Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:54:06 PM EDT
Is it blowing like hell where you are?

Glad I got a brick house and a new roof.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:19:19 PM EDT
well, it was crazy windy and cold all weekend, but I was in Kansas City, MO. I was lucky though, out of about 10 model rocket launches, we only lost one to the wind

Got back to Charlotte last night, and its been blowing all day, watched a tree fall down across Univ. City blvd right in the middle of 5pm traffic, good stuff
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:25:31 PM EDT
Blowing like crazy here in SW Charlotte. Every once in a while it sounds like a sheet of plywood has slapped against the building.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:38:47 PM EDT
Winds knocked out the power here north of Winston-Salem, this last weekend. Sunday and Monday it was nice outside, but the winds started picking up again this afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:01:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/17/2006 5:32:49 PM EDT by REELDOC]
Yeppers, got my butt puckered with the pine beside the house doing some good swaying.

Edit for update: Damn what a bunch of wind!
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:29:03 PM EDT
Yep, it's windy as hell here in SE Charlotte--reminds me of being out at Edwards AFB, wher eit was ridiculously windy ALL the damn time!

Gonna get some wet stuff tonight, which of course means it might cancel or postpone field operations for me, again.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:07:13 PM EDT
Dang! Ya'll think the wind is bad now; You oughta' been around here the other night when we had a big-ol' country supper. Complete with boiled cabbage and pintos (soup beans to ya'll westeners).
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:10:01 PM EDT
It was windy as hell at work. (South Charlotte- ish) I was on a roof(flat roof) putting some plywood on top of the perimeter wall. The damn wind almost blew my skinny ass off of there a couple of times.
If I didn't have the ladder tied off I'd still be up there

Now it's raining. Oh boy

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:36:11 PM EDT
Blowing hard here next to Kings Mtn State Park limbs hitting the top of the house
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 2:15:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Big_Cheese:
Dang! Ya'll think the wind is bad now; You oughta' been around here the other night when we had a big-ol' country supper. Complete with boiled cabbage and pintos (soup beans to ya'll westeners).

heh heh your avatar looks like you lit one off!

up here on the ridge, its been blowing stuff out from under the tractor shelter, limbs down (no trees around the house and shaking the house - vinyl siding sounds like some one running a stick down a picket fence.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:53:46 PM EDT

gee, thanx for sharing
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 1:49:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By machaira:

heh heh your avatar looks like you lit one off!

up here on the ridge, its been blowing stuff out from under the tractor shelter, limbs down (no trees around the house and shaking the house - vinyl siding sounds like some one running a stick down a picket fence.

Yep! Anyone need some paint peeled? Heh-heh!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:18:39 AM EDT
it was bad here un summerville it blew over my new shed that i hadent put any thing in yet tore some metal and bent it i can fix it though i think
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:01:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By specter_actual:
it was bad here un summerville it blew over my new shed that i hadent put any thing in yet tore some metal and bent it i can fix it though i think

Hope it wasn't damaged too bad! Have any insurance to cover the damage?
Top Top