Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2003 10:13:54 AM EDT
Yesterday, as some of you might have heard, we lost some more Americans to a car bombing.  Well, I went to school with one of those men, and even trained in martial arts with him under a local police officer.  Can't say we were like close friends or anything, but still.  Kinda at that loss of words stage right now.  Like they say, this war is on tv so much, it almost seems like it is just a movie at times.  It hurts when Americans die for the call of their country, but I think it does hurt more when you knew one of them.

To all of you who have served and are serving, Thank You again.

Link to the newspaper article

God rest your soul John
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
/me salutes.

Its their job to go out there and put their asses on the line so we can sit in comfort and security posting on the internet.

Its our job to make sure that our country doesn't pull the rug out from under them and let the peacenik hippies take over while they are gone.

Nuff said.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I feel ya man.  

I learned at drill this weekend that one of my bro's got grenaded by his own interpretor in Iraq.  
Tore up his legs pretty bad, but he is okay.  

We're having a big ceremony for him next drill.  A General is coming, yadayada...

Anyways, I can hardly believe it. This guy was like a plumber or something, then the next day he is at war.

Oh, and he shot the guy w/ the M9 after being wounded!

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#3]
May God confort and guide him in his everlasting light.

One for my brothers.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My deepest condolences.
I know what it is like to lose someone to enemy fire. Nothing you can do now except honor his memory and make sure the perpetrator pays.
I wish I could say more but there is nothing left to say, only thing left is to do something about it and what needs to be done, needs to be done.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:35:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Very sorry to hear about your friend.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top