Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Since I went to the trouble of joining VCDL and donating to its PAC, I might as well go to this rally.

I live in St. Louis so talking to my Representatives would be a waste of time; their answer to all the homicides in north St. Louis is to infringe upon my rights.  I did write the Governor telling him to keep an eye on Krewson who would melt my AR-15 into scrap if given the chance (she's already signed a law prohibiting carrying in city parks --- I'm sure that'll drop the homicide rate).

I wouldn't mind meeting other ARF folk and the like.  I might go down Monday to recon someplace to park.  Not sure about car-pooling as I will probably mill about the Capitol grounds during the rally and then head home.

I presume it is legal to open carry on Capitol grounds.  I have seen that one may only CCW inside the Capitol building with a permit.  I don't have one so I will be staying outside.  Or, in the opinion of others who have attended this rally, or have a vested interested in any organizations represented at the rally, should I come unarmed.  I carry in St. Louis because it's dangerous.  Jeff City, not so much.  And it doesn't look like we need the massive show of force VA needed in Richmond.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I carry in St. Louis because it's dangerous.  Jeff City, not so much.
View Quote
Not true. The capital building is a couple blocks from where shootings happen regularly, and within sight of where one of our HTF members got in a shootout.

Still, wandering around the grounds there during the day is pretty safe.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Since I went to the trouble of joining VCDL and donating to its PAC, I might as well go to this rally.

I live in St. Louis so talking to my Representatives would be a waste of time; their answer to all the homicides in north St. Louis is to infringe upon my rights.  I did write the Governor telling him to keep an eye on Krewson who would melt my AR-15 into scrap if given the chance (she's already signed a law prohibiting carrying in city parks --- I'm sure that'll drop the homicide rate).

I wouldn't mind meeting other ARF folk and the like.  I might go down Monday to recon someplace to park.  Not sure about car-pooling as I will probably mill about the Capitol grounds during the rally and then head home.

I presume it is legal to open carry on Capitol grounds.  I have seen that one may only CCW inside the Capitol building with a permit.  I don't have one so I will be staying outside.  Or, in the opinion of others who have attended this rally, or have a vested interested in any organizations represented at the rally, should I come unarmed.  I carry in St. Louis because it's dangerous.  Jeff City, not so much.  And it doesn't look like we need the massive show of force VA needed in Richmond.
View Quote
Never assume you're safe. Always carry!

I was wondering  who was going to open carry as well. I'm not sure if going to bring a rifle and plate carrier yet however.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
Get a CCW. They will look at the number of permits when they weigh their political options.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Get a CCW. They will look at the number of permits when they weigh their political options.
View Quote
Not getting a permit.  They can shove that right up their keysters.

ETA:  I have called my representative and expressed my opinion regarding HJR 91 requiring background checks and a permit to carry CCW.  All state officials representing St. Louis are essentially the same as the most rabid gun-grabbers in VA.  They damn well know that requiring me to have a permit does nothing to stop the gang-bangers from shooting each other (and innocent bystanders) on Goodfellow Blvd.  They just don't want me to have a gun, and if I do they want to milk me for more money.
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Never assume you're safe. Always carry!

I was wondering  who was going to open carry as well. I'm not sure if going to bring a rifle and plate carrier yet however.
View Quote
Meh.  Hard to get worked up about Jeff City when you I was born and raised in STL.  I do get your point, however.

ETA: The rally organizers expressly ask not to show up in "military" gear.  I see no reason to go high profile as was obviously necessary in VA.  For now we're relatively safe in MO.  Could change with one election, however.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:15:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Meh.  Hard to get worked up about Jeff City when you I was born and raised in STL.  I do get your point, however.

ETA: The rally organizers expressly ask not to show up in "military" gear.  I see no reason to go high profile as was obviously necessary in VA.  For now we're relatively safe in MO.  Could change with one election, however.
View Quote
Because they looked cool damn it! Did you see how happy "50 cal guy looked?"

