KERNERSVILLE, NC 27284
phone: 336-996-8444
Transfer fee: $25.00 PER GUN

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#3]
threefiftynone,
I kinda miss that old avatar already.......
I gotta friend who's gonna start to do some ar work (armour type, barrells, etc.) in east NC.
I,ll try to post a pic of his latest he's done for me.......
He's a great guy who I regularly shoot with and does good work. I'll post his info soon.

oh yea +1  
Link Posted: 11/4/2004 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The story goes like this the dates I don`t have but some of you may remember the events. A couple of years ago a trooper and I believe one Sherrif`s Deputy got them selves in a gun fight with some drug runners outside Fayettville on I95 as I recall they both got out gunned and died because of it, at the time the NCHP were using Beretta 96`s in .40s&w`s Ranger LE ammo they shot through the glass and interior furniture and made some solid hits on the purps but none were fatal as I recall. The bad guys were more heavily armed (I don`t remember with what) and got the better end of the deal. Basically what came of it were several things .40 too weak mini14`s not reliable. In the end they got buried. My self and I am sure others were approched and asked for some friendly advice on AR`s and it was given I and others did some work on some of the Troopers private guns and what came out of all this is NCHP have AR15`s with 16" barrels and 20 " sight radiuses I think they may be chrome lined as well and the clamp on front sight bases. One of the biggest criteria was I believe no more than 1 Min correction at the rear sight for BZO. As for the pistols they are using Cougors in 357 sig with Remington ammo made custom for them. They have had some issues with them chambering once they are hot but Beretta is working to re barrrel the problem guns. I think rhey would prefer to have sigs but no budget to do it yet. There are other specifics but I am not sure what I should say out in the open so I won`t say more except this this state gov have swamped our guys with red tape B.S. to a level I find truly amazing in this day and age. They have to beg borrow and steal to get equipment to keep them safe on our roads it should not have to be that way. I thik Berreta owes this states officers a huge apology and should to a better job of fixing there screw ups and do it alot quicker. As for the Armalites they seem to be holding up well except for som POS mags and we have all gotten that from time to time.
Red  

xringprecision,
My brother is a NCSHP Trooper.  He said that they studied that incident in training.  The two "perps" has an AK variant, ammo type unknown.  

Tilman Golphin, 19, and his brother Kevin, 17, had robbed a South Carolina business that day. They were driving on northbound 95 when Trooper Lowry attempted to stop them. The state patrolman had no idea the men were fugitives. Deputy Hathcock was responding to a call for help after hearing the suspects were armed.

Trooper Lowry had gotten in a scuffle with one of the perps while they were seperated from each other.  Deputy Hathcock left the other perp alone to assist Trooper Lowry.  That left one perp alone, who then retrieved the AK-variant and shot the troopers.  My brother said the this perp was soo stupid that he stood over Trooper Lowry and shot him from above, while his brother was underneath.  Trooper Lowry's vest apparantly stopped the bullet from exiting and saved the other Golphin brother's life, thus incurring a huge cost to us taxpayers for having to feed, house, and clothe his sorry A$$ until his execution date.

The NCSHP is mostly diehard Beretta fans.  My brother likes Glocks, but he wouldn't carry one was a duty weapon because it has no manual safety, thus if a perp somehow gets it from him, he has less time to react.
Link Posted: 11/7/2004 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The guys I am in contact with are in the Armory and get all the repairs system wide and see all the issues that have come up with the current weapons. I cannot speak to wheather or not the Troopers in general like them. I know there are some of the guys who have bought them as "Commemerative" and retirment guns but as I said I am refering to the guys who have to fix them and teach them to green troopers.
Red
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I met up with Red of X-Ring Precision Rifles over the weekend to pick up a PWA lower, Cav Arms lower and an LPK.  He showed me a little of his custom work, very impressive, I can only imagine what he'll have when he opens up his new, larger shop.  

He planned on being at the Raleigh show this weekend, and has a few more PWA(made by LMT) and Cav Arms (w/ custom XRP-### serials) lowers for the show.  Easy to deal with and good prices.
Link Posted: 11/15/2004 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the kind words let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Red
X Ring Precision Rifles.
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 7:08:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2004 3:34:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I believe that shooting involved an SKS.

And for the Troopers i know some of them carry heavy-barrel ARs outfitted with a Leupold(sp) CQT scope.
Link Posted: 12/30/2004 1:20:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Neal Seaman of Deadbangguns.com
Non-stocking FFL and NFA dealer
Located in Loris SC
phone 843-716-0511

Guns:cost plus 10%

Transfers $25
Machine gun and Destructive device transfers $50
AOW, SBS, SBR, Silencers transfers $50

added

Link Posted: 1/15/2005 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Concord, NC Area

Eagle Guns
3791 Roberta Church Rd SW
Concord, NC 28025-0700
Phone:  (704) 786-7665

edited to add: $20 xfers, will accept xfers from non-FFL's

added
Link Posted: 1/19/2005 3:50:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Rudder's Gun Service
Butner, N.C.
919-575-8811
They offer a full line of gunsmith services and firearms.

added
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Quoted:
On Target (sort of expensive), ...

