Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2017 11:09:25 AM EDT
[url=http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-family-members-plead-for-help-in-solving-st-louis/article_a9a9b5a5-497f-5a2a-a78b-18472ec22b7e.html]http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-family-members-plead-for-help-in-solving-st-louis/article_a9a9b5a5-497f-5a2a-a78b-18472ec22b7e.html

Clipped form the article.
""Jones said she is convinced her son’s death had nothing to do with
[/url]a drive-by shooting in the city days earlier that injured him. She said he suffered a “flesh wound” and was released from the hospital
the same night he was shot, Aug. 19, on Page Boulevard in St. Louis.
Jones declined to say why she thinks the two shootings are unrelated. She
said she has several theories about why her son was killed in the North
County home
but declined to say in an interview with the Post-Dispatch.
""

When your son gets shot in a drive by, then a few days later someone finishes him and everyone (woman and kid) in the house off, something stinks...
I don't believe in coincidences...

Also, the fact that you have several theories on your sons death...  Either you're a tinfoil crack pot, or your son is into some shit you don't want to talk about...

That said, I do hate to hear of people being murdered, especially the young 10 yr old kid.

This story caught my eye as Glassgow is only a few streets from my house I just moved from and the house I grew up in...    I used to walk those streets and dated a few girls that lived a street over on each side of the street this happened on...  When I was in H.S. I knew a few folks that live on the street it happened on...
Shits Brutal...

The last few years I lived there I was never really scared, but I was always cautious and armed...
Every few nights when I'd go for a walk (usually a few blocks or so for exercise) I always wondered, would I be mugged or jumped/ targeted because I was white and they assumed I was a weak target.

For many reasons, I am so glad to be out of there.... 
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that a lot in your old neighborhood or is that all that was reported?

Always happy to see another member of the "Damn glad I got the hell out of StL" club out there, proves you are a smart man.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
[url=http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-family-members-plead-for-help-in-solving-st-louis/article_a9a9b5a5-497f-5a2a-a78b-18472ec22b7e.html]http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/police-family-members-plead-for-help-in-solving-st-louis/article_a9a9b5a5-497f-5a2a-a78b-18472ec22b7e.html

Clipped form the article.
""Jones said she is convinced her son’s death had nothing to do with
[/url]a drive-by shooting in the city days earlier that injured him. She said he suffered a “flesh wound” and was released from the hospital
the same night he was shot, Aug. 19, on Page Boulevard in St. Louis.
Jones declined to say why she thinks the two shootings are unrelated. She
said she has several theories about why her son was killed in the North
County home
but declined to say in an interview with the Post-Dispatch.
""

When your son gets shot in a drive by, then a few days later someone finishes him and everyone (woman and kid) in the house off, something stinks...
I don't believe in coincidences...

Also, the fact that you have several theories on your sons death...  Either you're a tinfoil crack pot, or your son is into some shit you don't want to talk about...

That said, I do hate to hear of people being murdered, especially the young 10 yr old kid.

This story caught my eye as Glassgow is only a few streets from my house I just moved from and the house I grew up in...    I used to walk those streets and dated a few girls that lived a street over on each side of the street this happened on...  When I was in H.S. I knew a few folks that live on the street it happened on...
Shits Brutal...

The last few years I lived there I was never really scared, but I was always cautious and armed...
Every few nights when I'd go for a walk (usually a few blocks or so for exercise) I always wondered, would I be mugged or jumped/ targeted because I was white and they assumed I was a weak target.

For many reasons, I am so glad to be out of there.... 
View Quote

I don't think anyone would think you're a weak target

Spooky stuff though.....I'm glad we don't have much to worry about down here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 9:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that a lot in your old neighborhood or is that all that was reported?

Always happy to see another member of the "Damn glad I got the hell out of StL" club out there, proves you are a smart man.
View Quote
Hey man, long time no hear!!!

TL/DR

Not sure by what you mean by a lot or all that was reported.  For that event or in general... 

That, that happened in Glasgow was a bit rare, where it sounds like there may have been a previous conflict and someone still wasn't happy, so they kicked in the door and executed everyone in the house...  I think 
it was completely planned (in payback or retaliation for something) and not just a random crime...

In my old neighborhood (The Village of Riverview Gardens) itself, there are a lot of Muggings, backdoor/ basement window break ins, lots of empty homes robbed for their copper plumbing and wiring, lots of vehicle break ins and theft, common reports of gunfire, but not a lot of Murders, the St. Loius area as a whole (North St. Louis County and St. Louis City) its real pocketey (If that's a word), meaning tons of small neighborhoods Riverview, Glasgow, Spanish Lake, Bellfountain, Baden,, Berkley, Hazzelwood, Florissant, Jennings, Ferguson, etc.. etc..  Those are some of the Hoods within a 20 min drive or less from my old neighborhood Riverview...   My old area has always been bad for car break ins and home robberies , but these last few years my god, its just out of control...

In many of them, there are Murders every single day, Especially when you cross over into City or the Hoods closer too it...    You can hardly go three days without a Murder (or 3) or at least a few Gun shot victims.

The last few years before I moved I was trying to be more involved and went to many of the Village Monthly meetings with the Mayor, alderpeople, village lawyer, etc, etc..  All the heads that run the Municipality...

