BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here's the official state tally by county - 29 cases reported as of March 16th 4:25 pm.  
htp://alabamapublichealth.gov/infectiousdiseases/2019-coronavirus.html
View Quote

Now 489 cases in Alabama.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Gov MeeMaw announced schools are closed thru the end of the school year...
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Dr. Scott Harris says that they are investigating multiple other deaths.

8% of known cases hospitalized. Median age is 47 for patients with infection.  Age range is less than 1 to 97.
Half of hospitalized in ICU. 1/3rd of those on ventilators.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sad for those who participate in springtime extracurricular activities (sports, prom, etc.), as well as those graduating.

Thankfully, my sons are already done with HS and colleges, but my daughter-in-law to be got caught in this; she has just finished pharmacy school and AU has told her that graduation ceremonies are cancelled. All that money spent on a doctoral program and no celebration from the school, but hey, AU got their money anyway.

Link Posted: 3/26/2020 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t know how that will impact me trying to find a job for next school year...
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:32:59 PM EDT
[#6]
We usually have 1k+ people coming in every day to work.  It is now way less people that have to be on site to do their jobs.  99% of the rest are working from home.  I manage distribution, I am on site every day.  The 20 or so people that I manage are going about their daily tasks like nothing has changed.  We are sanitizing stuff often and have limited access for truck drivers but everything is pretty normal so far.  UPS, FedEx, and the LTL guys have been great and understand the limitations we have placed on them.  

And FWIW, I could work from home.  I chose not to because I will not ask my team to go in, while I camp out at home.  Our CFO had been at work every day this week as well.  Others in the C suite may have been there but I don't know what they drive.....

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:33:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Alabama limit on ventilators discriminates against intellectually disabled, advocates claim

Alabama's plan to prioritize who gets a ventilator in a pandemic is facing a legal and ethical challenge, as advocates argue it's unlawful and unfair to keep people with intellectual and developmental disabilities off the list.

"You're singling out a group of people and the policy is really based on a value judgment that the lives of people with cognitive or intellectual disabilities are less worth living," Rhonda Brownstein, legal director of the Alabama Disabilities Advocacy Program, said in a phone interview Wednesday.

As AL.com reported on Tuesday, the Alabama Department of Public Health issued an updated version of the protocol, dubbed "Criteria for Mechanical Ventilator Triage Following Proclamation of Mass-Casualty Respiratory Emergency," in 2010. It outlines statewide recommendations for how hospitals should manage access to ventilators during a severe health crisis like a pandemic.

It lists a number of health conditions that could lead to a patient being denied access to a ventilator in an overwhelmed Alabama hospital during a health emergency. The health issues include heart attack, metastatic cancer, "severe or profound mental retardation," "moderate to severe dementia," and "severe traumatic brain injury."

The last three diagnoses concern advocates.

"That's not only wrong, it's also illegal because federal law prohibits allocating medical treatment based on a person's disability, which is exactly what this policy does," said Brownstein.

https://www.al.com/news/2020/03/alabama-limit-on-ventilators-discriminates-against-intellectually-disabled-advocates-claim-in-legal-challenge.html
View Quote

That is horrifying. Italy and I ran will not treat people over the age of 60. They have socialized medicine and we know that NY WA OR and CA are all considering blanket DNR's for COVID cases.
If you code that's it and they will not use ventilators or waste bed space.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#10]
We have socialized medicine too. Don't fool yourself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes we do. When governors can sign orders preventing MD's from using treatments for their patients we have socialized medicine. That's clear.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yes we do. When governors can sign orders preventing MD's from using treatments for their patients we have socialized medicine. That's clear.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that's more dictatorial than Socialized.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Jackson, Madison, Lauderdale, and Mobile counties have reported deaths.

Gov. Ivey has shut down the non-essential businesses until April 17.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Here we go
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Retail Stores / Department Stores - Does this mean Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar, et al? No mention of grocery stores, obviously, but how stringent will the directive be enforced in the case of the retailers I mentioned?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#17]
That's such a poorly crafted document.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:11:24 PM EDT
[#18]
What you expect from ol' Gov Mee Maw....
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Are the open ABC stores still open?

And, are walking tracks still open?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
This!  I needs to know
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:57:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This!  I needs to know
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!  I needs to know

@justsayin would be one to know.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:15:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Retail Stores / Department Stores - Does this mean Wal-Mart, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar, et al? No mention of grocery stores, obviously, but how stringent will the directive be enforced in the case of the retailers I mentioned?
View Quote

Walmart IS a Department Store but the one near me was open as of an hour ago.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Walmart IS a Department Store but the one near me was open as of an hour ago.
View Quote
WM super centers are grocery stores.  Same with Super Targets.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:32:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Went by galleria.
Limit 5 people in store.
Cant touch anything until you pay for it, they do all the handling.
All the aisles were barricaded, you had to know what you wanted and ask for it, no browsing.
Got too close to the string and the girl SCREAMED YOU CAN'T COME DOWN THE AISLE! like I was attacking her.
A good 8 feet away, standing still.

