Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2003 8:59:26 PM EDT
I'm thinking about making up a shirt or something if I can make it on Saturday.  I have some material I can cut out on my plotter that I can heat transfer onto shirts.

If there isn't a set logo I can make up a few different ones that people could vote on.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
No not officially...

We do have a webpage, or two...

I'll post the links here (got to locate them first)...

modcc.simplesitespro.com/

modcc.port5.com/

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking at the site earlier today and it didn't look like there was anything made up specifically for a logo.  

I'll probably draw something up tomorrow evening and post it on here.  But then again... if I get to where I don't have anything going on during the day I might mess with it.  

Well.... I didn't see the second link.  The MP5 would be cool in a logo, but I think most people have an AR... or two... or three.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Since my tactical vest has velcro on the back and over the chest pockets - where LE's could put a "POLICE" or "SWAT" sticker on their equipment.
I wanted to come up with a "MODCC TACTICAL" patch...
Using Agency FB font...

Can you do this???
I've got a drawing file I could send you - where do I send it???

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:00:17 PM EDT
[#4]
E-mail sent

Will that piece stand up to 350 degrees?  It will have to be flat too.  I have a heat press that is about 15" x 15" or so.  Maybe I could put it on some other material and it can be sewn on like a patch.

Send me a picture of what your vest looks like if you get a chance.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:35:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Vest looks like this...

www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=1919&d=1

Note the patch over the left breast pocket...

Would be cool to have one read "MODCC"...

Larger Patch on the back that read
"TACTICAL"
"MODCC"

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 1:45:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't receive your email, Stick...

I'll resend the IM, just in case I fat-fingered the email addy...

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 3:41:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I was talking to Chris about this a while ago and forgot all about the one I showed him.

Here are two more I worked up this morning.
I like the patch idea cutter!

These took me a whopping 20 30 minutes to do...so if there is anyone wanting specific stuff (like the leader) please tell me and I'll oblige. I love design and it comes very natural to me being an artist.
What do you all think?
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:08:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Those look cool!  

The first and third ones are what I can use on my machine since it has to be solid colors.

The first one with the state outline would be good for the back of a shirt and the third one would be perfect for a left chest print.

What program are you working with for your files?  I'm going to move the MODCC on the third one to the top of the shield and see what it looks like.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 4:27:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Cutter75:

As far as the MODCC on the front of that vest can it be heated up or would it have to be printed on some material and sewed on?

METALMAN:

Ok, check it out with the MODCC at the top.  Now the bottom side of it needs some work.

PICTURE REMOVED TO HELP PEOPLE ON DIAL-UP...That is if anybody still uses that.

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Stickerman,
I like where you put the text.
I use Photoshop predominately, so i can save it in pretty much any format you need. Let me make some really clean copy for you (larger files). Those were just real fast sketches I did this morning before work. I saved them in real small JPEG files so I could upload them to the gunsnet photo archive. It usually never lets me upload anything more than 100k.
If you want to e-mail me I can zap you back some higher resolution files in whatever format you are needing.
[email protected]
I can as well work on more designs if people don't like these! I just need a little time to do them. I have been freakin frantic with the wife in school. I know what being a single parent is like now! Whew!
Anyway...I'de really like to hear the rest of the clan's input on these first designs!!!
What should be changed? What should be added? Stickerman you seem to be artistic enough to pump out a few yourself!!

Marshall
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:01:21 PM EDT
[#11]
HERES ANOTHER LITTLE QUICKIE

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 2:14:34 PM EDT
[#12]
If we stick to solids and no shading I can make up shirts and stuff without having them sent out to be screenprinted.  That's why those two you did were just about perfect.  

If you draw them up and scan them into bitmaps I can convert them into vector format which the plotter needs to follow the outlines.  

I have some spare sweatshirts I can use to make a sample so you guys can see what it will look like.  I was thinking about putting my board name under the logo on the left chest.

As far as the rifle silhouettes go I have those in the computer already so you don't have to worry about making those look very clean if you want to design something with those.  

Later this evening I'll play around with some ideas if I get a chance.  Today is my wife's birthday so we'll probably go to the movies or something.  We already went out for lunch and I bought her some flowers and stuff so I'm half way there on being the "good husband" for the day.  Don't want to screw that up, LOL.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#13]
The fists look too much like a swastika to me guys.  

On the other hand, I'm thinking that a pirate-type skull and crossbones, with M4 carbines being the bones, might make a cool patch.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

On the other hand, I'm thinking that a pirate-type skull and crossbones, with M4 carbines being the bones, might make a cool patch.