I'm just hoping to have a big turn out. I feel like we need it. This is more than states rights in my opinion. The Constitution is under attack. We said no more when we voted Trump in. They continue to attack it. We need to have a show of force, across the nation to get the point across.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Posted a thread in GD as well
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:50:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm just hoping to have a big turn out. I feel like we need it. This is more than states rights in my opinion. The Constitution is under attack. We said no more when we voted Trump in. They continue to attack it. We need to have a show of force, across the nation to get the point across.
View Quote
Hear hear!
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 10:51:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Hi guys, just now seeing this thread. Been busy with 2 new grandbabies. I plan on being there for sure. Coming from Lees Summit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Ill plan on being there. Tacking stuff at the top of the forum is a horrible idea though. I never pay attention to tacked threads and I know a lot of other people dont either.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 12:01:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Unless something major happens in my life, I'll be there.  Coming from the St. Louis area.

Richmond's situation was / is a pretty big deal that predicated the need for a MASSIVE showing of people with Arms and Kit showing.

.Gov's all over the world took notice even though MSM did their job in keeping that turnout quiet and the facts surrounding that day 'distorted'.

If we show up in record numbers compared to previous years, I have to believe THAT fact alone will send the message 'home', and there shouldn't be a need to be open carrying to the magnitude of Richmond on the 20th.

Anyone have any numbers on the turnout of Pro 2A people at this Rally in years past ?
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#14]
It's been low. An apathy towards legislative gun rights activism always seems to set in right after getting major legislation passed.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:01:06 PM EDT
[#15]
It's been lower than we'd really like, anyway.

If we have a major showing, we may be able to help push through several good bills. I'm very hopeful.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:04:20 PM EDT
[#16]
IL has your back, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's been lower than we'd really like, anyway.

If we have a major showing, we may be able to help push through several good bills. I'm very hopeful.
View Quote
Well what's 'lower than we'd really like' ?

Less than 200?

Less than 500?

Less than 1K ?

What's the number ?

Richmond's past Rally's were about 2K and was nice to have that number from Missouri's past as a comparison to what we can muster by April.

I'm approaching everyone I know to attend.  Even out-of-staters who are close by.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Well what's 'lower than we'd really like' ?

Less than 200?

Less than 500?

Less than 1K ?

What's the number ?

Richmond's past Rally's were about 2K and was nice to have that number from Missouri's past as a comparison to what we can muster by April.

I'm approaching everyone I know to attend.  Even out-of-staters who are close by.
View Quote
I thought I've seen a couple thousand thrown around a couple of times. I could be completely wrong however.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#20]
The pic I posted on the previous page shows about half of the chairs (in 2009), so based on those being full plus standing room, I'd say the count was about 200 that year.
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Ok.

We have about 60 days to bump up these Rookie numbers.

It's ONE day of vacation.

One day of personal leave.

One day of sick time.

One day of making sales calls in the area.

One day of meeting a potential customer to discuss the type of project that you, as a contractor ( or whatever your particular set of skills are ), can write off as a business expense.

Organize car pools.  Renting a bus.  Shuttle.

Printing flyers ?  Posting them up at your LGS ?

Talk up the success that made the whole world take notice when Virginian's mobilized.

Anyone else ?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Ok.

We have about 60 days to bump up these Rookie numbers.

It's ONE day of vacation.

One day of personal leave.

One day of sick time.

One day of making sales calls in the area.

One day of meeting a potential customer to discuss the type of project that you, as a contractor ( or whatever your particular set of skills are ), can write off as a business expense.

Organize car pools.  Renting a bus.  Shuttle.

Printing flyers ?  Posting them up at your LGS ?

Talk up the success that made the whole world take notice when Virginian's mobilized.

Anyone else ?
View Quote
I've asked a couple of guys at work. I'm trying to bring some younger people down there. We need get this younger generation involved! Hanging fliers is my next venture.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:05:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
IL has your back, I'll be there.
View Quote
THANK YOU
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

ETA:  I have called my representative and expressed my opinion regarding HJR 91 requiring background checks and a permit to carry CCW.  All state officials representing St. Louis are essentially the same as the most rabid gun-grabbers in VA.  They damn well know that requiring me to have a permit does nothing to stop the gang-bangers from shooting each other (and innocent bystanders) on Goodfellow Blvd.  They just don't want me to have a gun, and if I do they want to milk me for more money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If every gun owner in your area got a CCW permit, I think the numbers would speak for themselves. If you refuse to do it to spite someone that does not know you are spiting them, I am not sure I see the point. In the end, it is of course your decision..... but I have never really followed the angry guy shaking his fist in the air solution to politics.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:21:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@DetrhoytMAK
View Quote
I never even got this notification. Thanks for trying, though.