Huh? What exactly do you consider expensive? If you buy from Jeff, there's no transfer fee. If you don't, the transfer fee is $20, just like everybody else I've seen around here. He's the best in Asheville, as far as I'm concerned. Jeff doesn't just deal in new; you can buy and sell on consignment; something some others around here either won't do consignment or they bend you over on the consignment percentage they keep. The last time I sold on consignment at On Target, Jeff's take was 10%. At night during the work week, J.D. is in there and he's super knowledgable, albiet a bit abrasive. Also, IDPA every Monday night. Closed Wednesday. Give 'em a try!

Rex's Guns and Ammo is in Hendersonville, not Asheville - the two are not the same and are about 25 miles apart! No used sales except once in a blue moon, I wouldn't do a transfer through them because they seem to get offended when you buy elsewhere and transfer through them - they prefer you buy from them (well duh!)

As far as Rex's goes, Bully and the old man (Spevins, the owner) are the two to deal with. Rex (the middle-age gray hair guy) is a nice enough guy if you spend enough money in there but otherwise he's not going to warm up to you. Especially if you go in there and ask any questions he thinks are stupid. Closed Sunday and Monday.

Also in Hendersonville is B&B Guns at the corner of White St. and Davis St. Bill is a nice enough guy (buy won't give you a fair shake on trade-in, and his used prices are high) but his new stuff is competitively priced and he will do transfers no sweat. Give him a go! Not sure of his hours but I know he's closed Sunday.

The only class III dealer I am aware of in western NC is the guy who owns the local Radio Shack store in Burnsville, up north of Asheville. Never done business with him, so can't comment. Jeff at On-Target turned me onto him when I was considering a supressor so if you want further info, call Jeff.
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#15]
The Aisle Pawn Shop in Mooersville NC. 20 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Carolina Firearm Sports (Pawn)
On Bragg Blvd in Fayetteville.

Daniel is a good guy and I'm a multiple repeat customer.
Link Posted: 3/19/2005 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#17]
The Marksman Inc, also in Mooresville.  A Rock River Arms Premier Dealer.  (704) 662-0850.

I know right now they have a ton of RRA stripped lowers ,parts kits, uppers etc.

They do transfers and the owner shoots RRA's in High Power and made the pres 100 last year at Perry.

Only downside is thier hours Tuesday and Thursday Night  6:30 PM to 8:30 Pm or Saturday Morning 10

AM to 12 noon. They always do the Charlotte and Greensboro Gun shows.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2005 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Shooters pawn in Fayetteville www.shooterspawn.comis good also.

FFL transfers are $20.

Their number is 910-860-3700 ask for Dave,Al or Paul.
FREE

added

I got one better.  Ace Pawn shop on Bragg Blvd in Fayetteville, NC  $15 transfers and you don't have to hear horror stories about destroying Mausers from that one dude in there that is in a gunsmithing school.  Not a bash on Shooters, I like the guys that work there with the exception of that ignorant guy.  Carolina Pawn is a cool place and BS with Daniel.
Link Posted: 3/30/2005 8:43:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/30/2005 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#20]
i get pawn world to transfer my guns for me including my armalite the fee is 25 i used to use jeff  but one time i had a gun sent to him they sent it to his post office box instead of the shop he never checked it  the post office sent it back i had to pay shipping twice.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
On Target (sort of expensive), ...

Huh? What exactly do you consider expensive? If you buy from Jeff, there's no transfer fee. If you don't, the transfer fee is $20, just like everybody else I've seen around here. He's the best in Asheville, as far as I'm concerned. Jeff doesn't just deal in new; you can buy and sell on consignment; something some others around here either won't do consignment or they bend you over on the consignment percentage they keep. The last time I sold on consignment at On Target, Jeff's take was 10%. At night during the work week, J.D. is in there and he's super knowledgable, albiet a bit abrasive. Also, IDPA every Monday night. Closed Wednesday. Give 'em a try!

Rex's Guns and Ammo is in Hendersonville, not Asheville - the two are not the same and are about 25 miles apart! No used sales except once in a blue moon, I wouldn't do a transfer through them because they seem to get offended when you buy elsewhere and transfer through them - they prefer you buy from them (well duh!)

