AM and like to got stuck at the pond in my 2 wheel drive truck. I had to work it back and forth to get out of the low spot going up the hill to the big fields. I luckly got unstuck and had to call it quits. Sadly..... I was loaded up and wanting to shoot.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I didn't even call to check the yes/no on the road. Will try again tomorrow. I don't mind shooting in the rain but my chrono isn't too keen about it.

The club meeting is 2/15 and we all need to be there if possible to hopefully mitigate this road situation.

Edited to add that is it raining like pouring piss out of a boot now and there probably won't be any shooting tomorrow either. I hate going to a match at Butner with a load that I haven't chrono'd :(
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#13]
I got my letter today about club meeting. Where is exactly that at... Haven't got a clue. WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]
How many tables/shooting lanes are available at this range? Road sounds to me like 4wd is almost a requirement. I've got an application filled out. Just need to meet some of you good people and get an autograph or two. Heh-Heh!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:47:06 PM EDT
[#15]
25 yard pistol pit (in front of hundred yard benches), 2 covered 100 yard benches, 4 covered 200 benches but room for 4 more.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:45:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I got my letter today about club meeting. Where is exactly that at... Haven't got a clue. WarDawg

that's a good question. I just send in the dues and be done with it. Maybe you can find out where this place is. We can all show up and run for the club offices.

then all your ranges will belong to ARFCOMS
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Well I found out this weekend how cheap the dues were so I'll probably be a member here shortly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top