I want to go to this rally, but it'll be tough to get out of work, and the MO Carry people sound like a bunch of fags with their dress policy request. That said, I will make an honest effort to go. There's a White Castle in Columbia, after all.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sooooo... plenty of time to save up that PTO, put aside a few $$ for gas money and food.

Anyone heading from east side of the state?

http://www.missouricarry.com/rallyday/

https://www.missouricarry.com/

http://www.missouricarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/RallyFlyer-2020MPS.png
View Quote
I’m on the east side of state and am going to try to attend this.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Good deal!... @postlgrunt said the Coffee Zone holds about 20-24 people and he can let the manager know to set up a table for us. I'll wait till closer to the Rally time before we can set a time to meet.
View Quote
@dab2

That might be enough room for a pre-rally meet. Afterwards it's looking to have several more than that.

In the past we've done Ria's. I see Viets suggested, and it looks appropriate. What other options do we have?  Figure 50-100 isn't an impossible number(I'll personally be bringing 5 or 6).

eta: I've worn BFLs or HTF shirts/hoodies in the past to identify as an arfcommer. Others have too.  After looking through the "screen names/real names" thread I don't think I could remember more than a few of you without nametags or something.  We want to do anything with that?
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#28]
I'll be wearing a HTF t-shirt and/or hoodie, depending on the weather.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:36:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I bought 2 of the site sold shirts. Not sure which run. They've had different offerings.

I still have a few of the original ones from the order you put together that haven't been worn.
Guess I'll bring them and see if any HTF folks are a suitable fit. Otherwise they'll just get moldy in storage.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm thinking a Hawaiian shirt
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I still have a few of the original ones from the order you put together that haven't been worn. Guess I'll bring them and see if any HTF folks are a suitable fit. Otherwise they'll just get moldy in storage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I still have a few of the original ones from the order you put together that haven't been worn. Guess I'll bring them and see if any HTF folks are a suitable fit. Otherwise they'll just get moldy in storage.
Hmmm, what size? If I can wear 'em, I'll buy 'em.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm thinking a Hawaiian shirt
View Quote
 Even GaryM wore subdued colors, and he's known for Hawaiian shirts.
Be bold though. lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:51:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Some of my original Ts have gotten.... worn.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 5:05:49 PM EDT
[#34]
FWIW, I thought I'd offer a little primer for visiting ARFcommers . . . FWIW, I'm a longtime Jeff City resident who now works at the Capitol.

First things first -- There is little chance of any anti-gun legislation passing in Missouri. The Republicans have super majorities in both the House and the Senate. Assuming any of the anti-gun bills get hearings in committee, they won't get passed. No way any of these bills makes it through both chambers and get signed by the governor. It's just not going to happen.

So, come and enjoy the rally, but understand it's not like Virginia. There's no reason for theatrics like trying to bring in AR15s or dressing like a militia. All you need to do is show the legislators that you're paying attention and engaged. That said, I encourage you to stop by your legislator's office before or after the rally. You may not get to talk to the office holder since they may be in committee hearings or in the chamber, but you should at least stop in, introduce yourself and let the staff member know why you're in town -- truthfully, since term limits, the staffers have the power anyway.

If you decide to visit your legislator's offices, you'll find Republican legislators to be sympathetic if not downright enthusiastically supportive of the RKBA. The Democrats, however, are a lost cause. Fortunately, there's not enough of them to advance their agenda. BTW, there are a few vacant seats in the House and three vacant seats in the Senate. Depending on where you live, you might not have a legislator to talk to.