As far as Rex's goes, Bully and the old man (Spevins, the owner) are the two to deal with. Rex (the middle-age gray hair guy) is a nice enough guy if you spend enough money in there but otherwise he's not going to warm up to you. Especially if you go in there and ask any questions he thinks are stupid. Closed Sunday and Monday.

Also in Hendersonville is B&B Guns at the corner of White St. and Davis St. Bill is a nice enough guy (buy won't give you a fair shake on trade-in, and his used prices are high) but his new stuff is competitively priced and he will do transfers no sweat. Give him a go! Not sure of his hours but I know he's closed Sunday.

The only class III dealer I am aware of in western NC is the guy who owns the local Radio Shack store in Burnsville, up north of Asheville. Never done business with him, so can't comment. Jeff at On-Target turned me onto him when I was considering a supressor so if you want further info, call Jeff.

Link Posted: 3/30/2005 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#22]
If you live in the Augusta, Ga/ Aiken, SC area, and need an xfer, talk to SOTE in Aiken; they only charge $20.  They are a small FFL that deals in LE gear as well as used guns.  Also, if you need a Stag lower from them, TitleII Firearms has SOTE's FFl on file.
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 6:44:45 AM EDT
[#23]
TRIGGERFIN is over in Holly Springs NC. He said he would be glad to do tansfers for ARF people for $15.

www.triggerfin.com
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 7:32:33 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i get pawn world to transfer my guns for me including my armalite the fee is 25 i used to use jeff  but one time i had a gun sent to him they sent it to his post office box instead of the shop he never checked it  the post office sent it back i had to pay shipping twice.

Sentences are your friend.  I kinda like em, too.

you forgot www.rif.org/
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Plaza Pawn & Jewelry(and Gun)

Kannapolis NC..... on N. Cannon Blvd.

talk to Jimmy or Doug....they are both very very black rifle friendly.....we all love AR's around here....transfers are very very reasonable and prices when you have something ordered through them is awesome....it's only like 10% above cost + taxes and shipping.....great guys....also has a full time gunsmith on hand who is one of the best around.....

just my .02

camaro
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Summerville, SC.

I recently had a transfer handled by Al Clark of AC Firearms.  Al is a gunsmith and AR-15 shooter.  Nice guy.

Long gun transfers are $20.  He does not have the SLED license for handgun transfers.

His phone number is (843) 875-1261.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd like to put a plug in for Price's Firearms in Greenwood, SC.  He's a stocking dealer for Surefire, Aimpoint and all sorts of black rifle goodness.  You can find him at:

2075 Calhoun Road
Greenwood, SC 29649

864-223-1218

I just bought a Surefire light from him and got a good price and friendly service.

-yj
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll add another for Cleveland county area.
My Brother's place ,
SportsmansDream in Fallston.
Phone/fax # 704-538-0429
Email addy [email protected]
Can't remember what he charges for transfers but if you call or email  tell him you found him from AR15.com .
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#29]
+1 on The Marksman in Mooresville! They are great to deal with and their prices are just as low as or lower than most anyones on the Internet!

The Marksman
710 N. Broad St
Mooresville
704-662-0850
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#30]
FYI - Rudder's in Butner are trying to drum up more business, so they just started a deal where they'll sell any firearm for 30 bucks over their cost, (or 10% over wholesale for 300 and under guns) plus whatever the shipping expenses are on special orders.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Firepower Inc
(704) 849-2828
1200 Industrial Dr
Matthews, NC 28105

The Bullet Hole Shooting Ctr
(704) 291-2521
2811 Chamber Dr
Monroe, NC 28110
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#32]
The owner also runs the Davidson County Gunshow.

http://www.drabbits.com/

DADDY RABBIT'S, INC.
4020 N.C. HWY 8 SOUTH
LEXINGTON North Carolina 27292 USA
phone: 336-357-7373
fax: 336-357-2340

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 10:40:35 PM EDT
[#33]
I have one for the Asheville/Candler area:

Handguns Ltd.

[email protected].

Kenny Allen is the last of the "in-home" FFL's that I know and a good guy to deal with. He charges me $20.00 to do a transfer and he'll let me order what I want and pay for it and he'll send in his FFL without any mark-up what-so-ever. When my firearm arrives, I usually will just drive out to his house right after work to pick it up or he'll even deliver it to me at work if he's out and about. Give this guy a try, you won't be dissapointed.

Link Posted: 10/26/2005 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#34]
How about some class III FFL's in NC?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Dixie Guns LLC
(336) 788-7774
4254 Ebert Rd
Winston Salem, NC 27127

Ed and his wife are real nice
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:13:44 PM EDT
[#36]
For Class III in the Dunn area Dwight at Gunner's Choice is decent. Some of his prices are a little higher then others but he has always been fair and honest with me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top