Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2005 1:28:43 PM EDT
At least for me. Some of you know I recently moved to Arnold from St. Charles, I know it seems a bit backwards (especially since Jefferson county tends democat and St. Charles tends republican) but I was pleasantly surprised today. I dropped by the Sheriffs office to get a pistol purchase permission slip and whadja know, I got it there on the spot! For those in more reasonable parts of the state St. Charles (and St. Louis) residents have to apply for their purchase permit snd then wait ten days for approval, no exceptions, not even if you have a sh**box full of guns already. Well JeffCo is a hell of a lot better. Just go in, fill out the form, cough a a ten spot and away you go permit in hand.
Ok, so I still am not fond of the whole damn process of having to get permission at least here it is quick and easy.

BTW, for those interested the object of this permit is a SS Ruger Security Six in .357 magnum, I really like my redhawk but that darn gun is huge and heavy!
Now the question is which should I use for my CCW, the Browning Highpower or the Security Six????
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I to live in arnold, and was suprised how easy it was to get a permit.  I previously lived in st. francois county and I had to find like 3 people to vouch for my character it was funny to me.  
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It's only 5 days in StL County, but it still stinks big time.  The only consolation is that I work in Downtown Clayton, so I can apply for a permit during lunch one day and pick it up during lunch the following week.   It's really the only good reason to work in downtown Clayton, other than the fact that that's where the money is, of course.

BTW: What's the barrel length on the Ruger Security Six?
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
At least for me. Some of you know I recently moved to Arnold from St. Charles, I know it seems a bit backwards (especially since Jefferson county tends democat and St. Charles tends republican) but I was pleasantly surprised today. I dropped by the Sheriffs office to get a pistol purchase permission slip and whadja know, I got it there on the spot! For those in more reasonable parts of the state St. Charles (and St. Louis) residents have to apply for their purchase permit snd then wait ten days for approval, no exceptions, not even if you have a sh**box full of guns already. Well JeffCo is a hell of a lot better. Just go in, fill out the form, cough a a ten spot and away you go permit in hand.
Ok, so I still am not fond of the whole damn process of having to get permission at least here it is quick and easy.

BTW, for those interested the object of this permit is a SS Ruger Security Six in .357 magnum, I really like my redhawk but that darn gun is huge and heavy!
Now the question is which should I use for my CCW, the Browning Highpower or the Security Six????

Used to be like that in Phelps County.  Then they changed it to a mandatory wait (3 business days, I think) and said it was "because of the new computer system not being able to handle it", which was a horrible excuse since the OLD system could do it without any problems.  I think the real raeason was election politics - one of those "see, I did something about the 'crime' problem here" things.
Link Posted: 11/28/2005 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I could never trust my ability to thumb the safty on my Hi-power in an emergency, wish it had a 1911 safety....  There is never anything wrong with six for sure.
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Used to be like that in Phelps County.  Then they changed it to a mandatory wait (3 business days, I think) and said it was "because of the new computer system not being able to handle it", which was a horrible excuse since the OLD system could do it without any problems.  I think the real raeason was election politics - one of those "see, I did something about the 'crime' problem here" things.

When did this happen?  I went against my own principles and got one earlier this year and got the permit the same day (Saturday).  Did this recently change?
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#7]
It's 1 week in Jackson county.
And the hours make it inconvinient.  8-5 M-F.
Kinda hard to make it to the sherriffs office when you work 8-5, which most people do.
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 6:49:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's 1 week in Jackson county.
And the hours make it inconvinient.  8-5 M-F.
Kinda hard to make it to the sherriffs office when you work 8-5, which most people do.

That's why they do it that way.
Link Posted: 12/3/2005 4:59:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I originally moved to Jefferson County MO from a free state.  I was pretty unimpressed about having to get a permit for the "privilege" of buying a handgun.  At least it wasn't too big of a hassle.  I could just go into the police substation next to the grocery store and walk out 15 minutes later with their silly permit thingee.  

Now I live in St. Louis Co.  But you already know what that's like.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:18:25 AM EDT
[#10]
I may be moving back to MO from TX in the next several months.  I simply can't believe this permit system is still in place.  Have any efforts been made to repeal it?
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 8:43:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I may be moving back to MO from TX in the next several months.  I simply can't believe this permit system is still in place.  Have any efforts been made to repeal it?

I think theres been a couple of trys at passing ligastion
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:55:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess theres an advantage to living in the country, here in stoddard co. its 5.00, 5 min. anytime any day, blank permits is no problem.

Russ

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top