ETA:
On a typical Tuesday, the Senate will go into session at 10 (Senate time means closer to 10:30) but the morning session will be mostly formalities, introductions, etc. They'll probably go back into session around 2 or possibly later if they have something going on that would require a late-night session. Not sure about the House, but it's probably similar. THere are visitor's galleries on the fourth floor if you want to watch proceedings. If you want to catch a legislator, you've got to grab them when they're not in session or a committee hearing.

To look up your legislators, check on the status of a bill, read bill language, see the schedule for the day or for committee hearings, etc:
Missouri Senate Website
Missouri House of Representatives Website

Guns at the Capitol: If you have a CCW permit, you CAN bring your concealed handgun into the Capitol. You'll have to go through the security checkpoint and declare your weapon, but you can carry it in. You cannot take it into a legislative chamber or a hearing room, however. I don't know what the rules are on open carry at the Capitol. I've never seen anyone do it.

Parking -- It's a problem. There is a public parking garage two blocks away from the Capitol. It's on Madison Street. Otherwise, you're looking at street parking and most spots are limited (90 minutes I think). As I recall, the metered spots on E. McCarty street let you park longer (maybe even 10 hours). E. McCarty runs parallel to High Street (the downtown street) just one block away, so it's not a bad walk. (ETA: The farther you are away from the Capitol, the more likely you'll find extended time meters. If it were me, I'd look on Capitol Avenue heading toward the old prison or on E. McCarty between Jefferson and Monroe. Also High Street east of the Monroe/Courthouse. Might be a six to eight block walk but not bad.)

WHat's with the big condom on the Capitol? -- The Capitol is in the middle of a two-year-long restoration project. Basically, a big tuck-pointing, waterproofing job. Consequently, half the Capitol is shrouded in scaffolding and plastic wrap. Sucks, but that's the way it is. The biggest impact is that there aren't many ways to get INTO the Capitol. On the south side of the Capitol, there's a visitor's entrance on the west (left) side of the construction zone. You can probably also go in the basement on the east end.

Capitol Tour -- There's a free 45 minute tour of the Capitol every hour between 9 and 3. You're free to wander around the Capitol on your own but if you go that route you won't see the Thomas Hart Benton mural in the House Lounge. The mural is included on the tour and seeing it is reason enough to take the tour. It truly is stunning and probably the best thing in Jefferson City. (Pro-tip: If you're not on the tour, but happen to step on the door mat in front of the House Lounge (third floor), the doors will open. You're not supposed to be there if not on a tour but . . . (It's a state treasure and probably worth as much as the Capitol itself. Be respectful.)

Other cool areas of the Capitol - The Capitol museum extends into the two wings off the Rotunda on the first floor. On the second floor, above the museum, there's a series of paintings along the balconies. Some of them are interesting -- a couple of them will play tricks on you as you walk past them (Eads Bridge one in particular). If the governor is not in his office, his doors will be open and you can look in. On the third floor, the Rotunda is a great space. The grand staircase on the south side of the building is interesting, too. The legislative library is an interesting space and is open to the public. They have some good texts on gun control legislation on hand. Help yourself to a cup of coffee if you spot the coffee pots near the Senate or House offices. Nobody will say a thing. The House Lounge (on the third floor) is where you'll find the Benton Mural. The fourth floor has access to the visitor galleries for the legislative chambers. The doors are only open when they're in session.

Prison Tour -- one of the most popular attractions in Jefferson City is the tour of the old state prison. Looks like there's ONE tour on April 7, at noon. Don't know how that fits in with the rally, but maybe if you have traveling companions who don't care about the rally . . . Prison tours

Central Dairy -- If you visit Jeff City, you have to go to Central Dairy for ice cream. It's the law.

