Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2003 1:43:47 PM EDT
I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like it has been pouring for like the last 2 weeks here.

How about you?

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Bass are bedding in my back yard...
Swamp Thing wanted to lease the remaining yard.
Maybe it will dry up a little this week.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Well,

I'm not in NC, but close to the line in VA.  I'm thinking about taking Ship Building 101 at the local university because I think I am going to need have one to escape the coming flood.

Has it been 40 days and 40 nights yet?

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking of calling Bob Ballard to see if he wants to film a documentary in my yard. He could call it the National Geographic Search for Dry Land.....
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:46:33 PM EDT
[#4]
An odd day for the first day of summer here.  It was a really nice day, started out cool even.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Update on the "How Much Rain Have You Had" post:

TOO D*** MUCH!!!!

Thanks to TS Bill, my yard, which was beginning to resemble solid ground again, has now been soaked with an additional FIVE inches plus since Monday night at 8:00 PM. I emptied the rain gauge Monday about 5:30 while I was attempting to mow my paddy/yard, & it was running over a few minutes ago when I checked it.

Will be busy on Wednesday building some sort of raft.....

Edited 7/2/03 to amend the total rainfall as of 0900 today at 7+ inches. Don't know how much ran over the top of the rain gauge before I realized it was full & emptied it. There was an additional 2 inches this morning when I came to work. Probably a small amount more, since we've had light rain most of the day.....
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Funny you should add to this.  I was thinking about it on the drive home from work.  I was in Southern Pines on Sat/Sun and it rained on the drive there and on the drive home!  Last year at this time, we were dry as a bone.  Go figure.

Here in Raleigh it has been raining, rather pouring for the past two days.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
TS Bill dropped 2 inches in 1/2 hour here yesterday. I got over 4 in the last 24 hours.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top