Quoted:

I want you to know I read that as “thuper thore”
View Quote

????
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Had a blast and it was great to meet you guys!
View Quote

This. You all are some great people, thanks for letting me tag along.
View Quote

It was great to see all the new faces out there. I was worried that with 3 of the 5 from the first hike not to make it that we would be way down in attendance. Having 8 people was awesome.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I knew I was going to miss a good time.

Sorry I couldn't make it this time Gents - and Ladies.

Good work keeping it going !!!  
View Quote

This.
View Quote

Quoted:

Embrace the suck I was in that same spot last time, it definitely gave me the desire to get lighter plates when I can afford to.

Sounds like you guys had a good time, hopefully I can make the next one.
View Quote

We missed having you guys. There was a lot of suck to be embraced despite the beautiful weather.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#3]
My big take away from all of this is that I need to do more rucking. I feel like I struggled more this time than last time. These big events where we can go in full kit are fun, but local rucks for training are way easier to do for training both in scheduling and getting time free (especially for the camping). The APC warfighter challenge had a 12 mile ruck in it. I would love to be able to physically do that, but I need a lot more practice.

Quoted:
Lets do it again the 19th
View Quote

We do need to start planning our next one asap so we can get the date out there for people. I would love to include training in future events but am not certain if we would need separate training days or just do some of it before/after a ruck.

Event/Training ideas so far:
Night ruck under NVGs or (poors) Sionyx
Land NAV training/Orienteering course
Lashing and emergency stretcher creation/evacuation - we almost needed this one. I know VBB has done some rucks where they practiced evacuating someone.

Im sure there a lot of other wilderness type skills that would be good to practice/refresher train for a lot of us. I also need to get a copy of the APC pioneer task book to see what they have going on there.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 7:38:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My big take away from all of this is that I need to do more rucking. I feel like I struggled more this time than last time. These big events where we can go in full kit are fun, but local rucks for training are way easier to do for training both in scheduling and getting time free (especially for the camping). The APC warfighter challenge had a 12 mile ruck in it. I would love to be able to physically do that, but I need a lot more practice.

We do need to start planning our next one asap so we can get the date out there for people. I would love to include training in future events but am not certain if we would need separate training days or just do some of it before/after a ruck.

Event/Training ideas so far:
Night ruck under NVGs or (poors) Sionyx
Land NAV training/Orienteering course
Lashing and emergency stretcher creation/evacuation - we almost needed this one. I know VBB has done some rucks where they practiced evacuating someone.

Im sure there a lot of other wilderness type skills that would be good to practice/refresher train for a lot of us. I also need to get a copy of the APC pioneer task book to see what they have going on there.
View Quote

I'm camping next time so I can at least use my NV somewhere other than my neighborhood.  Jennifer and I are talking about hitting up that land nav course at Rock Bridge state park if anyone wants to do that they're more than welcome to join
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 9:06:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm camping next time so I can at least use my NV somewhere other than my neighborhood.  Jennifer and I are talking about hitting up that land nav course at Rock Bridge state park if anyone wants to do that they're more than welcome to join
View Quote

Flak and I were just talking about that. Do you know how long the course is by chance? Dont want to plan something we can finish in half an hour. I know the park has almost 30 miles total of trails.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Flak and I were just talking about that. Do you know how long the course is by chance? Dont want to plan something we can finish in half an hour. I know the park has almost 30 miles total of trails.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe there are 30 way points but Im not about to try them all in 1 day
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Alright, everyone has had a week to relax. Are we doing this again the 19th?
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife and I had a good time on the hike.  We'll be up for another hike again sometime (IDK if we're available on the 19th or not yet.)  We've "intended" to do the Rock Bridge land nav course for years, so we'll be up for that sometime too.