Food -- The only food inside the Capitol is a small cafe in the basement. Typically, they have a daily special and cold sandwiches. The food is OK but there's not much selection. There are lots of options within walking distance nearby:
Arri's Pizza -- Across the street from the Capitol. Greek pizza. They have a good lunch buffet and a full bar.
Sweet Smoke BBQ -- On High St., one block from Capitol. Surprisingly good.
Madison's -- Two blocks from the Capitol across from the city parking garage on Madison. Upscale Italian. Jeff City's go-to "good" restaurant
The Grand Cafe -- On High St. Another upscale place. Fairly limited menu and a bit pricey but generally good
J Pfenny's -- Sports bar, two blocks down High St. Decent pub food.
Bones in the Alley -- literally in the alley north of High Street. Next door to the back entrance to J Pfenny's Pub food.
Spectator's -- On High St., bar foood
Towne Grill -- Greasy spoon diner place. One block away from Capitol. Open 6 am to 2 p.m. so breakfast or lunch only
Coffee Zone -- On High St. Has greek food, Gyros, etc.
Capitol City Cork -- on High St. Sort of fru-fru, girlie type food.
Saabai-Saabai Thai -- across from Madisons, near the garage
Sawadee Thai -- hole in the wall on High St. Next to the Grand

There's a few other options, a Subway, Jimmie John's, High Rise Bakery, There may also be a food counter in the Governor Office Building and the Jefferson Building. There's a big cafeteria in the Truman State Office building if you want to eat like a state worker (salad bar, sandwich bar, grill and hot plate special every day).

There's a LOT of other restaurants in town if you're willing to drive. A few recommendations for local (non-chain) places:
Ecco Lounge -- just a few blocks from downtown. Great burgers, tenderloins (right around the corner from Central Dairy)
Arri's Bistro -- also close to downtown, greek pasta, gyros, etc. a bit fru-fru
Love Sushi -- a legit Sushi place
Lutz's BBQ -- on the side of a gas station on the west end of town, but good.
El Espolon/El Jimador -- there are Mexican places all over town. Typical small town Mexican places. Decent.
Vietnamese -- don't know the name but there's a Vietnamese place in the strip mall on Missouri Blvd, across from McDonalds
Hunan -- Probably the best Chinese restaurant in town -- same strip mall as the Vietnamese place. There's also a few other poorer quality Chinese places, including a couple of all-you-can eat buffets that tend to show up on the health inspection reports.
Paddy Malone's -- Legit Irish pub, but it doesn't open until 3. If you're still in town, they have great burgers and a terrific pub atmosphere.
Oscar's Diner -- think 1960s era diner. Burgers, blue plate specials. Breakfast all day.
Prison Brews -- our local brew house. I think it sucks but some folks like it.
JQ's on High -- hole in the wall and only seats about 10 people but decent food
Theo's Midtown -- Greek pizza, about three blocks from Capitol
Ria's -- big greek place can accommodate larger groups -- I think they have a buffet
Quite a few local pizza places -- Kate and Alley's on Missouri Blvd, The Pizza Company on E. McCarty (buffet),  West Main Pizza

Chains restaurants --
Longhorns, Applebees', Ruby Tuesday, Red Lobster, Colton's Steakhouse, Texas Roadhouse, Big Whiskey (big wait is more like it)
Tons of fast food places. Drive Missouri Blvd and you'll hit most of them.

Gun Shops, etc.
Bogg's Creek -- traditional gun shop, reloading gear, the long-time owner just retired and his grandson is running the place so it's in transition
Bob's Guns -- outside of town (about 6-8 miles west), grouchy old guy but some interesting stuff. Lots of knives Pretty sure it's closed on Tuesdays.
Ammo Alley -- across the bridge, up Highway 63 a bit -- not much there but he does have an indoor range
PCA Guns -- emphasis on handguns and tactical rifle. Mostly new stuff
Trigger Firearms and Reloading -- brand new shop, almost entirely new stuff, lots of handguns. They're still figuring it out.
House of Bargains -- old fashioned small town department store with a gun counter, not much to recommend it, but they do carry a good assortment of steel targets that are made locally
Family Pawn -- a fair number of used guns, usually over-priced
River City Pawn -- guns here, too
Trim's Pawn -- guns but not many
Other gun sellers: Two Walmarts, Dunham Sports (at the Mall), Orschelin Farm and Home Store, Dick's Sporting Goods

