Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2017 6:31:38 PM EDT
Will be staying in Wentzville Mo. Fri-Sun and would like to find a really good steak place. We have all the usual chain restaurants here and would I really would like to try something a little better. Maybe something local? Appreciate any suggestions.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#1]
West Allen Grill in Wentzville. About the only thing non-chain.

The steaks are good but their prime rib as amazing. It's available Friday and Saturday. It's some of the best prime rib I've had anywhere.

There is a place that was just built this year called Stone Summit. I've been once. Was disappointed. Maybe they were just getting the bugs ironed out at the time being so new but I haven't been back. More upscale both in interior decor and price.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:32:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorites in order:

1. Stoney River in Chesterfield (by far my favorite)  Aside from the phenomenal Steaks, they have this Tomato Salad, its Slices of Tomato on fresh slices of Mozzarella Cheese , with some type of Vinegar reduction sauce...   And the Bread and Butter are like Crack!!!!
2. Annie Gunn in Chesterfield
3 Tuckers in South County

I used to work for a company that we bought a few million a year in Carrier Class Network Gear from Cisco, so they would often send Account Managers in to Schmooze us....  In doing so, they would take us too all the nice steak houses and bars, order whatever we want and pick up the tab...  So, I got to go to pretty much all the Top Steak houses in Missouri, Madison Wi. and Denver Co. 
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I very much appreciate the suggestions. I will definitely be trying one of these. Maybe even two! Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:53:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want to get some phenomenal BBQ, look up Big Woody's BBQ in St. Charles.  It isn't too far down the highway from where you will be.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
All the Above are good

Additionally

2 non-chain restaurants with excellent steaks are:  Tony's in downtown Alton IL and Clancey's at Barn of Lucerne.  

Of course Ruth Chris and Morton's need to be mentioned.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 9:14:46 AM EDT
[#7]
If you're trying to stay local, here's a good one about 10-15 minutes from Wentzville.

http://corkandbarrel.com/

I'm a snob when it comes to restaurants, and I was pretty impressed with this place.  Good sized portions for the money, they have homemade bread that they don't charge you for, very good balance of flavors, I just wish it was closer to me!!  (Edit:  I don't think it's on the online menu, but they usually have prime rib on Friday and Saturday nights that's roasted on a XXL Big Green Egg......first come, first served on it.)

There are some other good places as you venture into St. Louis, but you're talking more $$$$, riots, etc.

Al's, Annie Gunn's, Spiro's, Kries's, Tuckers, and Reed's, all really good.  Nothing against Morton's or Ruth's Chris's, but they're more of a national/franchised place for tourists.  Good steak (as it should be for $50-60), but $12 if you want a baked potato or 3-4 sprigs of asparagus.  There are a lot better local family owned restaurants if you ask around (which you did.)
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#8]
It's not local to Wentzville, but I'd make the drive for it.

https://www.kreissteakhouse.com/

Consider the prime rib instead of a steak.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 10:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Brass rail in ofallon.  USDA prime steak at great price.   Just no white table cloths.
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Too late?

Try Harry J's just up 61 in Moscow Mills.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top