I scolded her for screaming at me and walked out.
No rare or special goods, but if you know what you want select stores are open.

Now that may change with the essential busi business measures going in effect over the weekend.
View Quote
If you are referring to an ABC store, they have been like that for a week or so.  5 peeps in the store and the clerks get what you want from the shelf for you.  And 1/2 or so ABC stores are now closed.  

I haven't decided if I'll pay the windmill tax in Madison County or make a trip to TN or GA this weekend....
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#26]
10 p.m. to 5 a.m. "curfew" in Montgomery.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wish I had a drone to watch that get enforced in Thugomery

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Need to wrap the drone in Kevlar first. Lol
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Need to wrap the drone in Kevlar first. Lol
View Quote

Touché, same goes for Bham
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

But what about the "Midnight Basketball"?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 11:15:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Huntsville is pretty much normal for now.

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Those sell groceries
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:22:04 AM EDT
[#33]
ABC store stay open. So booze must be essential
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 12:38:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I think that's more dictatorial than Socialized.
View Quote

They took the Mobile one off for now so officially 3 but according to Health Dept there are "several" other deaths being investigated for ties to Covid.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#35]
A friend of mine is a nurse at UAB and said all the new patients coming in have had Covid-19 or were have symptoms as of 3-27-20. Which begs the question what isn’t the local news telling us and ar e the reported cases accurate.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 8:19:24 PM EDT
[#36]
From an article in Al.com today.

"Huntsville Hospital has about 500 vacant beds at this point through discharges and allocating pre- and post-operative spaces for patients."

Link Posted: 3/28/2020 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

"Huntsville Hospital has about 500 vacant beds at this point through discharges and allocating pre- and post-operative spaces for patients."

View Quote

That hospital has 970 rooms.  That's a lot of lost revenue..
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
HSV Hospital also has 2000 new masks available for their docs and nurses as of yesterday.  Another 1000 will be delivered early next week.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
HSV Hospital also has 2000 new masks available for their docs and nurses as of yesterday.  Another 1000 will be delivered early next week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that Hunstville can handle it's load without a problem.  Montgomery will probably be maxed out but able to handle it's load.  It's Birmingham that I am worried about because it will probably have to take the over flow from the rest of the State.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:32:15 AM EDT
[#41]
AL COVID METRICS but wait...there's more

I'm re-posting the link to the Alabama Covid live map. If you look at the lower center of the map you will see two tabs.
The second is marked "Testing" Click on this.
This will show you the locations of the test sites. if you double click the ones near you it gives you locations, testing time, requirements.

Lots of prayers for all.

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:35:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

They took the Mobile one off for now so officially 3 but according to Health Dept there are "several" other deaths being investigated for ties to Covid.
View Quote

It was odd over the weekend. The number of death's was officially at 9. However, that is back down to 4 today.
Not sure why the adjustment.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It was odd over the weekend. The number of death's was officially at 9. However, that is back down to 4 today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The numbers are being underreported for this state.  Deaths are going three days or more without being reported.  So, what does that say about confirmed case reporting.
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The numbers are being underreported for this state.  Deaths are going three days or more without being reported.  So, what does that say about confirmed case reporting.
View Quote

Thank God you are in the know. Otherwise we'd all be dead, but not reported.
Testing is low and slow in Alabama right now.
Let's just stop with the fear mongering and do 'the five' and get along as best we can for now.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#45]
This is what the 4 o’clock news was showing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Wife has been in Opelika and Dadeville mon-tomorrow
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Snap shot in time.

999 cases out of 7249 tested.
24 deaths
17 confirmed
7 deaths under investigation.

To those fussing about the hospital being emptied, it's my limited understanding that the hospital clear as many patients as they could in preparation for covid patients.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Let's just stop with the fear mongering and do 'the five' and get along as best we can for now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Low and Slow?  It would behoove Trump to show the behind the scenes on just how difficult it is to make the stuff for a new test.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Snap shot in time.

999 cases out of 7249 tested.
24 deaths
17 confirmed
7 deaths under investigation.

To those fussing about the hospital being emptied, it's my limited understanding that the hospital clear as many patients as they could in preparation for covid patients.

View Quote

They are clearing all of the profitable elective stuff while they still have to handle the money losing stuff like car accidents, shootings and the others that can't pay.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top