Gun Ranges --
United Sportsmans Club -- The main shooting range in Jeff City is private/membership only, so that's not an option unless you find a member to take you. Handgun or rimfire only during the week.
Scrivner Road Conservation Area -- there is a public range about 15 miles south of town
Ammo Alley -- Indoor range north of town

A couple of other things to do/see in Jefferson City (I can't vouch for these, as I have not visited):
Museum of Missouri Military History . . . http://www.moguard.com/public-affairs/museum-of-missouri-military-history/
Highway Patrol Museum . . . . https://www.visitmo.com/things-to-do/colonel-alvin-r-lubker-memorial-safety-education-center
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:17:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
FWIW, I thought I'd offer a little primer for visiting ARFcommers . . . FWIW, I'm a longtime Jeff City resident who now works at the Capitol.

[b]First things first ...
View Quote
Great post!  

@67Firebird, since I'm your wheels for the rally, anywhere you want to go before or afterwards is cool with me.  I'm planning on taking the day off work, so just consider me your private chauffeur for the day.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 12:11:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@67Firebird, since I'm your wheels for the rally, anywhere you want to go before or afterwards is cool with me.  I'm planning on taking the day off work, so just consider me your private chauffeur for the day.
View Quote
Sounds like fun! We'll have to see what you like too, and go from there. Thank you.

To go along with the great post that Bladeswitcher made, here's a few old pics. (He's in some, if you know who you're lookin' for).

Paddy Malones;
Attachment Attached File

Kate and Allys
Attachment Attached File

A couple times at Prison Brews;
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I like Arris but I can't find the pics I took there.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
...of you without nametags or We want to do anything with that?
View Quote
What the poor folks from flyover country dont get equivalent silent brigade patches...
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 7:11:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What the poor folks from flyover country dont get equivalent silent brigade patches...
View Quote
If only we had a thread about a MOHTF patch. Perhaps those would be a good idea.

Link Posted: 2/4/2020 11:51:23 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#40]
My wife and I definitely want to meet someplace after the rally. Mainly to get to meet as many of you all as we can. I know since we, Becky and I, are new Missourians we definitely want to meet our Rep and Senator if possible; so time will have to be considered for that.

I especially want to meet with fellow Arfcomer's from the NE side of the state to link up and go on hikes and such together. We have Mark Twain National Park to hike which has lots of trails to hike.

Becky and I are still planning on going to the 'Coffee Zone' to have breakfast before the rally. I understand that not everyone will fit into that place but for those of you in the know we should eventually decide on a nice big place to meet after the rally to link up and talk. We are certainly looking forward to this rally.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#41]
I plan on being there.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

[b]First things first --]
View Quote
Thank you for the enlightenment!

See you there.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok Friends.

I have a line on a couple shuttles that, combined, will have close to 70 seats.

Cost is gas and paying the driver(s).  Working on exact price once we determine where the pick up/drop off is and for how long we would be gone, but right now it's looking at about $10-$15 per seat if we're gone for 12 hours.

Leaving from the St. Louis area.

Need a headcount by March 20th.

IM or post here if you, your families, and friends would like to reserve seats.

Let's have a sizeable showing this year.. and every year going forward, to keep the Anti's on their heels.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ok Friends.

Cost is gas and paying the driver(s).  Working on exact price once we determine where the pick up/drop off is and for how long we would be gone, but right now it's looking at about $10-$15 per seat if we're gone for 12 hours.

Let's have a sizeable showing this year.. and every year going forward, to keep the Anti's on their heels.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Ok Friends.

View Quote
IM sent for 1.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Got it !!!

I’m getting good feedback off line and outside of ARF !!!

Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:44:08 PM EDT
[#47]
KCMO guys want to see what I can find in a bus as well?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 12:45:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Either way works for me.....
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
While a shuttle/bus sounds good. I do not mind driving. Having a shuttle/bus might help some people get there that might not go otherwise.

ETA: I am in KC.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
While a shuttle/bus sounds good. I do not mind driving. Having a shuttle/bus might help some people get there that might not go otherwise.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a bad drive, but a shuttle would almost be worth it just to avoid the parking hassle.  Bladeswitcher already mentioned it in his post up above, but parking around the Capitol ain't great.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top