Agreed...
Slightly militant looking...

Skull would be OK, or not - as the Army/Navy/Marines use it alot...

But, I like both basic designs - absolutely...

Duke Maybe just the crossed carbines - kind of like the cavalry swords...

Stickman
Missouri on back - Shield could go on either sleeve as a shoulder patch - Board name on front (left breast pocket)...

Like the idea overall - I'd order MODCC shirts, would love a sweatshirt with logo...

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:40:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I agree on the fists.  I just imagine what the press would do with that.  The next thing you know we'd be on some list over at the SPLC (Southern Poverty Law Center) if we are not already. (Hi, Morrie!

Jeff D.
Another God D*mn lawyer.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#16]
I think the skull might be a little too much.  Not that it would bother me any, but if there are pictures floating around the net with a bunch of guys wearing shirts with skulls on them and shooting up man size/shape targets they may use it as anti-gun propoganda.

Here is that same logo idea without the fists and two carbines crossed.  If I make all of these myself and don't have them screenprinted I can change the rifles to any style.

http://home.swbell.net/graphicx/gunstuff/modcc.jpg
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe it would be better if we had our real name on the badges?  More professional, not that anything we do is professional, just a hell of a lot of fun.  Dunno just a thought.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:40:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I just threw them on there to give some idea of what it would look like.  Once the design is closer to being finished I could make up one with everybody's name to show what they would look like.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:15:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey can we have one of the rifles be an AK or HK or whatever. i know this is the AR forums but we all have different weapons (right HKocher?)!  Now that i see the changed logo i kinda want to work on some new ones...it seems a little sparse. Maybe we should stick with the state as the shape to define us a little clearer. The badge seems a little police like to me. And trust me , me and John law dissagree on a lot! Maybe i should have thought that one out a little more.
I think I definately want to make us as separate from some sort of 'OFFICIAL' anything as possible...because we aren't officials in any way right? We are a bunch of people who like having a good time with our firearms! Thats it right?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:15:58 PM EDT
[#20]
I like the second set of designs better, the ones with the crossed M4 carbines. I also agree with making one of the rifles an AK type, we are the Missouri Defensive Carbine Club, not the Missouri Defensive AR15 Club. And for that same reason I also agree for using our real, not our Arfcom names. We do have some non-Arfcoms members also, what name would they use?
Anyway, this is just a thought but how about an outline of missouri instead of a shield for the framing?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll work on changing some of that stuff around this evening.  I have the other rifles that I can put on the logo.  I'll see what it looks like with the outline of the state also.

We can use two different logos.... one for the front left chest on a shirt and one for the back.  I was thinking the shield on the front and the state outline on the back.

As far as the names go I've always had the nick name "Stickerman" since that's basically what I do for a living.  It would just be a matter of preference.

It's good to have input from everybody on the design so it's not just one person's decision.  I always like to start off with a design and let my customer give some feedback when I am making signs.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#22]
OK ....I'm done.....I am so tired I can't hardly type let alone do anything else.

How do single parents do it?   I am so freakin tired!!!!

Stickerman this is all yours.....I have to save my energy for family....oh...and shooting!!! ;)

I am definately goin shootin this saturday! Hope to see some of the clan!!! You all can make fun of the bags under my eyes!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I like the crossed carbines, Stickman...
Personally, since all I own are AR-15's I like the crossed AR's, but that's just me...

You could change one to an AK...  on HKocher's patch you could put an AR-15, and an HK...

I'd like my board name under the shield, and I personally do not think the shield is "too official" looking - especially if it is in the form of a shoulder patch...
That is why I suggested it be moved to the right or left shoulder - it would function just like a unit patch does in the military...

Like the Missouri state logo on the back...

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#24]
WOW.  I'm in!  Good job, guys.  Man, do I appreciate the work you guys do!!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok, I've been busy and haven't had much of a chance to mess with this stuff.  

Cutter75  Do you know if you can get the patches that are blank that fit on your vest?  I just did some for my neighbor that's a bounty hunter.  I had the upholstery shop sew back on his velcro tabs since I had to take them off since my heat transfer press has to be at 350 degrees.

I might be able to get some material and then have it sewn together if needed.

When I get a chance I'll mess with the logos again.  

Curtis
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#26]
There is an embroidery shop right across the street from me...

They said if I supplied the material - they could make a MODCC patch for $10.00 with the Velcro...

I'll have one made, and bring it to the next shoot...

You can focus on the logo & shirts...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top