Lesson #1 for me:  I need to lose weight

Pic from hike:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/13/2020 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I would be will do to this. Central MO/ JC MO
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 1:29:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I would be will do to this. Central MO/ JC MO
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/16/2020 1:44:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My wife and I had a good time on the hike.  We'll be up for another hike again sometime (IDK if we're available on the 19th or not yet.)  We've "intended" to do the Rock Bridge land nav course for years, so we'll be up for that sometime too.

Lesson #1 for me:  I need to lose weight

Pic from hike:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/96579/APC_hike_Dec_2020_jpg-1727845.JPG
View Quote

Really cool to meet you both! Now I wish I had taken pics...
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I get this broken leg healed I could be up for this. I was doing the GoRuck stuff and enjoyed it
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Add me to the interested in STL list. Should be able to get the wife to come out too.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Add me to the interested in STL list. Should be able to get the wife to come out too.
View Quote

Me too
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#15]
UNOFFICIAL NIGHT HIKE, SHOOT, CAMP, AND HIKE SATURDAY-SUNDAY JANUARY 16-17 2021.

We will be meeting at the Scrivner Conservation Area Campground Saturday evening and hiking just under 2 miles to the shooting range.

Sunset on Saturday is 5:14 so we will shoot to leave between 5 and 5:30.

I hiked it today and with a, "Crap I took a wrong turn" detour it was 2.02 miles following the highlited route below (2nd picture)

Attachment Attached File

Time at the range will be determined by how many shooters we have.

Everything you need at the range you must carry with you on the hike.

If there is enough interest I'd like to do an official APC 6 mile ruck on Sunday, leaving from the Scrivner Campground at 10am.

Scrivner is located just outside Russelville, MO.  If you follow the directions from Google or Apple it will take you to the shooting range but we are meeting at the campground which is on Claywell Rd.

Camping space is limited and it is primitive (no running water, no bathrooms).

The circled area is the parking lot/campground area and the highlighted trail is what we will take to and from the range.  

Attachment Attached File

At the request of some guys we're going to split the group on the hike back to camp, 1 group with NODS and the other with white light
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't make this one; I have family plans already.  Scrivner is pretty close to me though (I went there Sunday and hiked a loop around the perimeter, and we're planning to take the kids there Monday), so I'm definitely interested in future events.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you folks are interested please have a responsible.person reach out so we can set you up with some support and get appropriate offline contact info for non-ARFCOMMERs.

We have some great training planned this year, and our Illinois APC crew is very active.
View Quote

@Flak-Magnet
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
UNOFFICIAL NIGHT HIKE, SHOOT, CAMP, AND HIKE SATURDAY-SUNDAY JANUARY 16-17 2021.

We will be meeting at the Scrivner Conservation Area Campground Saturday evening and hiking just under 2 miles to the shooting range.

I hiked it today and with a, "Crap I took a wrong turn" detour it was 2.02 miles following the highlited route below (2nd picture)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/373360/oops_jpg-1776866.JPG

If there is enough interest I'd like to do an official APC 6 mile ruck on Sunday, leaving from the Scrivner Campground at 10am.

Scrivner is located just outside Russelville, MO.  If you follow the directions from Google or Apple it will take you to the shooting range but we are meeting at the campground which is on Claywell Rd.

The circled area is the parking lot/campground area and the highlighted trail is what we will take to and from the range.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/373360/hike_1_png-1776865.JPG

At the request of some guys we're going to split the group on the hike back to camp, 1 group with NODS and the other with white light
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/373360/oops_jpg-1776866.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/373360/hike_1_png-1776865.JPG

Camping in the cold? Hiking in the dark? Shooting in the dark? It is snowing (currently)? Are you guys up by Jeff City crazy?

This sounds like a wonderful time. Im in!

Quoted:
If you folks are interested please have a responsible.person reach out so we can set you up with some support and get appropriate offline contact info for non-ARFCOMMERs.

We have some great training planned this year, and our Illinois APC crew is very active.

Sounds great. We look forward to getting this rolling even more in Missouri this year!
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top