Aside from being stubborn and not willing to change, hear or do anything to improve the neighborhood, they have all but given up when it comes to crime... (Aside from the occasional Grass too high or trash cans down too long tickets) they mostly just catch and release.

From talking to them and from what they say, It seems that they do not have a big enough Police force to patrol the neighborhood and run the Rivervierw Jail... I guess there is some ordnance or law that they can't leave the prisoners locked up in the jail unattended for very long, so as soon as they arrest someone and do whatever paperwork and processing that they do, they transfer the arrested to Jennings and or St. Louis County in Clayton...  Apparently they are charged for housing and transport for each prisoner..

From what they say, unless the arrested person has committed (or been arrested for)  a ""Federal Offense", they'll pretty much be set free in a few hours as the DA or PA of St. Louis county is playing the politics game and is in fear of being called racist, so they turn them loose...

They will literally catch someone shooting up on Diamond Dr (one of the worst Hot Spots of Criminal activity) in the neighborhood and in less than 24 hours, that person is out doing shit again...

The Criminals are not smart enough to get jobs, but they sure know how to work and abuse the system around there.

I at one point was almost asked to leave because I raised my voice several times told them, "Look all you folks up there on your village perch are getting old and are not going to be around here, at least not in any working capacity for many more years (one of them was absent in the hospital another on oxygen at this meeting), IF you don't want to work to do things, fight the crime, make things better and bring property values back up, why don't you just step down?  It can't be a money thing as the reports show, you all only make a few hundred a month for whatever it is you do.  I don't know if you feel like the position makes you powerful or is a status symbol, but this is not working."    We have the same conversations every month, same excuses, same crap...  Nothng other than a few parking tickets gets written or a few street signs moved around, that generate more parking tickets...  

There was much laughter and agreement from the other residents in the crowd, then they board started wisecracking about dying off or rolling out in their wheel chairs, but nothing changed...
After about three years of regular meetings, when I saw a chance to move, I jumped on it...

About the ony time I got back to St. Louis is too go to my Dads, Cabelas, Graffs Reloading or my favorite steak house over in Chesterfield...  

I just wish I could two of my best/longtime friends, my dad and sister down here...   One of my friends actually made it part way, he just moved to Imperial I think it is...
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone would think you're a weak target

Spooky stuff though.....I'm glad we don't have much to worry about down here.
View Quote
LOL...  You'd be surprised... 
One time in H.S., as I was getting harassed by a Choir Boy (as well call them) he put up his fists and started kinda dancing around and said, I guess, Imma show dis white boy how ta fight, we all know none of them can do shit"...

After we started trading blows and I either blocked or just took his punches, and it was obvious I wasn't the one being taught about 5 or 6 more of his Choir Buddies jumped me...  That's how I got that nice Unlucky Lump in my nose...  They held my arms behind my back and he punched me a few times...  Several of them when to the nurses office then home.  I got suspended for using martial arts (what little I knew I guess)...  Cause you know, I coulda hurt someone...  Exact words from the Principle... Of course, they meant me no harm... Na...

But yea I love it down here......  Whole different world....   I still try to be aware of anyone walking around me or approaching, lock my car and house when I am not in them, unlike a lot of folks down here that I know...  :)

Shit the other day, we went in C-Barn and April not only left the windows down, but left the car running and her purse on the seat.  I'm like WTF...  She said, Don't worry, You're not in the city anymore... 

I said maybe not, but Crime happens where ever it can get a chance...  Its like water or lightning, it normally looks for the path of least resistance.... She said, you're just paranoid..
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 8:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One time in H.S., as I was getting harassed by a Choir Boy (as well call them) he put up his fists and started kinda dancing around and said, I guess, Imma show dis white boy how ta fight, we all know none of them can do shit"...

After we started trading blows and I either blocked or just took his punches, and it was obvious I wasn't the one being taught about 5 or 6 more of his Choir Buddies jumped me...  That's how I got that nice Unlucky Lump in my nose...  They held my arms behind my back and he punched me a few times...  Several of them when to the nurses office then home.  I got suspended for using martial arts (what little I knew I guess)...  Cause you know, I coulda hurt someone...  Exact words from the Principle... Of course, they meant me no harm... Na...

But yea I love it down here......  Whole different world....   I still try to be aware of anyone walking around me or approaching, lock my car and house when I am not in them, unlike a lot of folks down here that I know...  :)

Shit the other day, we went in C-Barn and April not only left the windows down, but left the car running and her purse on the seat.  I'm like WTF...  She said, Don't worry, You're not in the city anymore... 

I said maybe not, but Crime happens where ever it can get a chance...  Its like water or lightning, it normally looks for the path of least resistance.... She said, you're just paranoid..
View Quote
Yeah the way they roam in packs can get ugly real quick. I had a few less than great experiences with that back in SC.

Back in '03 my dad left his keys in his truck at a gas station in Farmington. He came out to see his truck driving away. They stole thousands of dollars in tools out of it and burnt the truck to the ground. It was a beautiful square body Chevy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah damn cowards can't fight without their friends getting involved.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah damn cowards can't fight without their friends getting involved.
View Quote
This is true...

I've never had to fight one, one on one...  Its always been several of them picking on me or someone till it escalates into a jumping, or one of them will be the lead shit talker and start throwing the punches, then when he starts getting beat, the rest jump on like feeding time at the zoo...

In H.S. or all the years after, I've never had a confrontation with single Choir Boy, its always been 3s or more...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top